Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rasho- 22 minutes

Nazr- 2 minutes

Last time Nazr started against these guys (or against anyone for that matter) SA won. Since then, Rasho has started and Det has owned the boards. Now I am not saying the Spurs are losing just because of that, but I mean, come on Pop. Where the is Nazr. Rasho is too damn slow for the Pistons.

SA needs to go back to last years playoff starting lineup soon! Maybe by the All-Star break.

Nazr
    Tim
    Bowen
    Manu
    Parker

PLEASE!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    More importantly during the XMas game he was the best rebounder, this stinks.

Free Throw Coach Aggie Hoopsfan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rasho looked like ass on Christmas day too, Nazr coincidentally came in that day and was our leading rebounder.

Maybe one day Pop will figure out that in physical games you need Nazr in there. Rasho hates getting physical in the lane.

Ridding the world of Alien Scum...Relentlessly. Man In Black's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Get a clue, chances are with Nazr we'd be losing even worse. The black hole that is, won't be able to help you if his defense is bad.

This loss is moreso a result of inefficient offense from your MVP and a starting SG who gave you ZERO. Nazr ain't better than Rasho. While he may be more offensively minded, his defense sux. Reality!!!
    He is a decent enough player, but seriousy, how many times have you seen a teammate call him out for a missed assignment, screen, block out? The fact that I can say at least 4 times at this juncture is indicative of how bad.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Nazr's defense sucks so bad, how'd we win a ring? I could be wrong but I thought he started every game of the playoffs last year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nazr played horrible defense in the first half while Rasho got rebounds and was very effective, yet pop pulled him.

The love affair with Robert Horry needs to come to an end. He doesn't rebound, and he's not playing very well at all at the moment. And the insertion of Oberto was ridiculous. Pop needs to play his big men much better. At this point you might as well give Marks a ing shot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rasho's D certainly didn't make a shred of a difference tonight. I woulda went with Nazr, and even at his worst on D, he couldn't have been any less effective than Rasho.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nazr played horrible defense in the first half while Rasho got rebounds and was very effective, yet pop pulled him.

The love affair with Robert Horry needs to come to an end. He doesn't rebound, and he's not playing very well at all at the moment. And the insertion of Oberto was ridiculous. Pop needs to play his big men much better. At this point you might as well give Marks a ing shot.
    Nazr played 2 ing mintues. No way in can somebody assess someons play in 2 ing mintues.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

agree with Horry, but give Nazr a chance just like everyone else.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nazr played 2 ing mintues. No way in can somebody assess someons play in 2 ing mintues.
    that's right.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Horry isn't going to give you much when you ask him to go guard Ben Wallace.

That's about as ing stupid a coaching move as asking Horry to guard Shaq.

Oh wait, same coach...

Put Horry on Rasheed on the outside, Rasho on in the inside vs. Ben. Idiot matchup decisions by Pop tonight.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He played several possesions and was lost on each one. I wish I had game film to point it out to you, but he's completely lost on defense and that is the reason he sits!

Its pathetic that Rasho's slow unathletic ass is a better defender than Nazr. Nazr has all the tools but he can't put it together. The majority of defense in the paint is simply moving to the right spots at the right time and getting your hands up; especially when you're almost 7 feet tall. Nazr has severe problems with this and its been evident for his entire stint with the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Horry has never rebounded worth a damn. This game was won and lost on the glass.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nazr's not going to get playing time on this team. Whatever the reason, it's not happening. He is averaging less than 15 minutes a game and gets less than five minutes quite often. He's out of the rotation. Package him with Barry and get a player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nazr's not going to get playing time on this team. Whatever the reason, it's not happening. He is averaging less than 15 minutes a game and gets less than five minutes quite often. He's out of the rotation. Package him with Barry and get a player.
    How about package pop and put Nazr and Manu back in the starting lineup.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He played several possesions and was lost on each one. I wish I had game film to point it out to you, but he's completely lost on defense and that is the reason he sits!

Its pathetic that Rasho's slow unathletic ass is a better defender than Nazr. Nazr has all the tools but he can't put it together. The majority of defense in the paint is simply moving to the right spots at the right time and getting your hands up; especially when you're almost 7 feet tall. Nazr has severe problems with this and its been evident for his entire stint with the Spurs.
    He only played 2 mintues, by your logic, If anybody else ed up the first 2 mintues of the game he needs to be sat down.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The man only played 2 minutes because that is all the coaching staff needed to know to see if his contributions would be effective.

BE HONEST WITH YOURSELF.

A-Black hole. Once the pass goes into the block with Nazr, it ain't coming out. That means better options 1 to 3 ain't touching the ball.

B-You guys have seen him miss his assignments. Plenty of times. You just go ga-ga over that 1 power dunk.

C-You'd think that after 1/2 a season plus the playoffs, and the time to now, that IF he was a better choice, he'd be starting by now. C'mon...this ain't rocket science.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Simply put, this is not the same team that won the championship. I do not see the fire or the energy in this team. You can use all the excuses you want about Tim's foot and the team does not get serious until the playoffs; the fact of the matter is, Detroit came into San Antonio and put their foot on the Spur's collective necks. Now they (Detroit) have made the rest of the league believers, and I think they may have even made a few believers in San Antonio too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whatever the reason, it's not happening. He is averaging less than 15 minutes a game and gets less than five minutes quite often.
    I think they're trying to drive down market to keep him for cheap next year.

The man only played 2 minutes because that is all the coaching staff needed to know to see if his contributions would be effective.

BE HONEST WITH YOURSELF.
    Funny, the two minute stretch where the Spurs gave up 4 offensive rebounds in the fourth after cutting the lead to single digits was all on Rasho on the glass, yet he got to keep playing

keep asking questions George Gervin's Afro's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

hey manny i am not sure anything pop does will make our bigs play better..can marks be any worse than rasho ' i can miss many shots at the rim, nesterovich'

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I said be honest with yourself.

All the Pistons on the court just used their footspeed and long limbs to get those possesions. I note how you penalize Rasho but don't talk the same way about Tim or Rob. The Bigs played all below par. Rasho does what he does so I don't expect for him to suddenly blow up and score 20-10. If you do, then you don't really know your team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rasho freaking sucks.

Against bad teams he's decent. But out there against real NBA quality opponents -- I'd rather have Margo Diked or whatever her name is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nazr played horrible defense in the first half while Rasho got rebounds
    Rasho got rebounds??

He rebounded horribly tonight. If he got any, they were an accident.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Horry has never rebounded worth a damn. This game was won and lost on the glass.
    Bottomline.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nazr has gotten NO minutes this year. You cant say he sucks when he doesnt get enough time to play. Last time he got alot of minutes (2005 playoffs) he played good. Since then, his minutes have been few and far between. Not fair to him. Rasho gets all the minutes, yet has shown NOTHING. He does okay against okay teams, but gets killed against good teams. He is too soft and slow.

FREE NAZR!!

Thread Information