Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you would choose a guy who was never best at anything over a guy who was best at something?,,,,,LMAO,,,,smart,,,Rodman,,,best rebounder 7 years in his career and 2 time defensive player of the year,,,Manu?,,,what was he best at? I think he got 1 6th man of the year award so he was a great bench player,,,,bwahahahahah.
    Jesus , what are you doing on a Spurs forum? It hurts the eyes reading someone so uneducated. Manu, beyond all his NBA accolades, was the best and top-dog player on a team who won an OLYMPIC GOLD MEDAL, against the US superpower no less. Rodman's stat-padding achievements could never compare to this, let alone Manu's subsequent NBA career. Ridiculous argument from top to bottom, the one you have. Cheers.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What did enjoy watching was DJ and Lamelo swarming double teams on defense. It was fun to see them playing D at all in the allstar game.
    There was one sequence where DJ was harassing Curry aggressively that I think Draymond said jokingly and seriously "DJ you can't go for the knees."

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rodman is like Stephen Jackson. You want him to be in your team and do the dirty work if you can control him. I love DRob and the reason how I got to be a Spurs fan (Manu is my all-time favorite though). But I don’t think DRob had it in him to control Rodman, like Timmy had in Jackson. Timmy would pull TP’s jersey, wouldn’t talk with Manu on his rookie year lest he proved himself. DRob? he embraced everybody being nice, but I doubt he would try to straighten Rodman, just chuckled on his antics instead.
    I don't think it has anything really to do with Drob. Rodman quit on Shaq also when he was with the Lakers. He did eventually quit on the Pistons when they still had Isiah, Joe Dumars, Bill Laimbeer who were all 3 guys that reigned him in. Rodman would have eventually quit on the bulls had MJ not retired. He was wavering by '98.

Only mistake I can recall Drob making from what I have heard is that he tried to convert Rodman to be a born again Christian. That was a dumb mistake by Drob. I think Drob has openly admitted he learned from that experience not to push his beliefs on other people.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't watch the game, so maybe this one was actually better than the previous few. Glad to hear that Murray and LaMelo played some defense. I would have enjoyed seeing that.

I don't think it has anything really to do with Drob. Rodman quit on Shaq also when he was with the Lakers. He did eventually quit on the Pistons when they still had Isiah, Joe Dumars, Bill Laimbeer who were all 3 guys that reigned him in. Rodman would have eventually quit on the bulls had MJ not retired. He was wavering by '98.

Only mistake I can recall Drob making from what I have heard is that he tried to convert Rodman to be a born again Christian. That was a dumb mistake by Drob. I think Drob has openly admitted he learned from that experience not to push his beliefs on other people.
    interesting. Seems like he could have flaked on the Bulls too.

I also do remember reading about D-Rob trying to convert Rodman, but I didn't know at the time if it was true. If it was, I think that is what caused him to lose Rodman's respect. He never should have tried to do that, but I guess he was young and was doing what he thought was right, still, shouldn't push you beliefs on other people.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Actually I like Manu and think he should be a 1st ballot HOFer,,,,ive posted that just recently on another thread but dont underestimate Rodman,,,,dude was a beast and definitely deserves to be 75. I know offense is sexy but he was arguablly the best defensive player in the league during his career. Heck, he won more rebounding les and more defensive player of the year awards in the 90's than David Robinson and The Admiral was awesome on defense.

So many people think that only scoring is impt, Rodman rules the rebounding by being a undersize PF of his time and he could guard Shaq at his prime single handedly. If that is not deserving of top 75 alot of people aren't. If he did not play punk with the Spurs and refuse to help defend the rockets, DRob would got his first NBA le before Timmy.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So many people think that only scoring is impt, Rodman rules the rebounding by being a undersize PF of his time and he could guard Shaq at his prime single handedly. If that is not deserving of top 75 alot of people aren't. If he did not play punk with the Spurs and refuse to help defend the rockets, DRob would got his first NBA le before Timmy.
    This gets exaggerated too much. Shaq averaged 27 points on 64 percent shooting against the bulls in the 96 playoffs.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This gets exaggerated too much. Shaq averaged 27 points on 64 percent shooting against the bulls in the 96 playoffs.
    Shaq has a normal game in Game 1 but has only 6 DR and 0OR with a total of 8%TRR, Game 2 he played out his skin. Game 3 he was down in the game and Game 4 his usage rate was down by more than 7%. Also guess what the Magic has the highest offensive game in the series when Shaq's usage rate is at the lowest.

Stop looking at only FG% and pts scores.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shaq has a normal game in Game 1 but has only 6 DR and 0OR with a total of 8%TRR, Game 2 he played out his skin. Game 3 he was down in the game and Game 4 his usage rate was down by more than 7%. Also guess what the Magic has the highest offensive game in the series when Shaq's usage rate is at the lowest.

Stop looking at only FG% and pts scores.
    Gibberish, and I follow advanced stats. He played out his skin? Wtf does that even MEAN?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gibberish, and I follow advanced stats. He played out his skin? Wtf does that even MEAN?
    As a non-native English speaker, I hold a tinfoil-hat level belief that posters here just make up random expressions and figures of speech just to see if anyone catches on that they're fake. I was about to google that one, lol, you spared me the trouble. I'm usually wrong though, I learned today what "rubberstamping" means (thanks Chinook!), but it always gets a laugh out of me seeing the variety of the English language.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Grant that i missed an of, but the phase play out of his skin is used commonly enough to be understood. Overall Shaq played under par in the series less game 2. When the magic moves away from Shaq as the focus of the offense, the team has the best offensive game of the series.

Thread Information