Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yup, Pop has been garbage for the last 10 years....the only reason he was relevant post 2010 is that RC bailed his old ass out by drafting Kawhi.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2014 was Duncan, Manu, and Kawhi willing the team to a championship.

The old man was probably the 9th most important guy on the team that year

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Pop has not figured out what to do with Forbes after the 2nd half with Charlotte then indeed his ability to coach has ended.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Pop has not figured out what to do with Forbes after the 2nd half with Charlotte then indeed his ability to coach has ended.
    Bryn will still be in the SL come next game and he'll get his 25+ minutes for the rest of the season, more than Murray, Lonnie, White, Poetl...and anybody else worth a damn not named Demar or Lamarcus.

Then he'll get a nice, big fat extension come summer time as one last you from the old man to the team.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I heard that Pop was ready to quit after last season before the Holt kids begged him to stay. Is that true?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nope. He will start next game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bryn will still be in the SL come next game and he'll get his 25+ minutes for the rest of the season, more than Murray, Lonnie, White, Poetl...and anybody else worth a damn not named Demar or Lamarcus.

Then he'll get a nice, big fat extension come summer time as one last you from the old man to the team.
    Bryn has clearly slipped in Pop's esteem. I think Becky is finally forcing him to acknowledge the empirical reality. It may take awhile to accomplish a total breakthrough, but it is undeniable that he has benched Bryn in the last couple of games and equally undeniable that the results were very good. Could it be that the Old Asshole does some experimenting during the RRT that will surprise us - like starting somebody in Bryn's place...?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bryn has clearly slipped in Pop's esteem. I think Becky is finally forcing him to acknowledge the empirical reality. It may take awhile to accomplish a total breakthrough, but it is undeniable that he has benched Bryn in the last couple of games and equally undeniable that the results were very good. Could it be that the Old Asshole does some experimenting during the RRT that will surprise us - like starting somebody in Bryn's place...?
    There's only so much one woman can do before the tyrant just does what he wants unfortunately.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    but I have to admit Mugen is correct, it was like he had passed a death sentence oh his child.

Like he is Facing the Judgment of Solomon
    I missed Mugen's comment. Nor did I see any sideline shots at the moment of Bryn's benching.

I don't doubt it, though. But it does seem like he is beginning to see the light... however slowly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its hard to say; he's played 26 or fewer minutes in 9 of the past 11 games and more than 25 minutes in only one of the past 7 games.

He is playing fewer minutes but he's still starting...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's only so much one woman can do before the tyrant just does what he wants unfortunately.
    Yeah, I am not really expecting much more, but a fellow can hope - although I am not usually very hopeful when it comes to the Old Asshole.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I missed Mugen's comment. Nor did I see any sideline shots at the moment of Bryn's benching.

I don't doubt it, though. But it does seem like he is beginning to see the light... however slowly.
    Everybody on the squad was looking the happiest I've seen them all season when the run started...everybody except Bryn and Pop tbh......

You can just tell how frustrated the majority of the team is with Bryn getting all those minutes regardless of his performance...

He's legit the worst player on the roster and gets 3rd most minutes. I'd be livid at Pop.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Decent coaching tonight; going with Poeltl more, playing White and Murray together, barely any Forbes.

Still went down from 19 to the Hornets though...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its hard to say; he's played 26 or fewer minutes in 9 of the past 11 games and more than 25 minutes in only one of the past 7 games.

He is playing fewer minutes but he's still starting...

That's what I meant by taking awhile to accomplish a total breakthrough. But 2 factors give me a tiny bit of hope. Pop is playing Derrick and Dijon together (with excellent results), and he is also giving much more time to Lonnie. Maybe 3 factors: he has kind of dusted off Marco after a bit of a roller-coaster ride earlier in the season. So, he might... I say might be moving toward a guard rotation of Derrick, Dijon, Lonnie, Patty and Marco - relegating Bryn to 6th spot (or even trading him, hopefully.) By "moving" I mean in the glacial sense. You should bear in mind that glaciers also "move."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Everybody on the squad was looking the happiest I've seen them all season when the run started...everybody except Bryn and Pop tbh......

You can just tell how frustrated the majority of the team is with Bryn getting all those minutes regardless of his performance...

He's legit the worst player on the roster and gets 3rd most minutes. I'd be livid at Pop.

Yeah, they looked even happier than the coach-by-committee game. When you con devote 100% of your energy and attention to your own assignment and not have to be concerned about what the Traffic Cone is failing to do, everybody' effectiveness is multiplied - probably even Dumbmar's.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Decent coaching tonight; going with Poeltl more, playing White and Murray together, barely any Forbes.

I would give the Old Asshole a B - best grade of the season. (But I bet it was because Becky got in his ear.)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    article

Not defending Pop but that roster is

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just enjoy the ride guys. It’s his last year here. Raise a toast to one of the greatest coaches to ever do it
    Everyone should rejoice if true. But sadly I don’t think you’re right

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    article

Not defending Pop but that roster is
    Pop created and built that roster sooo...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Joey Wilkinson �� AssassinateHate
    ·
    8m
    The sample size is now 1,218mins on court and 1,116mins off court for Bryn Forbes. That is sizable. The Spurs have had the equivalent of the 28th ranked defense when he’s been on the floor, and the equivalent of the 6th ranked defense when he’s been benched.

Joey Wilkinson �� AssassinateHate
    ·
    13m
    Spurs had a +47 net rating when Lonnie and Jakob were on the court tonight. That seems good.

ace with the goods

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you know it makes me wonder if Pop really did think he could turn Forbes into another Steph Curry

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Cant be said enough though. the Spurs went from being down 17 to up 21 with 2mins left in game when Pop prioritized defense first by subbing in Dwhite and Jacob in the 3rd. Benching Bryn for that period was the biggest factor.

Will pop go with this change for the rest of the season as in Bryn off the bench? Doubt it, all you can hope for is Bryn getting iced in the 2nd halves of games like this one.
    Last edited by Slippy; 02-02-2020 at 01:31 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you know it makes me wonder if Pop really did think he could turn Forbes into another Steph Curry
    He thought it was smart to sub out Duncan, a top 10 player of all time, on the most important play of the ‘13 finals. So yes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    let's hope the old man has finally had enough of Bryn Forbes. Forbes has been bricking shots every game. He's shooting the 3 worse than White, Walker and only 1% better than Murray. There's no reason to play him at all. It says a lot when you see Marco Belinelli out there and realize he's way better than Forbes in every facet of the game while being almost out of the league himself. I don't expect things to change but one can hope. That's all we got left

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One thing that can give us hope is that Pop loves defense and a half of giving up 27 points might make him realize who his best defenders are. I mean it was clear before the season started, just not to him. Pop is slow

Thread Information