Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A change of scenery won't do for this kid. He's a head-case with amazing physical gifts who doesn't love basketball. Inconsistent, unreliable and has a low BB IQ. He should've stayed in school and matured before declaring for the draft but the money was too good to pass up. I understand why he did it & the Spurs couldn't help themselves. Well, chalk this up as a loss & move on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Feel like he'd do well on CHA or another team that likes to get out and run, where he'll have more room and won't have to do a lot of multi-step processing. I really like the guy and hope for the best.
    What?? This dude has trouble finishing at the rim. Save for open dunk opportunities, his layup attempts look like a ing high school'er out there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I rather see what Langford brings than another season of Walker.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Will always be rooting for Lonnie because he seems like a great person who really tried to be part of the San Antonio community, but his time here is done.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I rather see what Langford brings than another season of Walker.
    Yeah agreed although not sure Langford gets much of a chance.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He'll end up on the Lakers for a veterans minimum deal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Actually wouldn't be the worst move for them. They need to get rid of some of those dinosaurs they tried to win with last year and actually bring some athleticism

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would hate to see him go. Lonnie strikes me as a late bloomer. I think he is on the verge of putting it all together. I really hope we give him one more year to sprout.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Actually wouldn't be the worst move for them. They need to get rid of some of those dinosaurs they tried to win with last year and actually bring some athleticism

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The case against re-signing Lonnie: we just drafted 2 replacements for him
    The case for re-signing Lonnie: he once had cool hair and a cool nickname

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Lonnie, if he does develop, is going to be one of those players who develops later in his career. A Stephen Jackson or Jonathan Simmons or Danny Green.

He's very skilled in a lot of respects and seems to be well coached, but is so far away from putting it all together. He's inconsistent and only seems to come out when it doesn't matter. Like the game isn't natural for him and he doesn't seem to particularly enjoy it. I've never watched a game and seen Lonnie do something that matters. Even someone like Langford has had more flashes than Lonnie.

This means we can't have him on the team at anything other than a very low developmental, prove-it contract rate. We have way too much promising talent on the team at his position to pay him to take up space and time. His only role can be as the hungry 15th man who needs to prove he belongs in the league, and Lonnie likely needs to be treated that way to develop. Coddling him won't help.
    Meh Stephen Jackson was in year 3 when he was saving the Spurs season in the Phoenix series and burying threes to lock up the le in Game 6 of the Finals.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is from a hoopsrumors article...

The addition of two guards casts doubt on the future of Lonnie Walker, who is headed for free agency, Orsborn adds in a separate story. The Spurs can make him restricted by extending a $6.3MM qualifying offer by Wednesday, but there may no longer be a role for him in San Antonio. “He has done a phenomenal job in his development over the years and we saw the consistency he brought, especially in the second half of the season when he really hit his stride,” Wright said. “At the appropriate time, we will sit with (his representatives) and him and try to find out what’s next for him and the franchise.”
    In the same article Wright praises the compe iveness of Wesley and Branham
    Lonnie just doesn't have that. Yes he works hard but just lacks that edge.

Malaki Branham and Blake Wesley impressed the Spurs so much with their compe iveness at a pre-draft workout that the team decided to take both players, writes Tom Orsborn of The San Antonio Express-News. The two guards were matched up against each other in a 3-on-3 scrimmage and both took advantage of the opportunity.

“I felt like we was competing for a spot, so I was going extra hard and going after him,” Wesley said of Branham. He also tried to outshine Duke’s Wendell Moore, who took part in the scrimmage as well, explaining, “They had a lot more hype than me, so I wanted to go at them.”

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's likely gone now after adding the two guards.

Spurs need to open up three roster spots.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wesley sounds like he has a bit of that DJ Murray fire in him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meh Stephen Jackson was in year 3 when he was saving the Spurs season in the Phoenix series and burying threes to lock up the le in Game 6 of the Finals.
    haha Stack and Walker are build diff lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don’t know if it’s possible but read an article from a raptors website online for a Boucher & 2nd round pick for Lonnie sign and trade. They need someone to back up Gary Trent Jr.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don’t know if it’s possible but read an article from a raptors website online for a Boucher & 2nd round pick for Lonnie sign and trade. They need someone to back up Gary Trent Jr.
    If that's actually an option, Lonnie should already be on the plane.
    Boucher would be a perfect rotation PF/C. Good shot blocker and has a decent 3pt shot. Just what we need.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Could Malaki Branham or Blake Wesley beat LWII in a game of one-on-one?
    Let him play them for his spot.
    If Lonnie loses, let him go.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boucher is a free agent. Why would Spurs use sign and trade and get under a hard cap?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Both players had some clutch play this year. Wesley hit the game winner against Kentucky at home this year when UK was ranked #10.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Could Malaki Branham or Blake Wesley beat LWII in a game of one-on-one?
    Let him play them for his spot.
    If Lonnie loses, let him go.
    Lonnie can‘t guard either one of them

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm willing to give Lonnie another chance for the right price. The way people talk about him you would think he us a terrible player but he is not.

I get it that the expectations on him are high and he still shows flashes of that player that we think he is but I don't think he is a bad player to have around as long as we are not overpaying and over playing him. I would love to see how he responds to a coach that's not Pop, but who knows .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Right now the spurs have a very full roster. I believe one or both of the two way contracts have been used so those spots are taken and we have 3 first round picks with guaranteed money. We also have several non guaranteed contracts so the moves the spurs have left is to let some contracts expire to clear up some spots. Trading a player/players is always possible but the spurs don't do all that many trades.

Lonnie is in a weird position. He didn't do well enough to get an extension so now he plays the waiting game till Wednesday. With all the guards already on the team, there just doesn't seem a way to still be on the team. My guess is that the spurs just let contract expire and he becomes a free agent. His varying talents entertained us for 4 years but his inconsistencies just made it tough for the spurs to keep him.

Thanks for the memories, good luck wherever you go next (probably the lakers for a minimum contract)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wishing him a good luck on whatever happens to him this offseason but yeah, quite had a high expectation from him esp. he got tools and had his chances however still inconsistent.
    Productivity-wise on offense, he's decent sometimes but still underwhelming.

Also, fell on this and had expectation that his IQ is off the chart in the court. lol

https://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/...e-15036179.php

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ pop up books? One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish

Thread Information