My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    him, they love him in New England they said in this video, well we hate him everywhere else. BTW those dunks were weak, must have been some bums in the contest or they gave it to him just because he dunked the ball and how goofy he looked but still did it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good stuff man. We should def keep Bonner around for a couple more seasons. The guy reeks with potential!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That just goes to show you how athletic NBA players are, tbh. Bonner is a bottom tier athlete NBA-wise yet was probably the best athlete in all of New Hampshire growing up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That just goes to show you how athletic NBA players are, tbh. Bonner is a bottom tier athlete NBA-wise yet was probably the best athlete in all of New Hampshire growing up.
    LOL most of the guys in New Hampshire though are probably John Stockton type Timvp! Just think about it man, thats not exactly the mecca of bball lol.

Less is More
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the bonner we have is an old version as well
    those look like high school videos
    so he has 13? less years on him

i heard they love him in toronto
    should ship his ass off their

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not only that - it also shows how talented NBA players are in general. Bonner is considered one of the worst NBA players, but he was one of the best college players in the nation, and he was a legend of basketball in high school, winning three state championships.

It proves that everyone in the NBA is an amazing basketball player...some just relatively less so than others.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that last dunk wasn't too bad tbh

him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that last dunk wasn't too bad tbh

him
    Yeah it was cool, but just seeing him do this.....even though I'm sure he wouldn't be able to do that in game....it just pisses me off....I hope someone post that Ken Park gif again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL most of the guys in New Hampshire though are probably John Stockton type Timvp! Just think about it man, thats not exactly the mecca of bball lol.
    I can vouch for the state of Washington that Spokane bred athletes > New Hampshire athletes.

Makes you say hmmm... YoMamaIsCallin's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Exactly. And for every Matt Bonner, there are hundreds of players who want to have his job, and are playing pro somewhere, but aren't good enough. But if you saw them play against non pros you would think they are the best undiscovered gem ever.

Just to pick on Matt, although this story repeats itself with others, he was drafted 16th in the 2nd round. That is an immense accomplishment for a ball player. It means he was in the top 50 of all players coming out of college or other leagues that year. Think about it. Top 50 worldwide in that draft year. Wow. This is something I would wager that none of us has experienced in our chosen field.

Not only that, he stuck in the league and has signed multiple guaranteed contracts for millions of dollars. I don't know the stats, but most mid-2nd round draft picks probably don't get that far.

Just keeping it in perspective.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good stuff man. We should def keep Bonner around for a couple more seasons. The guy reeks with potential!
    Lmao

The 6th is coming... will_spurs's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Reminds me about a French TV program about soccer in which one segment was to pit a lower division player versus an international caliber player (think All-Star level). The lower player would issue a challenge, typically on one of his strengths versus one of the top guy's weaknesses. It was usually a bloodbath. Basically the top player's "weak spots" were still a lot stronger than the lower player's "strong spots". I remember once a player 2 tiers lower (fringe pro) issuing a challenge to one of the defenders on the French NT that he could dribble him. He had 10 attempts, and failed 10 times. He was really gutted at the end. That was basically in the same vein as Cowherd thinking he could score on Bowen...

I can only imagine what it would mean playing against guys as fast as Parker. I'm sure he would have scored an uncontested lay-up before most guys had turned around to fall back on D.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    smh

tv screen baseline bum sananspursfan21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he actually looks halfway athletic.......wait, did i just say that?

Soft Like Twinkie Filling Juggity's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah it was cool, but just seeing him do this.....even though I'm sure he wouldn't be able to do that in game....it just pisses me off....I hope someone post that Ken Park gif again.
    weird movie
    Last edited by Juggity; 11-04-2012 at 07:21 PM.

Bonner/Blair can't do dat capek's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not only that - it also shows how talented NBA players are in general. Bonner is considered one of the worst NBA players, but he was one of the best college players in the nation, and he was a legend of basketball in high school, winning three state championships.

It proves that everyone in the NBA is an amazing basketball player...some just relatively less so than others.
    Exactly! You could even take it one step forward and apply the same line of reasoning to college players. I went to this summer camp a could seasons as a kid, which would pull a lot of college students from the region to be counselors. Well, one summer there was this one guy that did all the basketball clinics. This 5'11 black dude who, with basketball in mind brought to mind Tim Hardaway on a smaller frame. Great guy. Over time I learned that he was playing ball at some little prep school whose name I didn't recognize. I had been watching this guy play ball for weeks, my youth might have influenced how impressed I was, kind of in awe, so in the innocence of youth (ie like a dumbass) I asked him why he didn't get a scholarship to one of the big schools in the area, UNC or Duke. This guy was way more patient with annoying kids asking inappropriate questions than I would have been at his age (or am now for that matter). I don't remember his exact words, but he said something along the lines of,"There are a lot of good ballers out there." Anyway, I was 14-15 at the time, and me any my camp friends would play pickup games with him and some of the other counselors. Tbh, he might not have stood out much in a decent pickup game. But for his relative youth (probably 19-20), the guy was a great baller, and he couldn't even get a scholarship to an actual university (let's assume his grades weren't atrocious).

tl;dr I think this kind of stuff is just more reason to be sick about Bonner's perenial disappearing act in the playoffs. Success has followed this guy around at every stage...except the NBA playoffs. So you know why Pop keeps him around. He's like somebody that bought into a bad real estate investment, and instead of selling out and cutting his losses, he's staying with it, banking on the hope that it will eventually pay off big. And he's not totally crazy...I think we'd all agree we'd have at least 1 more le if Bonner had ever ever managed to carry his 40% 3pt shooting into the playoffs. ugh, so much for the tl;dr, enough

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu said Bonner is the best 3 point shooter when wide open

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu said Bonner is the best 3 point shooter when wide open
    NBA playoffs. " Where wide open doesn't happen"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol good find man that's crazy didn't know Bonner was capable of winning even a middle school dunk contest.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    defense? = x
    3-pt? = no guts - x
    rebounds? - x

now, slam dunk? yes??
    for how long can we tolerate this guy to play for our favorite team ? I'm just so tired of waiting for that day when he can improve his game, you know (IF there's still a chance )

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    *sigh* Yeah the movie is very weird. The weirdness of the movie still upsets me. lol

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The day he finally steps up and shows up in the playoffs is the day Pop gets rid of him. lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    unleash the ginga ninja

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    After FTL, we have FMB

THat's it, its official now

FMB

Thread Information