Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It beats having Trump each day spout BS ad nauseum. I like not seeing his insane tweets, his attacks and his nonsense. It's a breath of fresh air really.
    agree. I don't miss Trumps bull at all.

I would be fine with a Biden hologram. About the same as what we have now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How would that even work?
    Here Joe sign this, it will make little girls happy

Ok

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    It beats having Trump each day spout BS ad nauseum. I like not seeing his insane tweets, his attacks and his nonsense. It's a breath of fresh air really.
    The mental gymnastics. Seems you would love life in China.

No one is surprised by this development. It was one of the main points I made when comparing the two. Combined with the media handling Biden with kiddie gloves and you have an Administration not challenged or held accountable. After 4 years of "unnamed sources" and gotcha journalism.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here Joe sign this, it will make little girls happy

Ok

Walk me through your scenario.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The mental gymnastics. Seems you would love life in China.

No one is surprised by this development. It was one of the main points I made when comparing the two. Combined with the media handling Biden with kiddie gloves and you have an Administration not challenged or held accountable. After 4 years of "unnamed sources" and gotcha journalism.
    your tears taste like cabbage

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    your tears taste like cabbage
    I don't believe you eat cabbage. That's white people food. You support your local black restaurants.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    40 days in and hasn't even passed a covid bill? They turned down a bipartisan covid bill that could have passed easily and went for the huge pork loaded bill that Manchin may not vote for now. LOL. With that kind of incompetence, good luck getting anything done on immigration or infrastructure.
    When did they “turned down” a bipartisan COVID relief Bill?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't believe you eat cabbage. That's white people food. You support your local black restaurants.
    keep crying

And staying in the US where blacks are your superiors.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sleepy Joe basically ran on "I'm not Trump". So yeah, he's not Trump.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    such disingenuous bull from the right.

Aw, CC misses his Trump. "aT LeAsT hE bANgeD tHaT pLaYmAte!"

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    blacks are your superiors.
    I'm not a ball bouncer or rapper

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    February, 1, 2021

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not a ball bouncer or rapper
    sour grapes

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What was the Bill? IIRC Republicans were never on board with the proposed 1400 dollars let alone the 2000 one. They spent more than 5 months to dole out 600 under Trump and even that wasn’t by choice.

Republicans aren’t looking for bipartisanship.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What was the Bill? IIRC Republicans were never on board with the proposed 1400 dollars let alone the 2000 one. They spent more than 5 months to dole out 600 under Trump and even that wasn’t by choice.

Republicans aren’t looking for bipartisanship.
    awwww...Reck wants his check!!!

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    You don't think "black restaurants" have cabbage?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You never do, why is that?
    You didn't stand by Ron Paul or Gary Johnson or Bernie

Staying strong for Sleepy Joe tho. You and Bill Kristol shoulder to shoulder.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    awwww...Reck wants his check!!!
    Geez, already back pedaling? Dont bring it up if you don’t want to be embarrassed because you get your news off Facebook. And no, I don’t need the money. I’m currently employed. But millions of others aren’t and need it so yeah, why don’t you laugh harder about the shape our country is in.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

It's weird for people who shilled for Donald Trump for 4 years to say anything about blind loyalty, but whatever makes you happy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Geez, already back pedaling? Dont bring it up if you don’t want to be embarrassed because you get your news off Facebook. And no, I don’t need the money. I’m currently employed. But millions of others aren’t and need it so yeah, why don’t you laugh harder about the shape our country is in.
    I'm not back pedaling. You are obviously the one that doesn't keep up with current events. 10 republicans senators offered 618 billion of Covid specific funding that didn't include all the pork stuffed into blue teams bill but it was immediately rejected. It could have passed easily a month ago.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I would still stand for Bernie if that were relevant, but it isn't. He's doing fine where he is, tbh.

Bill Kristol is rightly famous for remaining a respected member of the pundit class despite getting everything wrong. Being anti-Trump ihe first good he's made in decades and is the only meaningful sense that it might be accurate to say I am "shoulder to shoulder" with him. Keep flailing tho!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not back pedaling. You are obviously the one that doesn't keep up with current events. 10 republicans senators offered 618 billion of Covid specific funding that didn't include all the pork stuffed into blue teams bill but it was immediately rejected. It could have passed easily a month ago.
    Oh you mean this piece of that wasn’t even done in good faith.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn...den/index.html

This was not a bipartisan Bill. It was a Republican counter proposal with zero dem input.

bipartisan
    cuts the current plan more than half
    decreases personal income
    for your troubles here’s 1000 dollars

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One thing that I don't get and never really got was why people seem to think it's dishonorable and ridiculous -- or somehow betokens weakness of mind, or lack of character--to change one's mind about an issue or a person.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    PORK

As The Wall Street Journal has noted, most of the House bill has less to do with the virus and more to do with paying lobbyists and other groups favorable to Democrats.

There’s another $7.2 billion for paycheck protection, which again would be less expensive and possibly unnecessary if businesses were allowed to reopen. When this money runs out and businesses are still mostly closed will there be more spending, adding to the already unsustainable debt?

There’s $86 billion to rescue 185 pension plans, which, as the Journal notes, have been “chronically underfunded due to lax federal standards and accounting rules. Yet the bailout comes with no real reform.” That’s the thing about so many government programs. They never have to fix a problem, only demonstrate good intentions so politicians can save their careers.

Public elementary and secondary schools, most of which remain closed thanks to teachers’ unions that wish to extract even more money for themselves, without returning to classrooms, are targeted to receive $129 billion. Schools don’t have to reopen to get the money, despite the science, which Biden promised to rely on, that says young children are least likely to become infected. The Congressional Budget Office has said that Congress previously authorized $113 billion for schools, but that most of that money has not been spent.

There’s plenty more, including massive amounts of cash for programs favored by Democrats. In addition to Planned Parenthood, notes the Journal, included are billions to defray premiums for the Affordable Care Act, $39 billion for child care, $30 billion for public transit agencies, the $15/hour minimum wage, which may lead to more layoffs and fewer hires, $1.5 billion for AMTRAK, a bridge to Canada (not to be confused with Alaska’s notorious “bridge to nowhere” some years ago), and as the CBO notes, “$500 billion grants to fund activities related to the arts, humanities, libraries and museums and Native American language preservation.”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so what?

elections have consequences.

Thread Information