Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It is so weird that he HAD TO stay in NYC to rehab with his medical team and his "group" most of the Post ASB time frame and he couldn't be spared to be away during the playoffs, but then as soon as the season is over, he NOW can afford to leave his medical group in NYC, spend a couple of weeks in SA and head to his offseason home in San Diego... it's just so really strange the timing of him being released from NYC to continue his rehab elsewhere with no problem...
    This. I guess the most optimistic view would be he was rehabbing like mad to make a comeback and just missed it because Spurs were eliminated in the first round. But it is pretty su ious.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How in' convenient he got released from his NY Rehab HQ after the Spurs got eliminated and he is now back roaming the country.. .

Apologists and fanboys need to see it for what it is: he quit on this franchise/team. That will never be forgotten or forgiven in my book..
    Troof bomb tbh

My Team
    Charlotte Bobcats
    Post Count
    How in' convenient he got released from his NY Rehab HQ after the Spurs got eliminated and he is now back roaming the country.. .

Apologists and fanboys need to see it for what it is: he quit on this franchise/team. That will never be forgotten or forgiven in my book..

YGWHI and duncan2k5 can't this

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone else see this nonsense from NBA updates on FB

BREAKING NEWS:

After having a confrontation with his teammates and denying to attend/play for the Spurs playoff run. Kawhi Leonard has been traded to the Boston Celtics for Gordon Hayward and Sacramento Kings 2019 1st round pick (via sixers) this trade will be approved this summer. According to Peter Vescey

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

BREAKING NEWS:

After having a confrontation with his teammates and denying to attend/play for the Spurs playoff run. Kawhi Leonard has been traded to the Boston Celtics for Gordon Hayward and Sacramento Kings 2019 1st round pick (via sixers) this trade will be approved this summer. According to Peter Vescey
    Peter Vescey

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count

BREAKING NEWS:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm thinking we should have a thread to just completely make stuff up re Kawhi.
    Just like the overpaid media s do.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A lot of people can't admit when they have been played. I live by the advice my father told me when I was 18 which is everybody gets played at one point of time in life but acknowledge it when it happens to you so it doesn't happen again.
    Or the is 2 sides to one story and the truth lays somewhere in the middle.

But go on and take sides

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi isn't coming back, the fact that very little has been said since the exit interview is alarming. He was only rehabbing as an excuse to not sit on the Spurs bench. He's been fine to play for some time but didn't want to risk further injury while seeking a trade.

We have officially entered the darkest timeline.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's one of them, clearly. Especially for a player who touches the ball way more than anyone else.
    Then you don’t know the Spurs “new” system. The last year Kawhi played, the team averaged 24 assists per game (I think that was like 4th or 5th). The leader was Tony Parker with only 4.5! It’s just not how the team operates. Another thing, I admit I was an even bigger Kawhi fan at the time so I was rooting for him to be very successful so I’d follow what he did on the court often and when he found an open man and kicked it out to them or dropped off a decent pass down low they’d miss it. It takes two people to get an assist.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi isn't coming back, the fact that very little has been said since the exit interview is alarming. He was only rehabbing as an excuse to not sit on the Spurs bench. He's been fine to play for some time but didn't want to risk further injury while seeking a trade.

We have officially entered the darkest timeline.
    What exit interview? When did that happen? Do you have a source?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No..,he’s just a cliff jumper with a noose around his neck..

I mean if Kawhi really requested a trade it’d be breaking news..just like every leaked story regarding this tning

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I stand with you 100% if it turns out to be true.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    to be a realist... rehabbing would be more important than just sitting on the bench. spurs wouldn't have beat the warriors with him there...

i get that he could've been there for support. but if i was kawhi i'd rather be working on myself to get back to playing than to helplessly watch my team lose.
    the point was really that he could have rehabbed anywhere... he didn't NEED to be in NYC. I wouldn't think he has stopped rehabbing even in SA or San Diego if he really was injured. He could follow a protocol established by his doctors anywhere... and he could sit and watch and cheer his teammates for a couple of hours and then go to the team dinners, etc... since rehab is not a 24-7 proposition. But obviously this thing is getting really shady at this point.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jabari Young reported the exit interviews happened on 4/26 and were private so the media was shut out from them.

https://twitter.com/JabariJYoung/sta...98412040884224

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have a feeling Kawhi is going to stay a Spur.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Plus who wants to deal with all this Leonard drama for another year? If the Spurs pay him the supermax it's to stay here longterm if he tells Uncle Dennis to off.
    He’s a mute tho

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Could you imagine if LeBron has done something like this man oh man he would have been hounded and crucified.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He can write it on the Supermax contract, just below his signature.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Same.

And all these idiots talking about him will go right back to sucking him off when he starts playing well again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I warned you and everyone about his Uncle months ago but you scoffed at my information.

Glad you can see the light now.
    gtfo

I've had this theory of Kawhi really caring about his brand for like 1-2 years. It's a conclusion I came to just based on his behavior (tendency to promote his klaw apparel). Doesn't mean I'm going to suddenly claim I have "sources" that "fed me information" though.

I also had my doubts about his uncle as soon as his name started popping up and news that Kawhi fired his old agent came out. There's been enough bits of information come out from actual journalists (not posters with sauces) to question the unc.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    gtfo

I've had this theory of Kawhi really caring about his brand for like 1-2 years. It's a conclusion I came to just based on his behavior (tendency to promote his klaw apparel). Doesn't mean I'm going to suddenly claim I have "sources" that "fed me information" though.

I also had my doubts about his uncle as soon as his name started popping up and news that Kawhi fired his old agent came out. There's been enough bits of information come out from actual journalists (not posters with sauces) to question the unc.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is this really someone capable of orchestrating a hold out for money or someone capable of marketing himself?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Same.

And all these idiots talking about him will go right back to sucking him off when he starts playing well again.
    I have seen so many comments receive a ridiculous spin that I have no reason to believe they will not sit down and work it out. Thinking they might even 'put the ball in Kawhi's court' when discussing money and who he wants to go to war with. I think LMA, Gay, Murray (after a summer with Chip), and Danny (who too needs to devote his summer getting his offense back on track) are a good place to start, but I wonder what they think they need to win.

We are seeing another predictable playoffs and I can only hope we can compete with the Cupcakes next season.
    Last edited by spurs10; 05-09-2018 at 02:59 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information