Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey guys, this is my first post here on ST. I know we lost today, but I get on here, and all I read is "first round exit again", "this team sucks" and "we need a big badly"..etc. Idk, but I think if you read some other forums, you'll notice that people are usually a lot more optimistic about their teams. Why this whole vibe of negativity guys? I am not really upset about the loss. I actually want the spurs to tank a little bit to get the 3rd seed or so(to avoid bad playoff match ups). I understand that we need a big, but so do lots of other teams. The lakers have the best front court in the game, yet I don't think they are going anywhere this season. I am actually a lot more confident about our team. Just don't like to read this pessimism about the spurs, I mean, you see it on espn all the time already.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's because of Jefferson

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We've been spoiled by excellence from our favorite basketball team that has spanned for more than a decade. Are you really going to go as far as to ask such a stupid question?

Chillin' like a villain... TampaDude's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gloomy melancholy and negativity are prerequisites for being a Spurs fan these days.

Hey, what do you expect from fans of a team whose colors remind you of storm clouds?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We've been spoiled by excellence from our favorite basketball team that has spanned for more than a decade. Are you really going to go as far as to ask such a stupid question?
    ^ this

We remember the glory days...it's hard to accept they are probably over, and for a long, long time to come.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tanking does you no good when you have to face bigger and better defenders in the next round.

You cant just put a bandaid and hope it goes away. The problem is at the core, as they say.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We haven't won a le in almost 5 years...THAT is why we're negative.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am pretty sure that there isn't a team in the NBA that can expect to win the le every year.

Banned
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Cause they're fat.

Banned
    My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Proud winner that has steadily declined while holding onto aging players is always difficult to watch. The secondary problem is Spurs are still very well coached & highly intelligent/experienced so play well at home & thus finish high in the standings

Playoff time the lack of post play is a glaring problem. Finish high in the standings & you can win a 1st Round matchup vs Houston, Dallas or Nuggets but 2nd Round you are facing: Durant, Ibaka, Perkins/Kobe, Bynum & Gasol/Gay, Randolph, Gasol/ & Butler, Griffin, Jordan. Unless Duncan has another level he's been hiding for the past 2.5 seasons..... Spurs just can't matchup with those teams AT THE MOMENT

Off season: Spurs need to dump Jefferson & improve the post. Package Green or Leonard with Blair or Splitter. Bulls will once again face the same issue Spurs will....bench isn't as important in the Playoffs.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well I agree that the spurs are old. But so are a bunch of other teams. Nobody ever talks about how old the Mavs are. As for the bulls, I think they look great right now in terms of roster balance. What bother's me about the spurs isn't that they don't have some big name shot blocker, but that they only have 4 bigs right now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gloomy melancholy and negativity are prerequisites for being a Spurs fan these days.

Hey, what do you expect from fans of a team whose colors remind you of storm clouds?

Better than that gay ass South side Taco Cabana colors they used to have.

Still, so many fans started watching the Spurs after Duncan was drafted. They don't have the sense of dichotomy that the pre-Robinson fans have. We all know we aren't the Lakers. Anyone here could choose to become a fan of the most popular teams, some do, but the rest of us appreciate what we've gotten. Damn lucky we are. We few, we band of brothers. I just made that up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am pretty sure that there isn't a team in the NBA that can expect to win the le every year.
    The Lakers say hi.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just SpursTalk making the posts that SpursTalk is supposed to make. No surprises here.

Spurs win, and they are contending for the le.

Spurs lose, it's meltdown time. Blow it up and go for the lottery!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Better than that gay ass South side Taco Cabana colors they used to have.

Still, so many fans started watching the Spurs after Duncan was drafted. They don't have the sense of dichotomy that the pre-Robinson fans have. We all know we aren't the Lakers. Anyone here could choose to become a fan of the most popular teams, some do, but the rest of us appreciate what we've gotten. Damn lucky we are. We few, we band of brothers. I just made that up.
    It's we few, we happy few, we band of brothers.

http://poetry.about.com/library/week...espearewar.htm

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A wife is better than a basketball team... at least she's ing consistent!
    Amen, brother. Been with mine for over 20 years now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ this

We remember the glory days...it's hard to accept they are probably over, and for a long, long time to come.

Love the irony on display here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Love the irony on display here.
    What irony? The Spurs haven't been championship contenders since 2008.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A wife is better than a basketball team... at least she's ing consistent!
    LOL FOR SOME! True although I am not married.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh btw to the OP.. I follow a few other boards and one of them (Pacers digest) actually have a meltdown thread stickied to the front page for any kind of overreactions and doom and gloom posts. Must be alot worse over there to need that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What irony? The Spurs haven't been championship contenders since 2008.
    Appears to me you were agreeing with the OP, then you made a melancholy statement afterward. Seems kind of contradictory.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Appears to me you were agreeing with the OP, then you made a melancholy statement afterward. Seems kind of contradictory.
    Actually, I was being completely consistent.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey guys, this is my first post here on ST. I know we lost today, but I get on here, and all I read is "first round exit again", "this team sucks" and "we need a big badly"..etc. Idk, but I think if you read some other forums, you'll notice that people are usually a lot more optimistic about their teams. Why this whole vibe of negativity guys? I am not really upset about the loss. I actually want the spurs to tank a little bit to get the 3rd seed or so(to avoid bad playoff match ups). I understand that we need a big, but so do lots of other teams. The lakers have the best front court in the game, yet I don't think they are going anywhere this season. I am actually a lot more confident about our team. Just don't like to read this pessimism about the spurs, I mean, you see it on espn all the time already.
    After you see the same script for a couple of years it get's hard to not be pessimistic. The team doesn't even try to change the script. They do the same thing over and over.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not just that. The team isn't playing too its potential. That includes the FO too. Losing when you give it your best shot is one thing but not giving your best shot just stinks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Team defenitely seems to have lost its mojo after that blazers forfeit romp that all the resident boldname "experts" of ST claim was the right move by Pop.

Thread Information