Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I say this is the perfect 3 spot guy Spurs need.
    Just f*** Houston they drafted him just to f*** the Spurs.

This is a little reminder : very interesting video.
    Basically they say Batum wanted to go to the spurs so bad and so the spurs.
    Batum's agent and the spurs were on an 110% agreement. He didn't send intentionally Batum's medical result (which was positive) to the Suns,the Nets, the Lakers and the Blazers who were very high on him to keep them in doubt.
    The Cleveland workout (last one before draft ) was arranged to hide the Spurs interest for him.
    But unfortunally all this CIA method failed closely and Batum was drafted 25 by the Rockets.
    The Spurs used the 26th pick for George Hill. (still I'm very happy with Hill but he isn't the guy the Spurs needed the most.)

link:http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xb6...n-nba-56_sport
    Last edited by ginobili fan; 01-31-2010 at 06:44 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like George Hill lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nothing against George Hill, because I love him as both a player and a Spur, but Batum was also my target for the Spurs and he should've been their first choice. There's no question they needed him more than Hill.

Somehow I wish the Spurs could've gotten both. There's no question that Houston and Portland screwed the Spurs, but still what they did wasn't illegal. I wish both franchises nothing but failure.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nothing against George Hill, because I love him as both a player and a Spur, but Batum was also my target for the Spurs and he should've been their first choice. There's no question they needed him more than Hill.

Somehow I wish the Spurs could've gotten both. There's no question that Houston and Portland screwed the Spurs, but still what they did wasn't illegal. I wish both franchises nothing but failure.
    Yeah really nothing against Hill.
    Do you think someday we could get Batum in a trade ?
    Blazers have so many young talent in 2-3 spot

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah really nothing against Hill.
    Do you think someday we could get Batum in a trade ?
    Blazers have so many young talent in 2-3 spot
    Highly doubtful. From some previous reports I've read, the Spurs have tried, but Pritchard and the Blazers have rebuffed, not only the Spurs overtures, but other teams as well.

Batum is the long, defensive-minded, SF the Spurs have coveted for a long, long time. And he's a fellow countryman of Parker. It's a damn shame this draft didn't go down.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Highly doubtful. From some previous reports I've read, the Spurs have tried, but Pritchard and the Blazers have rebuffed, not only the Spurs overtures, but other teams as well.

Batum is the long, defensive-minded, SF the Spurs have coveted for a long, long time. And he's a fellow countryman of Parker. It's a damn shame this draft didn't go down.
    I'm very happy and satisfied with Hill. I would not trade Hill for Batum... Hill plays outstanding D, gets rebounds and knows how to make his own shot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm very happy and satisfied with Hill. I would not trade Hill for Batum... Hill plays outstanding D, gets rebounds and knows how to make his own shot.
    No one said anything about trading Hill. In fact, this thread isn't even about that. We're just lamenting the fact that Batum was the preferred choice for what the Spurs needed at that time...and still need today.
    Last edited by SenorSpur; 01-31-2010 at 08:02 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    +1

Batum here? Ok. For Hill? No,thanks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Batum also plays outstanding D, gets rebounds, blocks shots, and knows how to make his own shot and finish strong.
    Believe me the guy is a very talented player, a potential all-star.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And if the Celtics got the first pick in 1997 they would have selected Tim Duncan.

Why are you mad about something that you can't control?
    Because the fact is Houston and Portland screwed us.
    Like seniorspur said it isn't illegal but they really ed us.
    The Rockets drafted Batum just because they didn't want the Spurs get stronger. Just stupid... and now they made Portland even more stronger with all their young talents.
    They lost one more spot to reach the playoffs simply...They thought they could rivalize the spurs as contenders look at them now with Yao Ming finished and battling for the 8th seed...
    This pushed the spurs to get the pussy Jefferson for 14 millions oh and we gave them Scola too just pathetic...

