Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1) Play Walker instead of Belli & Mills
    2) Don’t play Belli & Mills together. The guards should be DJ, White, Walker, Forbes, Derozan. Sprinkle Mills or Belli In very sparingly to keep them engaged with the team. Like 8-10 minutes tops for each in each game. But never together.
    3) Once DJ has things humming and Derrick has the 2nd unit clicking, then close the game out with both of them. I think Pop’s strategy right now is to have them both grow in their own environments. That way they can’t stunt each other. Otherwise it would be like Tony & Manu never playing together. Pop should just retire if/when White blossoms and he still won’t play them together

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1) Play Walker instead of Belli & Mills
    2) Don’t play Belli & Mills together. The guards should be DJ, White, Walker, Forbes, Derozan. Sprinkle Mills or Belli In very sparingly to keep them engaged with the team. Like 8-10 minutes tops for each in each game. But never together.
    3) Once DJ has things humming and Derrick has the 2nd unit clicking, then close the game out with both of them. I think Pop’s strategy right now is to have them both grow in their own environments. That way they can’t stunt each other. Otherwise it would be like Tony & Manu never playing together. Pop should just retire if/when White blossoms and he still won’t play them together
    Pop won’t do any of that which is why I’m really liking my prediction I made before the season began of us missing the playoffs and Pop retiring. Those 3 things are EXACTLY what I said would be our downfall this year. Honestly any other coach besides Pop would be doing exactly what you say but Pop is too stubborn to listen to stats and analytics. He just goes with his personal feelings.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop won’t do any of that which is why I’m really liking my prediction I made before the season began of us missing the playoffs and Pop retiring. Those 3 things are EXACTLY what I said would be our downfall this year. Honestly any other coach besides Pop would be doing exactly what you say but Pop is too stubborn to listen to stats and analytics. He just goes with his personal feelings.
    Well then ownership should begin phasing Pop out and letting Becky have more influence. Him not doing what’s best for the team & organization is selfish and harmful. It’s grounds for termination at any other company

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Get new sofa fit to specifications that Wombat can relax on during wine tasting sessions.

Check with Pao and Demar to see how mutual grape wine investment is going. Ask if they need any more funds.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DDR is a better ball-handler and facilitator than Murray, whose handles need a lot of work and still lacks a lot of playmaking skills.

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    reinforce shower curtain rods and research industrial strength slip knots; think of what’s going to happen after a loss instead of a win

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Any other coach" yeah the 90% of other coaches who havent won a damn thing?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DDR is a better ball-handler and facilitator than Murray, whose handles need a lot of work and still lacks a lot of playmaking skills.
    Are you effing serious? lol Every pass i seen DDR make was a turnover. Same as last year. Turnovers that would even make Manu blush.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Any other coach" yeah the 90% of other coaches who havent won a damn thing?
    We won 48 games last year and lost in the first round BECAUSE Pop paired Patty and Marco together. They had like a -120 on the court together for the series. Look it up. Idgaf about 1999, 2003, 2005, 2007, and 2014. We should’ve won against Denver last year and we didn’t bc Pop was outcoached by Mike freaking Malone

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We won 48 games last year and lost in the first round BECAUSE Pop paired Patty and Marco together. They had like a -120 on the court together for the series. Look it up. Idgaf about 1999, 2003, 2005, 2007, and 2014. We should’ve won against Denver last year and we didn’t bc Pop was outcoached by Mike freaking Malone
    To me, whether you lose in the finals or lose in the first round, its the same exact thing. Want to know why? I have seen teams lose in the finals and then lose in the first round the year after that. Vice versa ... I have also seen teams that lose early and make it to the WCF. You move on from your losses. And sometimes your losses are due to some dumb fouls and one missed shot. One missed shot from passing the 1st round team that you struggled with, then going against a team you match up better with in the next round. Performance in the playoffs should be taken with a grain of salt especially if the losses are close. Anyway, most teams grow and become different teams the following year. We shouldnt be short sighted about playoff performance.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As someone pointed out in another thread, DDR can be great for us if he finds his role with the team. He doesn't need to stat pad anymore because of the young guns we have and he could just pick his spots and lead the team. Of course, my ideal role for him is to come off the bench and wreak havoc against opposing teams' second units, but I don't think he would accept such a role.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop always sucked at making adjustments and line ups. He will never change. Mills and Belinelli will play together for about 20 min per game

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To me, whether you lose in the finals or lose in the first round, its the same exact thing. Want to know why? I have seen teams lose in the finals and then lose in the first round the year after that. Vice versa ... I have also seen teams that lose early and make it to the WCF. You move on from your losses. And sometimes your losses are due to some dumb fouls and one missed shot. One missed shot from passing the 1st round team that you struggled with, then going against a team you match up better with in the next round. Performance in the playoffs should be taken with a grain of salt especially if the losses are close. Anyway, most teams grow and become different teams the following year. We shouldnt be short sighted about playoff performance.
    I can agree with the concept, but if the coach shows no growth and shows that he didn’t learn anything from his mistakes, that is very troubling. Marco and Patty should never share the floor together. Ever. You’ve countered nothing about them not being a good pairing. You’ve countered nothing about Pop still playing them even though they are the worst net negative I’ve ever seen. I mean this is basic . It’s not rocket science like Pop likes to say. Patty can’t defend or hit shots. Marco can’t defend or hit shots. Pairing two people together who can’t defend or hit shots is stupid.

Tbh I’m not even sure what you’re arguing about. Are you saying that Patty and Marco are a good pairing? That they should be on the floor together? Bc if you feel otherwise then you agree with me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are you effing serious? lol Every pass i seen DDR make was a turnover. Same as last year. Turnovers that would even make Manu blush.
    He's a better ball-handler and facilitator than Murray by miles.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have a feeling Marco is about to get Dante Cunningham’ed and lose his minutes. I think’ll they’ll be absorbed by White, DDR, Mills.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop is just doing what he always does tbh. We have seen this many times. Right now Lonnie is the 11th or 12th man in the rotation. That means if Belinelli s up consistently or somebody gets injured Pop will play Walker. Then when Walker makes a mistake, Pop will go back to playing Belinelli and put Walker in the dog house. Then he will repeat this procedure until Walker proves to him that he deserves consistent minutes. By the end of the season Walker will be in the rotation and Belinelli will sit on the bench. He has done this plenty of times. Jonathon Simmons is one example. Poeltl is another one. Pop kept playing Gasol, then Poeltl had to fill in when Pau broke his foot and Pau became the 3rd string Center. No surprises here, this is how Pop operates

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's a better ball-handler and facilitator than Murray by miles.
    DDR might be a better ball handler, but he's not a good facilitator. He's a reluctant passer that's always looking for himself first.

Murray deserves as many reps as ball handler as possible

Thread Information