Page 9 of 169 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast
    Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not when 1) you have a Republican administration McCain agreed with 91% of the time that was leaving the country in worse economic shape than every president since Herbert Hoover had left it in and 2) McCain had picked a bible thumping nutbag as his VP.

Its also revisionist history to pretend the 2008 era Clinton supporters weren’t being loud or annoying in their displeasure with Obama as the candidate. Joe le happy merchant Lieberman (it’s unfortunate his ancestors were able to survive the holocaust tbh) was jockeying to be McCain’s ing VP pick once Obama won the primary

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meet the people behind Shadow Inc., the tech company that botched the Iowa caucus

Here's what we know about who is connected to the glitchy caucus app,

and which campaigns have worked with them

https://www.salon.com/2020/02/04/meet-the-people-behind-shadow-inc-the-tech-company-that-botched-the-iowa-caucus/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Will Hunting booboo is a perfect example of those people losing their on twitter over conspiracy theories

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Not when 1) you have a Republican administration McCain agreed with 91% of the time that was leaving the country in worse economic shape than every president since Herbert Hoover had left it in and 2) McCain had picked a bible thumping nutbag as his VP.

Its also revisionist history to pretend the 2008 era Clinton supporters weren’t being loud or annoying in their displeasure with Obama as the candidate. Joe le happy merchant Lieberman (it’s unfortunate his ancestors were able to survive the holocaust tbh) was jockeying to be McCain’s ing VP pick once Obama won the primary
    Oh they absolutely were whiny sore losers, just saying 2008 Hillary to McCain is barely going center left to center right, while Bernie to Trump is an ideological chasm wider than Donna Brazile’s ass.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hence my complaint about it
    Electoral college at least makes sense on a national level. The super delegates and all this other stuff is just regional rigging.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Electoral college at least makes sense on a national level. The super delegates and all this other stuff is just regional rigging.
    they're the same stupid thing

national election gives electors based on states
    state caucus gives delegates based on precincts

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    they're the same stupid thing

national election gives electors based on states
    state caucus gives delegates based on precincts
    Not even close, Lite.

One is a Cons utional staple of the republic; the other is party rigging.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not even close, Lite.

One is a Cons utional staple of the republic; the other is party rigging.
    they both give regional delegates instead of a popular vote. your characterizations dont change that.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    they both give regional delegates instead of a popular vote. your characterizations dont change that.
    It's a real ing shame that illegal aliens aren't allowed to push you over the edge.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    not only deflects but exacerbates

bragging about how much richer he is than trump is such a tone-deaf maneuver
    That was my first thought too.

Maybe he forgot he's in a Democrat primary now.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    That was my first thought too.

Maybe he forgot he's in a Democrat primary now.
    His ego is so big where he can’t help it...mine would be too if I was a self made billionaire

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's a real ing shame that illegal aliens aren't allowed to push you over the edge.
    the context where the electoral college made sense was way back in the day before all states decided to allow their citizens to vote for president.

in the first ever presidential election, only 6 states allowed the people to vote. as the cons ution says, states individually decide how to allocate their electoral votes. other states just allowed their legislature to appoint the electors.

so yeah, in a wacky system where different states have different methods of allocating electors, the college somewhat makes sense (assuming we are not taking into consideration the inherent imbalance because of the senate).

but since the civil war, every single state has determined their electors by allowing a popular vote. now that there is that complete uniformity in the country, the original rationale behind the EC doesnt make sense anymore, from a practical perspective. sure, theoretically, tomorrow some states can change their laws going back to the old way and taking away the popular vote to decide electors (lol good luck getting that passed). barring that, the only reason to keep around the EC is to over the will of the majority on occasion

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the context where the electoral college made sense was way back in the day before all states decided to allow their citizens to vote for president.

in the first ever presidential election, only 6 states allowed the people to vote. as the cons ution says, states individually decide how to allocate their electoral votes. other states just allowed their legislature to appoint the electors.

so yeah, in a wacky system where different states have different methods of allocating electors, the college somewhat makes sense (assuming we are not taking into consideration the inherent imbalance because of the senate).

but since the civil war, every single state has determined their electors by allowing a popular vote. now that there is that complete uniformity in the country, the original rationale behind the EC doesnt make sense anymore, from a practical perspective. sure, theoretically, tomorrow some states can change their laws going back to the old way and taking away the popular vote to decide electors (lol good luck getting that passed). barring that, the only reason to keep around the EC is to over the will of the majority on occasion
    It was fine when the electors were reps (of the people), and it is fine that the people are now the electors.

I don't know what "complete uniformity" is supposed to mean, but there's all kind of "wacky" shenanigans. It would be nonsense to put elections so easily in the hands of cheaters with the "popular vote".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was fine when the electors were reps (of the people), and it is fine that the people are now the electors.

I don't know what "complete uniformity" is supposed to mean, but there's all kind of "wacky" shenanigans. It would be nonsense to put elections so easily in the hands of cheaters with the "popular vote".
    "complete uniformity" in that now every single state runs a popular vote, such that we effectively have a national popular vote. you no longer have different states using different methods to pick their electors

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "complete uniformity" in that now every single state runs a popular vote, such that we effectively have a national popular vote. you no longer have different states using different methods to pick their electors
    Of course the popular vote in states wins electors, Lite.

That's why they call it voting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of course the popular vote in states wins electors, Lite.

That's why they call it voting.
    that wasnt always the case though, which is why the EC had some value. like i said, it wasnt until the civil war that every state went to a popular vote to choose electors. in the first election only 6 states chose electors via popular vote

so of course, if you have a country where several states dont have popular votes, it doesnt make sense to scrap the EC... because you have people in all those states who didnt get the opportunity to vote

but that hasnt been the situation for over a century now. if popular vote has become the unanimous method of choosing electors, then it doesnt make sense to keep that middleman step which only serves the purpose of occasional ing over the will of the people

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that wasnt always the case though, which is why the EC had some value. like i said, it wasnt until the civil war that every state went to a popular vote to choose electors. in the first election only 6 states chose electors via popular vote

so of course, if you have a country where several states dont have popular votes, it doesnt make sense to scrap the EC... because you have people in all those states who didnt get the opportunity to vote

but that hasnt been the situation for over a century now. if popular vote has become the unanimous method of choosing electors, then it doesnt make sense to keep that middleman step which only serves the purpose of occasional ing over the will of the people
    It still has a sh** load of value. It preserves states rights and protects against votes being bought and sold like currency.

You're just too bitter to see it.

#WithHerForever

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It still has a sh** load of value. It preserves states rights and protects against votes being bought and sold like currency.

You're just too bitter to see it.

#WithHerForever
    what are these states rights you are referring to, and please explain this concept of votes being bought and sold, and how the EC prevents that?

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Been busy. Who won? What's the official word?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How so?

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hillary to McCain just shows you’re kind of a .

Bernie to Trump shows you’re a deeply flawed, unambiguously stupid sheep with no convictions or backbone (no offense to Nathan89)
    Nobody should take offense to your narrative tbh.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so when does the other 38% come in....are we gonna have to wait another 24 hours for it?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

That's cold

Thread Information