Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It is going to get bad.

=====================================

The next question, then, is what Trump could actually do in his vindictive rage to punish an America which he may believe has consigned him to "loser" status. (Indeed, one-term presidents are usually regarded as failures — and Trump would be the first one-termer in 28 years). As political activist and former Green Party presidential candidate Ralph Nader wrote in August, Trump could pressure the Justice Department to issue bogus subpoenas in order to punish his critics and opponents, pull out of contracts with businesses and individuals who he feels wronged him, refuse to work with Biden's transition team in handing over power and (of course) "intensify the use of the Justice Department and his personal lawyers to challenge in every frivolous, obstructive way the results of the election in selected states, no matter what the margin of his defeat."

Trump could also pick winners and losers in terms of who receives federal help during the pandemic and recession, helping those who sided with him and exacting vengeance against those who did not. He could egg on his supporters into committing acts of violence or, at the very least, do everything in his power to make sure they do not accept the legitimacy of a Biden presidency. He could pressure the Federal Reserve to try to drive up interest rates and stop supporting the stock and corporate bond markets, actions that would tank the American economy (and which Trump would most likely attempt to blame on Biden).

Most ominous of all, a narcissist like Trump could simply refuse to leave office when his term ends on January 20, 2021. America has never had an in bent president flat-out defy the results of an election — John Adams, John Quincy Adams, Martin Van Buren, Grover Cleveland, Benjamin Harrison, William Taft, Herbert Hoover, Gerald Ford, Jimmy Carter and George H. W. Bush all overcame their disappointment and accepted that they had lost.

If Trump refuses to leave because of his narcissism, it will be unprecedented. It will be abnormal. And it will all have been very, very predictable.

https://www.salon.com/2020/10/28/tru...ity-disorders/

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    smh

i feel a bit sorry for you. You really do suck.

MAGA
    My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You work hard on your sock puppets.

I guess it makes up for not getting laid?

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    smh

i feel a bit sorry for you. You really do suck.
    Was just expressing the sentiment. You apparently need more practical help.

Here ya go, buddy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was just expressing the sentiment. You apparently need more practical help.

Here ya go, buddy.

more shrugs man.

I am merely offering some insight into how your hero will react.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trash, forever lost in his fantasy of his faultless, blameless, perfect self, will blame everybody outside of his sick family.

50M+ will STILL vote him another 4 years of destruction, death, fascism, degradation of the country.

For those who look, they will see the Repugs, exposed by Trash, as amoral, immoral, fascist, anti-democratic, lawless less, spineless bag s to BigDonor.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He will pardon dozens, like Epstein's pimp, but they will be pardon-less because they haven't been convicted, yet.

I expect Trash, with suggestions from Barr and the oligarchy, spew gawdawful, unimaginable EOs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It is going to get bad.

=====================================

The next question, then, is what Trump could actually do in his vindictive rage to punish an America which he may believe has consigned him to "loser" status. (Indeed, one-term presidents are usually regarded as failures — and Trump would be the first one-termer in 28 years). As political activist and former Green Party presidential candidate Ralph Nader wrote in August, Trump could pressure the Justice Department to issue bogus subpoenas in order to punish his critics and opponents, pull out of contracts with businesses and individuals who he feels wronged him, refuse to work with Biden's transition team in handing over power and (of course) "intensify the use of the Justice Department and his personal lawyers to challenge in every frivolous, obstructive way the results of the election in selected states, no matter what the margin of his defeat."

Trump could also pick winners and losers in terms of who receives federal help during the pandemic and recession, helping those who sided with him and exacting vengeance against those who did not. He could egg on his supporters into committing acts of violence or, at the very least, do everything in his power to make sure they do not accept the legitimacy of a Biden presidency. He could pressure the Federal Reserve to try to drive up interest rates and stop supporting the stock and corporate bond markets, actions that would tank the American economy (and which Trump would most likely attempt to blame on Biden).

Most ominous of all, a narcissist like Trump could simply refuse to leave office when his term ends on January 20, 2021. America has never had an in bent president flat-out defy the results of an election — John Adams, John Quincy Adams, Martin Van Buren, Grover Cleveland, Benjamin Harrison, William Taft, Herbert Hoover, Gerald Ford, Jimmy Carter and George H. W. Bush all overcame their disappointment and accepted that they had lost.

If Trump refuses to leave because of his narcissism, it will be unprecedented. It will be abnormal. And it will all have been very, very predictable.

https://www.salon.com/2020/10/28/tru...ity-disorders/
    Salon.com

Last edited by DMC; 11-01-2020 at 10:08 AM.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    says the guy who uses Psychology Today for molecular biology.
    Remember this nature versus nurture boy?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    salon.com

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dr. Bandy X. Lee, a psychiatrist who has taught at Yale
    The core of modern conservatism is dishonesty. and violence.

