Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's really going to happen: resign the old s and get more "wily old vets" to make a run at the 10 seed for the play in.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To be clear, the Spurs can renounce DMDR and S&T him. The hold is for a team to use the Bird exception to re-sign a player that season only and doesn't affect anything else when it comes to tenure (as we should've learned when SA renounced Manu and then signed him to a huge deal the next year because they still had full Bird rights). Obviously that would limit how much money they could give DeMar to their available cap space, but they can still do both.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is this similar to the 12 steps program?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To be clear, the Spurs can renounce DMDR and S&T him. The hold is for a team to use the Bird exception to re-sign a player that season only and doesn't affect anything else when it comes to tenure (as we should've learned when SA renounced Manu and then signed him to a huge deal the next year because they still had full Bird rights). Obviously that would limit how much money they could give DeMar to their available cap space, but they can still do both.
    Right - I knew I was missing something

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Omg. OP wanted Poeltl for 5 mill per year and now is happy with 15-17 Mill for Markkanen? I don‘t get it. He can‘t do anything but shoot. Better resign Dieng or throw the money at Collins.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    John Hollinger reports that the only guy he is hearing about the Spurs - ..."Daniel Theis". Wow
    All that signals is that the rumors about Oubre, Markannen and even Collins (to leverage ATL), all came from their agents.

From the Spurs not a peep other than the trade efforts with Derozan that haven't gained traction anywhere and evaporated when Demar realized he's going to have to take a paycut to go to a playoff team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Step1-dont resign derozan
    step2- get something for derozan (assuming somebody actually offers him a decent contract)
    step3- dont resign derozan

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The reports on Collins are that he is going to take a 5/120. Maybe that's true, but it's stupid and bad work from his agent if true.

Why agree to 5/120 when you can leverage the Spurs at 4/120?

Anyways, the Hawks forum where that nbaSUPES guy posts had some other alleged insider last night saying that Collins was going to do due diligence and then the Hawks would match, which made supes have a fit and curse Collins for not agreeing to a cheaper deal. Pretty funny. Haven't checked today to see what other stuff is allegedly happening
    Because coach Pop tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hahaha post of the year.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still think poaching Batum makes sense than offering Oubre anything substantial.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My shock scenario would be paying Fournier something like 4/80 and play him at SF.
    This will not be shocking at all. Probably the plan since he torched team USA. This off season will be a win if we do very little if anything outside of taking a chance on JC. When we inevitably strike out on JC short term vet deals are my next best hope.

not exactly something that needs to be decided now but will be interesting to see if we go after another undersized guard and what that means for Walker’s future.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Similar, yeah. If the Spurs relapse and give Patty another fitty mil, it might be time for inpatient rehab, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Similar, yeah. If the Spurs relapse and give Patty another fitty mil, it might be time for inpatient rehab, tbh.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Resign Dieng.
    DDR and Gay walk.
    Haggle with Mills.
    Explore a European born player we aren't thinking of.

Based on character, that leads to resigning Mills and Dieng. It should lead to trading Dejounte, but I think there are allowances here and there for whatever the priorities are now, and so that isn't likely. But packaging DDR and Dejounte in a trade would be amazing to consider but of course not happening.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Weird duplicate. I blame society.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's really going to happen: resign the old s and get more "wily old vets" to make a run at the 10 seed for the play in.
    Followed by a mid season buyout “for the culture”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know if Derozz walks and signs somewhere else without us getting anything in return, this place will melt down. OP was correct in his write up (nicely done by the way and thanks for your site), it is ok for him to leave without us getting something traded to us.

Keep in mind, him leaving means we do get something, cap space. I would rather have cap space than bad contracts.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know if Derozz walks and signs somewhere else without us getting anything in return, this place will melt down. OP was correct in his write up (nicely done by the way and thanks for your site), it is ok for him to leave without us getting something traded to us.

Keep in mind, him leaving means we do get something, cap space. I would rather have cap space than bad contracts.
    Actually you are wrong. This place only melts down if the Spurs re-sign Derozan. I think people would be happy even if he walks for nothing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Dont care as lng as he is gone period. It is what it is at this point

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

People keep forgetting that we likely have to take back a sizeable contract to get assets in a S&T!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't get arbitrarily drawing the line at 28 and up being too old. Other than The Process, re-building teams like to have a few veterans to compliment their youth.

Unfortunately, Burks (Knicks), Porter Jr. (Nets) and Dieng (if Spurs don't outbid Suns, probably the latter) are out.

Collins, even if it's a lost cause, no reason to not put the Hawks feet to the fire. Many teams have poached the Spurs over the years, the least they could do is attempt to do it back; especially for a player who'd make sense.
    Last edited by TD 21; 08-02-2021 at 04:27 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    8 steps
    1. Tank
    2.Tank
    3. Tank

You get the picture - 2022 Chet number 1 draft pick.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    8 steps
    1. Tank
    2.Tank
    3. Tank

You get the picture - 2022 Chet number 1 draft pick.
    Without some luck, afraid they’ve drafted to well to get to the #1 pick next yeae

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    just get him the out of here already. give him some proactive on the way out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this list crashed and burned pretty quickly

Thread Information