Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah those guys left because they are obviously not part of the rebuilding (and I’m sure told), and wanted to go where they are still valued. It’s not the same thing. Likewise Tony wanted to rather go to CHA for a more dominant role. The only one player I know in recent memory who really wanted out was nephew (and weak ass LMA who couldn’t take the pressure). I think even Boban wanted to stay and Pop had to put sense into him to take the money.

My point, the Spurs are always there for their players and they appreciate it. This punk is butthurt about something. I suspect he knew the Spurs (BW) would not be offering him the max and was candid to him. I’m sure it’s BW who doesn’t see him as a franchise player to build around nor a leader to follow. I pointed before how much different with White feeling rejected after knowing he was traded. The guy wanted so much to stay. In retrospect, Spurs could have kept him for vet in the locker room, but then again that trade resulted to Wesley. Still back then I wander if PATFO knew they would soon be losing DJ and still traded Derrick, or not and they chose to build around DJ.
    you're wasting your time, debbie downer isn't interested in any other narrative that doesn't fit the spurs is a sinking ship theme.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At least Derrick white was never this toxic when he left us.

“the future” Murray, always thought he was a weird dude tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This emotional loser always made cryptic posts when the Spurs had to bench him. He was always a delusional overrated player. We’re gonna be so glad we aren’t paying his non 3 point shooting ass in years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just let him be butthurt. That's who he's always been, an over emotional dude. And btw that same personality trait contributed to him going from a attention seeking, instagram baller to a legitimate fringe all-star. I don't get why it bothers fans so much. If a more reserved guy like White or Lonnie had said it it'd be more alarming but DJ? Nah.

Y'all know I was never his biggest fan but there's no reason to go at him. He always loved being a Spur (wouldn't be saying this about the org if he was still on the team), kept his head down during the trade negotiations and let the Spurs get a decent haul. If he wants to get in his feeling after the fact let him.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He had a crazy upbringing it sounds like with his grandmother being the head of a local gang, supposedly. I'm ok with us trading him and getting a good return. He worked super hard while he was here. He says impulsively to feel like he has to defend himself. There's probably some psychological damage there. I expected things would go this way eventually. This played out about as well as one could expect given how he is wired and how he handles rejection, and how we sold high on him. And if he in some way causes drama with the Hawks, then well, "they bough the ticket, they deserve to crash."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just let him be butthurt. That's who he's always been, an over emotional dude. And btw that same personality trait contributed to him going from a attention seeking, instagram baller to a legitimate fringe all-star. I don't get why it bothers fans so much. If a more reserved guy like White or Lonnie had said it it'd be more alarming but DJ? Nah.

Y'all know I was never his biggest fan but there's no reason to go at him. He always loved being a Spur (wouldn't be saying this about the org if he was still on the team), kept his head down during the trade negotiations and let the Spurs get a decent haul. If he wants to get in his feeling after the fact let him.
    I appreciate DJM let the Spurs worked a good haul for him. But that was only because he was going to his desired favorable team. That mofo wasn’t doing the Spurs a favor. By the end of the day DJ is a selfish immature butthurt.

Funny I had the same sentiments before, but then I’d be crucified saying bad things about this “system player,” stat-padding, immature wannabe leader.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No more freebies from Taco Cabana for that cry baby. See how good the tacos are in Atlanta.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow! That’s really your benchmark? Bro, please put down the pipe!!
    I would say he needs to pick up a pipe.
    Help him relax.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He and Jackson were the only starters who weren’t a culture fit. OTOH The entire young roster from Johnson to Vassell to Primo and the 3 new guys could have been custom created by Wright in a lab. All Ego-less

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No more freebies from Taco Cabana for that cry baby. See how good the tacos are in Atlanta.
    What dish, or food is Atlanta known for?
    Wings?
    Cole slaw?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What dish, or food is Atlanta known for?
    Wings?
    Cole slaw?
    Strippers. But you can get arrested if you try to dine in. Catch 22

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My Georgia relatives bragged about pulled pork

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My Georgia relatives bragged about pulled pork
    I do love some good pulled pork.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I spoke about this and the effect he would’ve had on the locker room…..he needed to go. I wish him well
    Not sure if your user name stands for Atlanta? If so, I assume you live there? Would Murray do well there? Not sure what kind of temptations are around apart from strippers. I just wonder if all the distractions will affect his game in a negative way.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure if your user name stands for Atlanta? If so, I assume you live there? Would Murray do well there? Not sure what kind of temptations are around apart from strippers. I just wonder if all the distractions will affect his game in a negative way.
    Lol n u think living there qualifies him to look into djs mind n give u any sort of qualified answer as if he knows the man

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol n u think living there qualifies him to look into djs mind n give u any sort of qualified answer as if he knows the man
    I get that, but maybe an inquiry into the city and how it is, as cities are like living beings and effect the ones that live inside it's hive could be justified.
    How is life in Atlanta different than life in San Antonio...
    Alas, poor Yoric, that is the question.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Atlanta has so much stuff going on so it’s easy to get caught up in some stuff. You remember Bud got a DUI here as the head coach!!!! This place like some others will eat you alive ( Houston, Miami, LA ). So many layers to this stuff….