Sorry to on your implied ad hominem. Feel free to actually have a take and point out anything specific.

or... be a lazy . Easier for both of us that way.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Sorry to on your implied ad hominem. Feel free to actually have a take and point out anything specific.

or... be a lazy . Easier for both of us that way.
    Oh please. As an outsider I don’t care who wins this election but it’s not the conservatives who are violent. It’s the malcontents who’s whole belief system leans towards little to no personal responsibility. Most left leaners are peaceful but it’s not even an argument at this point that shops aren’t being bordered up solely in case of a Dem loss.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great thread, Jeff Sharlet glosses Trump as a religious figure.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    says the guy who uses Psychology Today for molecular biology.
    Remember this nature versus nurture boy?
    Says the inventor of PCR assays.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh please. As an outsider I don’t care who wins this election but it’s not the conservatives who are violent. It’s the malcontents who’s whole belief system leans towards little to no personal responsibility. Most left leaners are peaceful but it’s not even an argument at this point that shops aren’t being bordered up solely in case of a Dem loss.
    total bull .

Conservatives are backing Trash inciting violence.

the violence in the BLM demos was from rightwingnutjobs trying implicate BLM for suckers like you, and traveling across states line to shoot up demonstrators

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    total bull .

Conservatives are backing Trash inciting violence.

the violence in the BLM demos was from rightwingnutjobs trying implicate BLM for suckers like you, and traveling across states line to shoot up demonstrators
    So ‘Trump made me do it’ is the reason for all the burning, looting, violence and mayhem? outta here. Every time a black gets shot it’s not the right out there destroying their own neighborhood. Your heads firmly in the sand, my guy ��

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So ‘Trump made me do it’ is the reason for all the burning, looting, violence and mayhem? outta here. Every time a black gets shot it’s not the right out there destroying their own neighborhood. Your heads firmly in the sand, my guy ��
    bro, G F Y

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Far-Right Groups Are Behind Most U.S. Terrorist Attacks, Report Finds
    White supremacist groups have carried out a majority of “terrorist plots and attacks” this year, according to a report by a think tank, the Center for Strategic and International Studies.

Man charged with right-wing terror plot to kill immigration solicitor
    An Expert on Right-Wing Extremist Groups Warns ‘The Threat Is Escalating’
    Kathleen Belew has studied white supremacy and paramilitary groups for years. She is “not at all sure [Trump] could unring that bell.”
    TEEN GUILTY OF RIGHT-WING TERRORISM OFFENCES
    6 October 2020
    A 17-year-old boy from Rugby with extreme right views who offered to build weapons for individuals online has been found guilty of terrorism offences today (Friday).
    Coast Guard Lt. Christopher Hasson sentenced to 13 years in alleged terror plot
    Former lieutenant Christopher P. Hasson, 50, was indicted last year and pleaded guilty to firearms and drug charges. Authorities said he intended to embark on a murderous rampage targeting liberal politicians on Capitol Hill and prominent on-air hosts of cable news programs.
    Election Day becomes doomsday scenario for militia groups
    So far, the rhetoric has largely been inflammatory posturing, but the chatter that began over the summer has taken a darker turn in recent weeks.
    In America, far-right terrorist plots have outnumbered far-left ones in 2020
    This has been so in most years for the past quarter-century

https://www.economist.com/graphic-de...t-ones-in-2020
    Inside the Mind of the MAGA Bomber, the Trump Superfan Who Tried to Wreak Havoc on the Last National Election
    Cesar Sayoc turned his loyalty toward Donald Trump into a literal assault on the President’s Democratic enemies in 2018. His story is a cautionary tale about right-wing fanaticism.
    (edit-man so many it is easy to forget a few)
    Georgia 'white supremacist' girl, 17, who idolized mass murderer Dylann Roof plotted to butcher Black churchgoers
    Dylann Roof believed he'd be freed from prison after a race war, attorneys say in appeal
    Massacre at a Crowded Walmart in Texas Leaves 20 Dead
    Accused Killer Of California Cops Was Associated With Right-Wing 'Boogaloo Movement'
    Oklahoma-City-bombing
    Air Force sergeant accused of killing officers had symbols linked to "boogaloo" movement
    Don't "both sides" @ me. The core of modern conservatism is dishonesty. and violence.

One side is actively, provably more violent than the other.

You are brainwashed if you think that the balance of the violence will come from the left. the right-wing propaganda machine, and look for yourself.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Might want to re-think that.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tulsa_race_massacre

Vast majority of BLM protests and protestors were totally peaceful.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Says the inventor of PCR assays.

Trump will declare victory on election night, and will attempt to nullify as many votes as possible through court challenges, in an outright fascist power grab. He will decry any state that continues to count votes as being rigged.

He will hunker down at the whitehouse and will promote outright violence. The right-wing in this country will answer that call, when the left comes out to protest the power grab.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even the ING BARR FBI says the violence comes from "outside" agitators, anarchists, (as the English call them) hooligans, NOT from the actual demonstrators.

However, ING BARR has moved quickly to "federalize" anti-police-brutality demonstrators as seditionists, 20 years in prison.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    " During the BLM events, the

FBI said that there were “opportunists” and “anarchists”

who tried to take advantage of the protests and

cause violence.

BLM protesters ultimately
    began grabbing these agitators and taking them to police officers to arrest if they disturbed property."

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/11/the...-fence-report/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Trump will declare victory on election night, and will attempt to nullify as many votes as possible through court challenges, in an outright fascist power grab. He will decry any state that continues to count votes as being rigged.

He will hunker down at the whitehouse and will promote outright violence. The right-wing in this country will answer that call, when the left comes out to protest the power grab.
    Good to know. I will keep an eye out for that.

Thread Information