Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why he wasn't 6th man of the Year more than once boggles my mind. He should have had the award every year

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    joe johnson was a star player for a few years, put up high numbers and stuff. Manu while great played pretty selfless, off the bench etc. so i guess he appeared flashier, even tho manu is more talented than him
    Agreed. chuckers who puts up 20 plus a game on volume aren't hall of fame worthy. See stackhouse, antoine walker and so on and so forth.

Manu is a hall of famer. Points ain't everything. Winning is. See bill russell.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why he wasn't 6th man of the Year more than once boggles my mind. He should have had the award every year

Because he plays for the Spurs. Tim, Manu and Parker were never in an all-stars game together and yet Utah has 3 all-stars last year tells you the standing of Spurs players in the eyes of the NBA ECO system.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    While Manu is my all-time favorite, Parker was also a of a player and equally deserving the praise. He led the field goal percentage despite his 6’2” frame, choosing to penetrate with his quick spin moves and teardrops (which he revolutionized, forget CP0), amidst trees. He was a one-man fastbreak with his speed. And this kid started directing Timmy and DRob when he was 19. So his fearlessness and tenacity to win both in the NBA and international was equal to Manu. Spurs were lucky to have all 3 alpha’s at the same time, coached with the GOAT.
    Erin Barry certainly agrees about TP’s penetration prowess...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poor Brent.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yep, same with TD and DPOY

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu didn't get the NBA accolades he should have gotten. That said, he should easily be first ballot HOF.

What a weak overall group for next year. Joe Johnson first ballot?? Really?? I'd of taken Rasheed way before someone like Joe Johnson.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    manu has always been the most underappreciated spur and one of the most underrated players ever. he was easily better and more important than parker who is among the more overrated players ever
    I disagree a bit. I don't think Manu is/was undervalued or underappreciated. It's interesting that so many fans say this. It it was true, someone would be disagreeing. So I am disagreeing. I think Manu was appreciated but because he wasn't a starter he's seen as undervalued. It's known that as Manu goes so did the Spurs, for the most part. Even in 2014 Finals Manu was big time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poor Brent's refrigerator.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    I disagree a bit. I don't think Manu is/was undervalued or underappreciated. It's interesting that so many fans say this. It it was true, someone would be disagreeing. So I am disagreeing. I think Manu was appreciated but because he wasn't a starter he's seen as undervalued. It's known that as Manu goes so did the Spurs, for the most part. Even in 2014 Finals Manu was big time.
    oh so then what i said was true

got it thanks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu didn't get the NBA accolades he should have gotten. That said, he should easily be first ballot HOF.

What a weak overall group for next year. Joe Johnson first ballot?? Really?? I'd of taken Rasheed way before someone like Joe Johnson.
    I think only Manu gets next year 1st Ballot based on that list.

It is what it is. Mark in Austin's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I remember driving in Austin back in 2004 listening to that game early in the season where Tim and Tony were out and it was basically Manu vs 4 HOFers: Shaq, Kobe, Payton and Malone. And he carried a goddamn JV team for nearly the whole game before running out of gas in 2OT. My favorite regular season game ever.
    https://www.basketball-reference.com...311060SAS.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

2023 would be Wade, Nowitzki and our boy Tony. The 1st two are locked, and Tony is the best player ever to come out from France with 4 years NBA les, Finals MVP, 6x NBA All Star. His international accolades is not like Manu’s Olypic gold, but Tony made some noise at FIBA. I think Tony will also be 1st ballot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he should be ...

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed. chuckers who puts up 20 plus a game on volume aren't hall of fame worthy. See stackhouse, antoine walker and so on and so forth.

Manu is a hall of famer. Points ain't everything. Winning is. See bill russell.
    You're making a case for Carmelo Anthony to not be in the HOF, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t know. Lakers are giving free rides to these stats padding stars. But for sure Melo is a HOF with his Olympic golds plus scoring leader (see TMac).

Man, I hate LeSoft getting another ring, getting a close ring count to Timmy’s, and then talks of him in the GOAT status with his bought rings, as much as I hate Harden getting a ring.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu and Chauncey are probably going to headline... Shawn Marion I think is eligible as well... we'll see...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu and Chauncey are probably going to headline... Shawn Marion I think is eligible as well... we'll see...
    Why not Sheed before Billups? I mean the bad boy image is really hurting the likes of Sheed, Laimbeer.

How about Paul Silas? Why hasn’t he made it?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I dont think melo should be in the hall of fame.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Based on his NBA career, he probably is at 20%. Pretty sure he goes in as an international candidate.
    If you look at counting stats only. If you look at overall impact, Manu is definitely a first ballot HoF even if you consider just his NBA career. The guy popularized the most influential move in NBA history.

Did Yao make it as a first ballot? If so, Manu being a first ballot too is undeniable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2023 would be Wade, Nowitzki and our boy Tony. The 1st two are locked, and Tony is the best player ever to come out from France with 4 years NBA les, Finals MVP, 6x NBA All Star. His international accolades is not like Manu’s Olypic gold, but Tony made some noise at FIBA. I think Tony will also be 1st ballot.
    Tony should be a shoe-in, tbh. His NBA resume is really more decorated than Manu.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu and TP are both 1st Ballot tbh..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu and TP are both 1st Ballot tbh..
    I agree

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count