Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks OP

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Honestly can't remember the last Spurs player with such a dramatic turnaround defensively like Luka. Early this year, he looked absolutely lost on that end and I wan't sure he'd be able to defend at the WNBA level tbh.

Tonight he effectively shuts down Randle, like wtf

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone concerned with Walker's shooting? He is under 40% now.

Also the refs were so inconsistent today. And we got the better end of the deal this time.

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its a damn shame some of these guys are going to miss out on mins when the rest of the team gets back.. they are all productive.

Luca looking ready defensively from man on man to rebounding is probably the most exciting development from this undermanned spurs team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its a damn shame some of these guys are going to miss out on mins when the rest of the team gets back.. they are all productive.

Luca looking ready defensively from man on man to rebounding is probably the most exciting development from this undermanned spurs team.
    No rush, really. Just be great full that we have depth this time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks Timvp. This team is fast becoming long, athletic good. Dang, what different combinations that Pop has on his arsenals. Luka and Diop are exciting as Swiss-Army knives bigs who can guard multiple positions. Luka’s 4 TO’s (2 charges, 2 travels) are because of his aggressiveness, very fixable as he learns to adjust. But that 3pt range plus quick step and ballhandling should get him a lot of shots. Aldridge has looong time to decide that his days in the starting lineup is done. Great win!

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Also the refs were so inconsistent today. And we got the better end of the deal this time.
    No . The shots are there, Lonny not hesitating and keeping defense honest. They dont sag off him like some of his teammates.

The only concern he needs to mix it up more and finish better on the drive.. one thing for sure , he aint overpasssing on the drive like a few games ago

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Luka had such a huge night that it overshadowed what seems to be one of Lyles most complete games yet.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Not this game, he is playing how he was suppose to play. As close he is to the game of patty the better.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs had 10 players with 8 points or more. I don’t ever remember that happening before. I wonder the last time that happened.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    9 different players have led the Spurs in scoring which is most in the league

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great win and great write-up!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That was an impressive win against one of the better defensive teams in the NBA ... mainly because it was a b2b ... threes were falling ... steals galore ... and the excitement about Luka is heating up. The future is bright!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Honestly can't remember the last Spurs player with such a dramatic turnaround defensively like Luka. Early this year, he looked absolutely lost on that end and I wan't sure he'd be able to defend at the WNBA level tbh.

Tonight he effectively shuts down Randle, like wtf
    seriously wtf lmao

he went from a non nba player to being able to hold his own on the perimeter and post defense

wut

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not this game, he is playing how he was suppose to play. As close he is to the game of patty the better.
    Patty Mills is shooting 5% better from the field and 6% better from down town. And also scoring more. Lonnie is like the 3rd of 4th option most of the time. He should be taken good shots and hitting them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Patty Mills is shooting 5% better from the field and 6% better from down town. And also scoring more. Lonnie is like the 3rd of 4th option most of the time. He should be taken good shots and hitting them.
    Patty actual gets plays drawn up for him and pick and rolls. Lonnie gets neither. He usually gets the ball when things break down or on the end of the shot clock. Could he hit a few more of those spot up 3’s? Absolutely. Hopefully he will become more consistent.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lonnie making decisions hasn't work so far this season. He should just let it fly as to not bog down the offense. Even if he is not hitting at least it increases the pace.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With Lonnie's athletcism, his ceiling being Patty would be pretty disappointing (though it'd keep him in the league, obviously. As most picks actually don't last, it'd still make the LW pick a success).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone still ing about Yak’s contract? We got the best screen setter, and a top 3 rim protector for <$10M.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone still ing about Yak’s contract? We got the best screen setter, and a top 3 rim protector for <$10M.
    It’s a fantastic situation. My concern at the time was that by not trading LA it was going to screw up Yak’s season and in general cause chemistry issues. But Pop has started Yak over LA, which has been an amazing unexpected development. I didn’t want LA to fall off a cliff, but overall it’s working out great.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lonnie making decisions hasn't work so far this season. He should just let it fly as to not bog down the offense. Even if he is not hitting at least it increases the pace.
    So you are saying Lonnie should be playing a Jaren Jackson role. Interesting. I wonder who said that before... oh wait. It's me! You know the guy who you keep attacking over my Lonnie Walker take

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We're back, boys.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Imagine if they had a healthy squad all year. 50-win team.

Thread Information