Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    An unforgivably selfish decision by those pricks in the Bay. 'Light years ahead' my ass..

This arrogant franchise my have just prematurely ended the career of an All time great by shamelessly valuing their (hollow) rings over the health of a transcendent talent..

Spurs org was slandered non-stop despite letting a star player sit out a year because he was sore. Let's see if the Warriors get similar treatment.
    Last edited by spursistan; 06-11-2019 at 07:05 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All that for one damn game. 's one hot mess, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Kawhi drama started because the Spurs were trying to RUSH Leonard back and questioned his injury. This is exactly why he left. Tf are you talking about? This vindicates Leonard.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All that for one damn game. 's one hot mess, tbh.
    Not ruling him out weeks ago was absolute madness..They waited until they go down in a series and then proceeded to put subtle pressure on him to comeback and save the day (and his legacy)..

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Kawhi drama started because the Spurs were trying to RUSH Leonard back and questioned his injury. This is exactly why he left. Tf are you talking about? This vindicates Leonard.
    Pop was trying to shut him down for the season and then I remember Leonard's people going to ESPN and saying he'd be back in a couple of weeks. It was right before a nationally televised game against Golden State.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah when he came back so soon from injury I was like no way Pop does this and my thoughts went he is going to tear something. Hate any player getting that kind of injury I wonder if this is going to impact what teams he goes to?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    STFu they did no try to rush him back. What if he would just have let them declare him out for the season like they wanted? I get hating the foot office and the moves they make but blatantly lying and twisted things is different.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We’ll never really know the whole story. One side keeps all their dirty laundry to themself and the other side is a social hermit. We’ll never hear the actual truth about the Kwitter situation. I know the Spurs wouldn’t have sent him out if there wasn’t a 100% certainty that he was healthy, but ultimately it’s the players body and he did what was best for him. As for GS, someone ed up. Wether it was beta not being 100% truthful about his health or GS rolling the dice cause they we’re chip happy.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What a bunch of weak, spineless souls around here. That's how you are supposed to go down. Fighting ... not load managing.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What a bunch of weak, spineless souls around here. That's how you are supposed to go down. Fighting ... not load managing.
    Wentz staying on the field to clinch a TD drive in a key December game against the Rams (effectively to keep bye/home field) after tearing his ACL. The rest is history with Foles. Though an ACL is NOT an Achilles.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Might be just bad luck. The no-restriction on KD minutes was surprising, either he was 100% OK or the docs made a mistake (kind of SA with Kawhi, Danny and Pau).

Regardless, this maybe is costing the guy a lot of money. GS will still offer him the max, I guess, but others might look at history and realize that he will never be the same player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’ve never seen anyone return to Normal form or better following a torn Achilles, esp being 30 or older. This is just a bad situation for KD, GS and it has multiple ripple effects for free agency this year. If I’m a fan of these bottom teams with lots of money this summer, I’m cringing at the thought of maxing him out. I see him prob picking up his 30mil option with GS unless some moron comes and offers him the max. If they do bring a max offer, he should take it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would like to know what this means for Durant's free agency. Does he just opt in and rehab for the year. If not, who will offer him big money to rehab? Surely Lakers/Lebron says no to that. All these teams that went out of their way to make 1 or 2 max slots to offer Durant, do you think they'll tell their fans to wait another year until Durant is back?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol. Two Completely different situations. Makes a good storyline and makes others feel vindicated but to relate these two timetables and injuries is re ed. Second Kawhi announced he was 100% healthy right after playoffs. More than likely Spurs were right about Leonard's injury and it will need to be maintained for the rest of his career but if your getting paid to play then sit and blackball the organization on Manus last season and in real fears of missing the playoffs whatever the Spurs did Leonard sure as got his vengeance 2 fold.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm no Durant fan but damn.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’ve never seen anyone return to Normal form or better following a torn Achilles, esp being 30 or older. This is just a bad situation for KD, GS and it has multiple ripple effects for free agency this year. If I’m a fan of these bottom teams with lots of money this summer, I’m cringing at the thought of maxing him out. I see him prob picking up his 30mil option with GS unless some moron comes and offers him the max. If they do bring a max offer, he should take it.
    Aren't you a spurs fan? Rudy Gay just had the 2 best seasons of his career (by WP48), https://www.boxscoregeeks.com/players/150-rudy-gay , coming to SAS after tearing his achilles....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL, you can't be this stupid can you? The Spurs didn't try to rush Leonard back. It was the complete opposite dumbass.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    An unforgivably selfish decision by those pricks in the Bay. 'Light years ahead' my ass..

This arrogant franchise my have just prematurely ended the career of an All time great by shamelessly valuing their (hollow) rings over the health of a transcendent talent..

Spurs org was slandered non-stop despite letting a star player sit out a year because he was sore. Let's see if the Warriors get similar treatment.
    2000 game 78, TD (All Star MVP year) teared meniscus. Pop shut him down and lost in first round.
    2017 WCF, Pop didnīt play #2 knowing we would be completely destroyed.
    100% PATFO culture. Never risk players or reagravate injuries.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would like to know what this means for Durant's free agency. Does he just opt in and rehab for the year. If not, who will offer him big money to rehab? Surely Lakers/Lebron says no to that. All these teams that went out of their way to make 1 or 2 max slots to offer Durant, do you think they'll tell their fans to wait another year until Durant is back?
    Nah, they'll be lining up to pay KD to sit out a year. You can just about book it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL, you can't be this stupid can you? The Spurs didn't try to rush Leonard back. It was the complete opposite dumbass.
    exactly. in the end, the spurs FO never forced leonard to do anything and, because of that, leonard is playing this year. lol at blaming the organization that created load management (and was even fined and chastised for it by the previous dumb ass commissioner).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, the Kawhite knights ARE this stupid. They still believe their hero was injured. What a joke. They believe a degenerative condition is an injury. Idiots. They’re still holding on to the JFK magic bullet theory as justification for his check cashing. Repeated trauma to the quad? Who believes this horse ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not ruling him out weeks ago was absolute madness..They waited until they go down in a series and then proceeded to put subtle pressure on him to comeback and save the day (and his legacy)..
    How do you know GSW put pressure on Durant to play? Is proof of that do ented in some link somewhere? Is it possible GSW didn't apply any pressure, and the decision to play was wholly KD's because he wanted to help his teammates?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah, they'll be lining up to pay KD to sit out a year. You can just about book it.
    exactly. if anything, this actually gives leverage to those teams willing to offer the max despite his likely 'out for next year' status. i mean. the knicks have sucked for so long, what would one more year matter? and there may be other teams, like the lakers, with an aging lebron, who may just drop any dreams of durant and place all their chips on davis now. toronto, also benefits as they can argue to leonard that the east is their's for the taking next season and without durant playing for the warriors, another le run is a strong possibility.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How do you know GSW put pressure on Durant to play? Is proof of that do ented in some link somewhere? Is it possible GSW didn't apply any pressure, and the decision to play was wholly KD's because he wanted to help his teammates?
    I'm sorry, that's beyond millennials' comprehension.

Thread Information