Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    New mocks have him going 13 to “The San Antonio Spurs”
    I was so bummed to find out Michigan's basketball had been postponed due to COVID. They haven't played for about a week now. Was looking forward to watching Franz play.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs get Huff in the 2nd rd that would be fantastic! Teams would be scared of by his age, but he's plug and play off your bench no question. Good wingspan, rebounds, good roller for lobs, but can hit from 17 feet to 3pt range if you leave him open. Finishes around the rim, will dunk on your head and good shot blocker and contest. He's not the most athletic, but he works hard for everything. He's also a good passer from the high post to shooters or getting the ball movement started with the hockey assist. Nightmare is Lakers draft him at 29 or 30 as Gasol replacement.
    Nice find he is everything I had hoped Poodle would be sad to say but I think that Ship has sailed. In all honesty the only thing Poodle does better then this kid is set screens other then that Huff has the edge ex specially on the offensive side of the ball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    New mocks have him going 13 to “The San Antonio Spurs”
    Another mock:

1. 14. San Antonio Spurs: Franz Wagner (Michigan, SF, Sop re)
      Wagner possesses an appealing mix of versatility even if he's lacking a signature skill. He's the same age as many freshmen (20 in August), and his potential to shoot, pass and defend multiple positions at 6'9" hints at an easy NBA fit.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ering-february

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When I first looked at him at second round I didn’t even catch his age I think that is definitely helping out his stock rise and also his good play. Lol. So when you put it all together his age, current play, ability to play offense and defense and potential it is not out of the realm of possibility that he would be our draft pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When I first looked at him at second round I didn’t even catch his age I think that is definitely helping out his stock rise and also his good play. Lol. So when you put it all together his age, current play, ability to play offense and defense and potential it is not out of the realm of possibility that he would be our draft pick.

Don't forget to add the fact that he fits a need to your list. We have two-way types at every position but PF (except Keldon) and C.

Franz will be the same age (19.80) as when Devin & Keldon were drafted by the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs get Huff in the 2nd rd that would be fantastic! Teams would be scared of by his age, but he's plug and play off your bench no question. Good wingspan, rebounds, good roller for lobs, but can hit from 17 feet to 3pt range if you leave him open. Finishes around the rim, will dunk on your head and good shot blocker and contest. He's not the most athletic, but he works hard for everything. He's also a good passer from the high post to shooters or getting the ball movement started with the hockey assist. Nightmare is Lakers draft him at 29 or 30 as Gasol replacement.
    Watching some of his highlights, he has legitimate 3pt range.....he would probably be a 35-42% shooter from that range.....

I like his toughness. I like that he plays as if no one takes him seriously, and he has to prove them wrong.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wagner in the 1st and Huff in the 2nd. We add 2 quality, versatile bigs to go along with our plethora of wings.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Michigan's Feb. 11 game gets postponed, and their Feb. 14 might get postponed too. At this rate, his stock might tank because of the lack of games. Good for the Spurs if we keep afloat with wins.

I see other international prospects rising the board, namely Josh Giddey.

Another big wing type who is a playmaker, but likely not as good defensively as Wagner.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Giddey game is kinda similar to LaMelo Ball both have very good handles and excellent passers about the same measurements and both have concerns on defense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Great breakdown on Wagner's game:

https://zonahoops.com/2021/02/07/fra...outing-report/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs mention in the article:

"I’d even argue that the league should value these players more: Hayward and Paul George were both taken in the back half of the lottery, Kawhi fell to 15th, and we really shouldn’t have let San Antonio get their hands on Devin Vassell. My main point is that when you draft a young, genuinely impactful two-way wing on a positive developmental trajectory, you’re making an upside play.

With wings like Doug McDermott and Andre Roberson, you’re hoping that they develop into viable defensive or offensive players, but with someone who is already able to provide value on both ends, you’re hoping that they develop into something more.

I think at his offensive ceiling, Wagner can be a second-side creator capable of scoring from three-levels off the dribble on fairly high usage. To reach these heights, he’ll need to start taking more self-created threes, and ideally, his free throw rate will also take another jump. If he doesn’t reach this lofty outcome, we have a 6’9” wing with plus team-defense, passing, cutting, and likely shooting for his archetype: someone who can slide in seamlessly alongside any combination of guards and wings. Consider all these things, and Franz as a pick in the single digits starts to make sense."

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really like Wagner, I did not know him before the beggining of this thread.

Spurs needs a 4 Or 5 but a 3/4 could be good also.

Spurs love forever RobinsontoDuncan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have my eye on Ariel Hukporti. I have a feeling that kid will be an all star.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Great breakdown on Wagner's game:

https://zonahoops.com/2021/02/07/fra...outing-report/
    Let’s hope he isn’t Ethan Happ.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    , I'm already sold. I clicked on those clips and all I saw were high IQ plays on both sides of the floor. That translates, just watch Vassell. Great find Dejounte.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was so bummed to find out Michigan's basketball had been postponed due to COVID. They haven't played for about a week now. Was looking forward to watching Franz play.
    Shh, best thing that can happen to us is that they cancel the entire college season so that this guy stops raising.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Luka Garza 6-11 at 265 is the center for Iowa and is leading the nation in scoring at 25.5 ppg with 45% from three and 58% from two. He averaged 23 ppg last year and is doing this in the physical big 10. He is not flashy nor athletic but he can score. Would definitely be a solid 2nd round pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Franz will be on local TV today, boys. Their first game after a 2-3 week hiatus due to a COVID shut down. Wouldn't be surprised if he plays rusty.

CBS channel at 12PM CST

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Big fan of Wagner. I'm all for him getting drafted. But if we aren't in the lottery I fear he will be gone by the time the spurs draft.

I'd like to see the spurs take a gamble on herb jones in the 2nd round. He is a defensive gem, has playmaking abilities, is unselfish and has now added a three point shot.

With a little added strength he can guard 1 through 5.

He's a hard worker and gets better every year.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Big fan of Wagner. I'm all for him getting drafted. But if we aren't in the lottery I fear he will be gone by the time the spurs draft.

I'd like to see the spurs take a gamble on herb jones in the 2nd round. He is a defensive gem, has playmaking abilities, is unselfish and has now added a three point shot.

With a little added strength he can guard 1 through 5.

He's a hard worker and gets better every year.
    Yea, I think Wagner is out of our reach now..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yea, I think Wagner is out of our reach now..
    Wagner isn't really a stat stuffer and he lets his point guard be the point guard (another reason he would fit well with the Spurs) and he chooses his spots. That alone might fool stupid GMs to think he's not that effective.

Wagner so far in the 1H: suffocating defense, nice drive to the basket, and nice assist to an open man.
    Last edited by Dejounte; 02-14-2021 at 01:18 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wagner isn't really a stat stuffer and he lets his point guard be the point guard (another reason he would fit well with the Spurs) and he chooses his spots. That alone might fool stupid GMs to think he's not that effective.

Wagner so far in the 1H: suffocating defense, nice drive to the basket, and nice assist to an open man.
    Don't get me wrong, I think he's a perfect fit. I just don't expect him to fall into the low 20's.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't get me wrong, I think he's a perfect fit. I just don't expect him to fall into the low 20's.
    I agree. Hopefully a lot of other prospects shine during March Madness.

Franz with a clutch layup with 1 minute left in the game. His drives are almost unstoppable because of his size and technique. 14 points for the night, but his impact was all over the floor.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information