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    True.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the most telling fact that Atlanta can be a major distraction is this: most extremely affluent black people such as athletes, celebrities, etc. Usually have a second home there. Incredibly huge celebrity and nightlife scene.

It's had the "mecca" moniker in black culture since the 90's.

So when the hawks sucked no one wants to play there per SE but it has nothing to do with the city's desirability. It's the opposite of San Antonio from a young players perspective.

Imo it's the best place I've been to for seriously fine black women. Everywhere. Just everywhere. Alot are ratchet af but alot are super classy/top shelf.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for the insight guys. I was just asking about the city as I simply don't know much about Atlanta not living in the US. Sounds like a city I wouldn't mind checking out if I ever go to the US.

I think the most telling fact that Atlanta can be a major distraction is this: most extremely affluent black people such as athletes, celebrities, etc. Usually have a second home there. Incredibly huge celebrity and nightlife scene.

It's had the "mecca" moniker in black culture since the 90's.

So when the hawks sucked no one wants to play there per SE but it has nothing to do with the city's desirability. It's the opposite of San Antonio from a young players perspective.

Imo it's the best place I've been to for seriously fine black women. Everywhere. Just everywhere. Alot are ratchet af but alot are super classy/top shelf.
    It seems like such an interesting city. I heard about the nightlife, but didn't realize a lot of players, celebrities/affluent people like to live there. That is also very interesting to me that when the Hawks sucked, I do remember players not wanting to go/play there, but if the nightlife and socializing is that good from what you guys are saying, I wouldn't have thought they'd have any trouble at all getting players even when they did suck. I remember watching games when I was younger and they didn't even have much fans in the stadium. Why does LA, Miami, etc. draw players regardless of how bad the team is, but Atlanta doesn't?

I'm going to do a bit of googling as it seems like a super interesting city. Anyone know of any good movies or tv shows set in Atlanta that might give me a bit of glimpse into the city/lifestyle there?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I do love some good pulled pork.
    You want good pulled pork... Memphis is the place and I'm not that much of a fan of pork but that stuff there is excellent ! You can even get good pulled pork at the airport.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s so funny seeing the majority of the folks in here changing their views so strongly. Lmao.

Some folks on here seen this side of ole boy from the beginning of him getting drafted. It’s hilarious initially how people laughed at the thread starters premise of this thread. Lmao.

i am not saying DJ is a bad guy and the Spurs front office didn’t do anything wrong. What I am saying is he was overrated (a good player though) by a lot on this board and Spurs fandom and he always did what he is doing now on social media. Fans of this franchise just turned a blind eye because he played for our team. None of this is surprising if you actually pay attention and the Hawks fan base is going to be sadly disappointed that he doesn’t push them over the top like they think he will.

dude is a good (flawed) but far from great player and will most likely never make another all star team barring injuries.

Spurs fan in Las Vegas Drom John's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Best tacos I have ever had:
    Rreal Tacos, 100 6th St NE #110, Atlanta, GA 30308

We had already often eaten at Adrian Villarreal's earlier restaurant, and twice met him at cooking demonstrations at Peachtree Farmers Market, including tacos.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray was a culture fit. He bought in, didn't have any arrests or off-court issues. Had a major injury and put his head down and worked himself back into shape while still sitting on the sidelines and supporting his team. He was a leader in every sense of the word when he was here. He said/did all the right things.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray was a culture fit. He bought in, didn't have any arrests or off-court issues. Had a major injury and put his head down and worked himself back into shape while still sitting on the sidelines and supporting his team. He was a leader in every sense of the word when he was here. He said/did all the right things.
    Agreed...definitely a far cry from Nephew who torpedoed the organization and then went into hiding.

Murray has always been an impulsive young guy, for better or worse. He's passionate and outspoken...sometimes that came out in praise and building up the Spurs and his teammates, sometimes it came out as pouting and acting like he is being attacked. This is no different.

I just think it's funny how he says one thing in front of the TV cameras and goes out spouting the opposite on Twitter, but it is what it is.

Thread Information