Page 60 of 134 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470110 ... LastLast
Results 1,476 to 1,500 of 3333
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is a real concern. It’s one of the first things that came to mind when they moved Murray.

What are exactly are we building?We got some nice development out of the last couple of drafts. Seems all for not when you punt the best of the bunch who wasn’t that old to begin with.
    It's going to be devastating, tbh. Team chemistry and team morale -- gone. We basically nephewed all the young players on the team.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Phoenix Suns are trading for Australian center Jock Landale from the Atlanta Hawks, sources tell @TheAthletic @Stadium. Landale averaged 4.9 points and 2.7 rebounds in 54 games for the Spurs last season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Phoenix Suns are trading for Australian center Jock Landale from the Atlanta Hawks, sources tell @TheAthletic @Stadium. Landale averaged 4.9 points and 2.7 rebounds in 54 games for the Spurs last season.
    Interesting…

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Young Jock headed to PHX.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good catch, my bad.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you're telling me the Hawks are getting an asset for Landale while we basically only included him to make the trade go through 1 day earlier?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you're telling me the Hawks are getting an asset for Landale while we basically only included him to make the trade go through 1 day earlier?
    I'm assuming so...I haven't seen what they are getting though..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wolves will be top 5 defense team in the regular season
    No they won’t, because both bigs will be dragged into PICK and rolls repeatedly, isolated on small sniper Guards, and get bombed with 3 pointers. Who cares if Gobert dunks on the other end. That’s only 2 points.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is a real concern. It’s one of the first things that came to mind when they moved Murray.

What are exactly are we building?We got some nice development out of the last couple of drafts. Seems all for not when you punt the best of the bunch who wasn’t that old to begin with.
    we got all the pieces just not the main one. A franchise player. So we are trying to find a franchise player to pair with all those young guys we have while also having future assets and cap space. Seems like the right strategy to me. Now if we get that guy in the next draft great. Rebuild basically over, even though we will suck for another 3 years probably. But if we don't, we could be in for a long ride

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s a wash. I think the Spurs would say including Jock allowed them to make the deal before July 1, and meant they probably didn’t have to eat more of Gallos deal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    somebody ask them if they also want to trade for Poeltl tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Correct, but it's still beneficial to finish last.

I get your point, but every draft has a tiers in it and by next year's, there might be a clear delineation between 5 and 6 for all we know.

Point is, I know they'll bring in a PG or combo guard and C presuming they trade Poeltl and don't get once back in the exchange, but we better be talking more Augustin/Campazzo than Sexton.
    There’s also clear #1, and everyone else is ed. There’s nothing else but guards at the top.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There’s also clear #1, and everyone else is ed. There’s nothing else but guards at the top.
    the Spurs love guards

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

ok no asset Seems that ever since Monty Williams is coaching the Suns they make smarter decisions. KD deal is about to go down soon

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's the perception, but it may not be true. Would you rather have Zion or Ja Morant? Zion was the clear #1...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Landale is the anti-Ayton.

Looks like a deliberate change (after the unfortunate collapse).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's the perception, but it may not be true. Would you rather have Zion or Ja Morant? Zion was the clear #1...
    Wembanyana doesn’t weigh 400 lbs, and he’s seen as more than a clear #1: a generational player. Zion was the clear #1, but there were red flags. His weight was always an issue, but people thought it might just shorten his career, not completely derail it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's going to be devastating, tbh. Team chemistry and team morale -- gone. We basically nephewed all the young players on the team.
    You may be right but not necessarily so.

"Nephewed" (as a verb) means leaving someone in worse shape to pursue your own ends.

The Spurs didn't do that and never have.

The players (young or old) likely know that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wembanyana doesn’t weigh 400 lbs, and he’s seen as more than a clear #1: a generational player. Zion was the clear #1, but there were red flags. His weight was always an issue, but people thought it might just shorten his career, not completely derail it.
    Definitely. Wembanyama's game also isn't predicated on explosive athleticism, and barring some unforeseen injury proclivity of which I have no knowledge of at this point, he looks every bit the part.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    we got all the pieces just not the main one. A franchise player. So we are trying to find a franchise player to pair with all those young guys we have while also having future assets and cap space. Seems like the right strategy to me. Now if we get that guy in the next draft great. Rebuild basically over, even though we will suck for another 3 years probably. But if we don't, we could be in for a long ride
    Based on what? At this writing only Johnson and Vassell have so much as established themselves as rotation players and none of Primo, Sochan, Branham or Wesley are can't miss prospects.

If they can get one top 3 player on a good - elite team out of that group, it should probably be considered a success.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bryn Forbes has now etched out a solid journeyman career getting paid to be the 8th/9th/10th man on playoff teams... this is the same guy that started 81 of 82 games for the Spurs in '19 and 62 of 63 in '20. Running that experiment for an entire season wasn't enough! They had to try it a second time too.
    The guy has earned $14.5M career BEFORE this current contract. Has enough to live a luxurious life and to experience things most can only dream about. Good for Bryn.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man, Jock bouncing around from Australia to San Antonio to Atlanta to Phoenix...

Obviously not a world-beater as far as talent is concerned, but probably not how he envisioned his road in the NBA to begin.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What?? It may have an impact to miss a key member of the roster, but I don't see how a move that was made to better position the team, the player being traded, and the development of young players, could be seen as devastating to chemistry and morale. The Spurs development of young players has always been a priority and that will only be reinforced this season, they have a great coaching staff and role models to turn to (including Manu)... Every rookie and Primo should be thrilled of the unforeseen opportunity that just opened up for them. There's a case to be made of 2 players suffering some impact: Keldon Johnson (mainly) and Vassell. But a nice extension to KJ should take care of that, and Vassell's increased role will keep him content. All in all, what happened here is much less traumatic that what happens every day in pretty much every other franchise.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What?? It may have an impact to miss a key member of the roster, but I don't see how a move that was made to better position the team, the player being traded, and the development of young players, could be seen as devastating to chemistry and morale. The Spurs development of young players has always been a priority and that will only be reinforced this season, they have a great coaching staff and role models to turn to (including Manu)... Every rookie and Primo should be thrilled of the unforeseen opportunity that just opened up for them. There's a case to be made of 2 players suffering some impact: Keldon Johnson (mainly) and Vassell. But a nice extension to KJ should take care of that, and Vassell's increased role will keep him content. All in all, what happened here is much less traumatic that what happens every day in pretty much every other franchise.
    The trade changes everything, bud. Everything about developing young players for the future of this franchise has gone out the window. Of course it affects team morale. Very, very badly.

Thread Information