Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    He mentioned it in the mismatch podcast

Spurs turned down a Sixers offer that would have sent them Simmons. Philly wanted back four first round picks, three first round pick swaps, and a young player in return.
    https://streamable.com/3nwbrt

4 1sts, and 3 pick swaps for Simmons?? Morey is outta his ing mind

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seems like Morey's calling all teams and offering ridiculous things just to gauge the interest. There was a rumored crazy Toronto offer recently as well.

There's no way he trades Simmons for a picks package, he'll want a star in return or at the very least a couple of starter level players who can help Philly contend.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That’s reassuring to hear that there has been a discussion. It was a ridiculous discussion, and now we can all move on.

Let them sit and stew and realize what a disaster training camp will be when Simmons shows up, still on the team. Their next season will likely be, at least, complicated by this ongoing issue. If he sits Simmons that will be even more interesting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not gonna lie…. I know the spurs are getting fleeced in that deal but I wouldn’t mind it tbh lol we need a franchise guy to build around bad

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not gonna lie…. I know the spurs are getting fleeced in that deal but I wouldn’t mind it tbh lol we need a franchise guy to build around bad
    We do but it sure as ain't Ben Simmons diva ass

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How do you build around Simmons in a small market without at least the option of the draft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How do you build around Simmons in a small market without at least the option of the draft.
    you get creative lol we already have a ton of young players but I know what your saying

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    *desperate*

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think it's noteworthy that some of the details of the offer are coming out (here and Raptors deal). Feels like part of what Morey is doing here is trying to show his own guys (ownership, etc.) that there simply isnt the market they think there is for Simmons.

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this offer is even more ridiculous than raptors one

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think it's noteworthy that some of the details of the offer are coming out (here and Raptors deal). Feels like part of what Morey is doing here is trying to show his own guys (ownership, etc.) that there simply isnt the market they think there is for Simmons.
    Good point. Leaking is often with a motive.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You mind if I tweet this out?

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We'd still need a franchise guy but wouldn't have a decent draft pick for 7 years. No thanks.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Simmons has proven every year of his nba career that he IS NOT a franchise guy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Simmons has proven every year of his nba career that he IS NOT a franchise guy.
    I think the 76ers haven’t helped tho, small sample size but when Emiid missed a lot of games one year the 76ers were successful with Ben as the number guy surrounded by shooters

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Imagine giving all that ahit up for a guy that wouldnt dunk on Trae Young.

Govt, stay away!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

shame Simmons isnt one

Govt, stay away!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

shame Simmons isnt one

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Saw this comment on a pounding the rock thread...

From Joshua Munn on youtube, take it with a grain of salt

From what I’m hearing from my source: Lakers, Spurs, Wizards, Warriors, Raptors and 76ers are all in talks for possibly the biggest trade in NBA history the ultimate game changer where the Lakers and Warriors become superteams receiving DeMar DeRozen who may sign the MLE if the Spurs don’t agree to the deal. But they’re agreeing to terms right now to receive a few players they want Beal but are settled on Ben Simmons. Kelly Oubre and Kyle Kuzma and Montrezl Harrell most likely or the Spurs who would get possibly Kelly Oubre or Andrew Wiggins, Kyle Kuzma, Montrezl Harrell, THT, Alfonso McKinnie in a sign and trade, all of these in sign and trades.

Trezz only agreed to opt in to be traded to either the Spurs or Raptors along with Dennis Schroder, KCP is now on the chopping block and so is Marc Gasol because the Raptors want him back to take Schroder and Talen Horton Tucker. The plan is Russell Westbrook has been in communication with LeBron that he wants to be a Laker whatever the cost. LeBron tells him that they are looking to put Kyle Lowry, DeMar DeRozen via sign and trades and Spencer Dinwiddie for the MLE on the team but now Dinwiddie currently is thinking of taking a veteran minimum deal to play with this crazy line up proposed by Russell Westbrook.

LeBron who after his current deal expires plans to re-sign a 3-4 year deal with the Lakers with Davis signing 3+1 deal as well with the Lakers with DeRozen if they can get Westbrook and Lowry via sign and trades that I just mentioned a few sentences ago and Pelinka and Jeanie think they can pull this off and Jeanie is creaming herself over all this: DeRozen taking significantly less money this year the MLE to sign and ring guaranteed chase in a starting line-up after a possible six team trade one of the team’s not mentioned including the 76ers who would send Ben Simmons to either the Spurs or Warriors, Spurs are more likely.

