Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm aware that he's a poor defender, but the hope is with better defensive teammates (Trae Young is a horrible defender), a better defensive system (assuming either Pop retires or ins utes a better defensive strategy) & some holding him accountable he improve.

He is a much better version of the missed out on "God" Brandon Clarke & could flourish in a better coached (in theory) environment.

Also, I said a John Collins - tier player meaning someome at his level (good production, youth & athleticism) where a change of scenery could lead to them taking a bigger leap.
    I’m really wishing we could’ve landed Christian Wood. Rockets have the best defense in the league (post harden era) when he’s on the court. According to the local sports guy here anyway. But man he is looking like a beast. I would trade them Lonnie or Derrick White for him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wtf Grizz played like a championship team, they had the advantage on every position

Keldon is a beast, and pop need to figure out what to do with White back

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    gonna hold on to DeRozan, Aldridge, and Mills at the deadline to chase a first round sweep, miss out, and lose em for free in 6 months
    That sounds about right.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wtf Grizz played like a championship team, they had the advantage on every position

Keldon is a beast, and pop need to figure out what to do with White back
    Pop stupidly has it in his head to bring White off the bench in a Manu role IMO, and I believe it's the wrong one. This isn't the same Spurs team where you have TD and TP starting enabling you the luxury to bring Manu off the bench. I think White needs to start as the Spurs' best play last season with White was in the bubble and with him starting. The fact that he's still trying to fit a square peg in a round hole is just crazy. There's certain ideas that he just doesn't want to go away from.
    Last edited by Ice009; 02-02-2021 at 09:20 PM.

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop stupidly has it in his head to bring White off the bench in a Manu role IMO, and I believe it's the wrong one. This isn't the same Spurs team where you have TD and TP starting enabling you the luxury to bring Manu off the bench. I think White needs to start as the Spurs' best play last season with White was in the bubble and with him starting. The fact that he's still trying to fit a square peg in a round hole is just crazy. There's certain ideas that he just doesn't want to go away from.
    Agreed, Derrick needs to be starting once he’s fit

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And of course, the Pacers are butt- ing the Grizzlies right now lol.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not surprised the Grizzlies are a poor offensive team. Even a marginal defensive effort shuts that offense down. Pacers have superior interior defense compared to the Spurs though. Spurs front court is a complete dumpster fire.

Pacers coach tough too. The grizzlies started that grabbing, holding, fouling defense and the coach ran out on the court and took a tech and shut that down.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Grizz will lose their next game if they're still down this many guys tbh. Spurs just have a fatal flaw in their defense with LMA on top of poor defensive schemes by their coach.
    , not only did they lose they got ass ed.

Spurs

Thread Information