Page 34 of 76 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yeztk3cz

Apparently this works. Get the Kings to send a pick the Spurs way and we're done.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That reminds me of a dig against Bob Hill, saying that he should have won DPOY because nobody else could hold the Admiral under 20 points per game (ostensibly by limiting his playing time).

Am I remembering this right?
    Not too sure Seventy. It sounds plausible though.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Simmons makes a lot of money. Maybe include Young to help match salary in order to get that 1st round pick?
    Seriously? Isn't that what's on the previous 32 pages

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^I guess that "plan" is to lose a boatload of money and hope the Sixers lose enough games early in the season to force them to lower their trade demands.

We'll see how it works out for him.

Frankly, he's less of a distraction if he just doesn't show up. He'd be much more of a liability if he actually reports but just plays like or fakes an injury but pretends to stay involved (also known as "The Kawhi").

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^I guess that "plan" is to lose a boatload of money and hope the Sixers lose enough games early in the season to force them to lower their trade demands.

Frankly, he's less of a distraction if he just doesn't show up. He'd be much more of a liability if he actually reports but just plays like or fakes an injury but pretends to stay involved (also known as "The Kawhi").
    Except they'll have paid him half his salary by October 1st if they don't start lowering their trade demands to get something done soon. His plan is likely to force them to trade him in the next 9 days to get out of having to give him $16.3 million Friday after next. He really has the Sixers over a barrel. That would be pretty sweet for whatever team trades for him after October 1st if the Sixers have already paid half his salary.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Yeah if he play and hold onto the ball for 8 secs and not advance the floor or just allow the player that he is guarding to have an open shot, the 6ers would have to either play him not to play or trade him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Except they'll have paid him half his salary by October 1st if they don't start lowering their trade demands to get something done soon. His plan is likely to force them to trade him in the next 9 days to get out of having to give him $16.3 million Friday after next. He really has the Sixers over a barrel. That would be pretty sweet for whatever team trades for him after October 1st if the Sixers have already paid half his salary.
    Didn't realize that...I thought salary was spaced out over the season?

If that's not the case...I wonder how much the Sixers can fine him per game, and when does he start losing checks?

Obviously, I am no capologist.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Think it might be a team we haven’t heard about that eventually gives up the farm for Simmons.

Kings, Blazers, and Thunder are also probable though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Think it might be a team we haven’t heard about that eventually gives up the farm for Simmons.

tbh i'm surprised OKC doesnt appear overly interested because they have tons of assets they could trade for Simmons. Seems like they are more content with losing right now and stacking up guys with potential

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well there's an unreported small market team that is interested. So it can be okc

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

If that's not the case...I wonder how much the Sixers can fine him per game, and when does he start losing checks?

He negotiated an early lump sum. God does that look dumb for Philly now, guessing teams are going to stop doing this for anyone short of LeBron from now on. Windhorst was reporting it the other day. I wonder how they are even going to fine him when they can't withhold money from him for months.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    tbh i'm surprised OKC doesnt appear overly interested because they have tons of assets they could trade for Simmons. Seems like they are more content with losing right now and stacking up guys with potential
    They have tons of picks. They're not going to move SGA though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I don't see it. You give up the farm for Harden or Durant or someone like that. For Simmons and all the holes in his game combined with the Sixers having no leverage I expect Morey to get completely hosed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A severely flawed malcontent who was chided publicly by his coach and his franchise teammate in his last playoff game.

Yeah sure the teams are lining up for you Simmons

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Bobby Marks says 25% of the salary by October 1. Which is roughly $8.25 million, not as high as half, but still substantial.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bobby Marks says 25% of the salary by October 1. Which is roughly $8.25 million, not as high as half, but still substantial.
    Windhorst was reporting 50% on October 1st. Not sure who the more reliable source would be.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Windhorst was reporting 50% on October 1st. Not sure who the more reliable source would be.
    In this case - cap numbers etc, it should be Bobby Marks. Windhorst is capable of a lot of "horst ".

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They have a bunch of picks, but a third or fourth team would need to be involved to get Philly players to pair with Embiid. They’re not going to punt a year of prime Embiid.

And OKC isn’t trading SGA. I wouldn’t trade him straight up for Simmons.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Klutch is known for big Ballon payments in their contracts ...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Uh, Kings and Blazers are already in the mix.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Porzingas is worse than our offer. There would also be a fight for the ball between Ben and Luka. They’re both ball dominant.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMAO if Philly has to take broken down Porzingis and that contract.

Thread Information