While the Lakers next season have a starting line-up of LeBron, AD, DeRozen who would re-sign in the off-season a 5 year max after taking the MLE this season, Russell Westbrook and Kyle Lowry who would spend the rest of their careers in L.A. signing 4-7 year deals respectively (Lowry signs 4 and after Russ’s 2 years are up he signs 5). Dinwiddie if the Lakers pull this off will take the veteran minimum and be the second option PG, Russ would play SG, DeRozen would play SF, LeBron would be PF, Davis is willing to play C with Cousins as the secondary. If the Lakers can only get 2/3 players especially only Lowry and DeRozen then Dinwiddie takes the MLE himself only saving it for DeRozen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who's the franchise guy to build around?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Derozan (S&T) + Murray + Walker for Simmons and Hill's contract. Then sign Lauri to space the floor.

G-White
    G-Vassell
    F-Simmons
    F-Markkanen
    C-Poetl

Three guys who can shoot the 3 in volumes + four guys who can defend. KJ off the bench as the 6th man can play multiple positions and bring the energy with Luka, Gorgui, T. Jones, Bates-Diop and the #12 pick.

Who am I kidding...more likely we start the season:

G-DJ
    G-Walker (White on injury list)
    F-Derozan
    F-KJ
    C-Poetl

lol...same old same old

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    After the Demarre Carroll fiasco, I wouldn’t had been surprised if Brian Wrong had to be held back from pulling the trigger on this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good point. Leaking is often with a motive.
    Should Spurs have countered with some equally ridiculous offer?

I'd like to see that.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Honestly I doubt this is a real offer of any kind. Philly isn't going to waste a Simmons trade to get a non-All Star that wastes Embid's prime years. They are in win now mode and draft picks are win in 3-4 years if you even draft right and develop. If they are trading with the Spurs, it is for a package of like DDR, White/DJ, and one other young guy.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Saw this comment on a pounding the rock thread...

From Joshua Munn on youtube, take it with a grain of salt

From what I’m hearing from my source: Lakers, Spurs, Wizards, Warriors, Raptors and 76ers are all in talks for possibly the biggest trade in NBA history the ultimate game changer where the Lakers and Warriors become superteams receiving DeMar DeRozen who may sign the MLE if the Spurs don’t agree to the deal. But they’re agreeing to terms right now to receive a few players they want Beal but are settled on Ben Simmons. Kelly Oubre and Kyle Kuzma and Montrezl Harrell most likely or the Spurs who would get possibly Kelly Oubre or Andrew Wiggins, Kyle Kuzma, Montrezl Harrell, THT, Alfonso McKinnie in a sign and trade, all of these in sign and trades.

Trezz only agreed to opt in to be traded to either the Spurs or Raptors along with Dennis Schroder, KCP is now on the chopping block and so is Marc Gasol because the Raptors want him back to take Schroder and Talen Horton Tucker. The plan is Russell Westbrook has been in communication with LeBron that he wants to be a Laker whatever the cost. LeBron tells him that they are looking to put Kyle Lowry, DeMar DeRozen via sign and trades and Spencer Dinwiddie for the MLE on the team but now Dinwiddie currently is thinking of taking a veteran minimum deal to play with this crazy line up proposed by Russell Westbrook.

LeBron who after his current deal expires plans to re-sign a 3-4 year deal with the Lakers with Davis signing 3+1 deal as well with the Lakers with DeRozen if they can get Westbrook and Lowry via sign and trades that I just mentioned a few sentences ago and Pelinka and Jeanie think they can pull this off and Jeanie is creaming herself over all this: DeRozen taking significantly less money this year the MLE to sign and ring guaranteed chase in a starting line-up after a possible six team trade one of the team’s not mentioned including the 76ers who would send Ben Simmons to either the Spurs or Warriors, Spurs are more likely.

While the Lakers next season have a starting line-up of LeBron, AD, DeRozen who would re-sign in the off-season a 5 year max after taking the MLE this season, Russell Westbrook and Kyle Lowry who would spend the rest of their careers in L.A. signing 4-7 year deals respectively (Lowry signs 4 and after Russ’s 2 years are up he signs 5). Dinwiddie if the Lakers pull this off will take the veteran minimum and be the second option PG, Russ would play SG, DeRozen would play SF, LeBron would be PF, Davis is willing to play C with Cousins as the secondary. If the Lakers can only get 2/3 players especially only Lowry and DeRozen then Dinwiddie takes the MLE himself only saving it for DeRozen.
    So basically the Lakers could end up with Derozan and Westbrook. That is a weird team in the sense that both Derozan and Westbrook can't shoot 3's so the spacing on that team would be terrible.

Thread Information