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    Batum would fit perfect on the spurs imo.. very defensive minded and knows his role.. great 3 point shooter, and can create his own shots quite nicely. If he goes to any other team in his career I would like to see him as a spur. The boys ceiling is so damn high and I can already see the development from last year in just the few games he's played since being back. Rudy and him are both something special. But you guys have blair also who was such a damn steal and has great potential also. Wish that dude the best I love his game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Batum would fit perfect on the spurs imo.. very defensive minded and knows his role.. great 3 point shooter, and can create his own shots quite nicely.

This is all the more reason why NOT being able to select this kid severely hurts the Spurs. Hasn't anyone noticed the decline in perimeter defense with this team? Ever since Bowen left the building, and even a year or two before that, the Spurs were beginning to slip in defending the perimeter. Now, the dam has broken and the rest of the NBA knows it.

Check the defensive stats and watch the games. Opposing players are blowing by Spurs defenders and getting to the rim with relative ease. When K-Mart goes off for 27 points, as he so easily did today, and when Aaron Affalo goes 6-6 from the perimeter, you know something is wrong defensively. The Spurs team defense is as bad as it's ever been at any time during the Pop era. They need better defenders on this team.

Obviously Batum was not going to solve all the Spurs problems. However, he would've been the perfect defensive compliment for the retiring Bowen and a better long-term answer at the SF position for this team. He could've been the "Derrick McKey"-type player that Pop, and many of us fans, have longed for.

GRANT HILL!
    My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Michael Jordan said last year after seeing batum play that he is gonna be the next pippen

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Michael Jordan said last year after seeing batum play that he is gonna be the next pippen
    WE LOST. I love Hill and he is a very good young player, but man he seriously could have been something this team needed or needs.

Houston screws us again, after they got Scola from us They owed us man

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes. The very same guy who drafted Kwame with the 1st overall pick, and Adam Morrison with the 3rd overall pick should be taken very seriously when evaluating talent.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes. The very same guy who drafted Kwame with the 1st overall pick, and Adam Morrison with the 3rd overall pick should be taken very seriously when evaluating talent.
    Yes, but he didn't draft Batum so his analysis of other players on other teams might be better than his own . He is already a good player, with a ton of room to grow. Brown never showed flashes and Morrison is just horrible.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know about MJ's comments nor do I need his endorsement to tell me what I've already seen. Batum is already a superb defensive player, has an improving stroke from 3-pt line, can get to the rim and plays well with others. He's going to a star for a long time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we draft Batum, Jacques Vaughn is playing heavy minutes every time Tony goes down, and is the primary backup. No ing thank you. Our backup PG play has been WAY worse than our wing play over the last 3-4 years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Batum is an awesome player but Hill is also damn good.

Spurs deserve a lot of props for what they have done in the past two drafts.
    They were right on the money with Batum and Hill as first options in 2008 and Blair with the 37th pick in 2009 is a great pick.

Aside of that, Hairston and De Colo are also quite good picks given how low they have been drafted.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    yea batum has also developed a nice touch while going to the rim these past few games sorta pippen like with the palming of the ball and guiding it away from defenders with a nice lay in.. but the main thing the blazers love about him is that while a rookie i dont think we had a better defender then him last year. and hes a excellent shot blocker from behind like lebron and tayshaun.. nothing rarely gets by the dude.

hill is still a great young prospect for you guys and has great potential along with blair.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Their problem has nothing to do with talent.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, batum would have been very nice. i do love george though.

BTW, Hows James Gist doing in europe? i know he hasnt done particularly well when coming over here for summer league and etc.. but i still feel like he might develop into something nice one day.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Batum would have been playing for the Toros right about now, because he would be behind an injured Finley in the rotation...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BTW, Hows James Gist doing in europe? i know he hasnt done particularly well when coming over here for summer league and etc.. but i still feel like he might develop into something nice one day.[/QUOTE]

I watched all the summer gms an he sucked an looked lost. Ian outplayed him an Ian can't see the court so what you think that says about Gist. I thought Haslip was gone be good listening you'll on ST. We see how he turned out. Lmao

Thread Information