Page 20 of 40 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn't count on OKC too much. Presti seems allergic to acquiring the single most important skill in the NBA right now -- shooting.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    you all are finally on the same page as me.

congrats.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    You honestly believe you're smart? LMAO

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This sad pathetic life that gambit has that he’s had to bump his own thread 128 (!!!!) times while everyone else in this thread has posted in it 20 times or less. Go get help. Text 988 for the suicide hotline. You clearly need attention from strangers.
    Last edited by Dejounte; 07-29-2022 at 06:45 AM.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    This sad pathetic life that gambit has that he’s had to bump his own thread 128 (!!!!) times while everyone else in this thread has posted in it 20 times or less. Go get help. Text 988 for the suicide hotline. You clearly need attention from strangers.

i didn’t bump this thread 128 times. it’s called replying to people in the thread.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

i didn’t bump this thread 128 times. it’s called replying to people in the thread.
    …in the guise of bumping this thread

and it isn’t even true half of the time. You don’t have to look far to prove your dumbass wrong

no one touched this thread for three weeks. You had to dig it up. This is a sign you need help. Just admit you were picked on because you were/are a dweeb and are suffering from trauma. You’re craving for attention so bad on the internet, it’s really quite sad. Do you have any family? Have they abandoned you? There’s ways to reach out to people if you need to talk. This forum isn’t it.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    posts one picture

go repost everything you posted on the first two pages of this thread when you thought i would be wrong.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    …in the guise of bumping this thread

and it isn’t even true half of the time. You don’t have to look far to prove your dumbass wrong

no one touched this thread for three weeks. You had to dig it up. This is a sign you need help. Just admit you were picked on because you were/are a dweeb and are suffering from trauma. You’re craving for attention so bad on the internet, it’s really quite sad. Do you have any family? Have they abandoned you? There’s ways to reach out to people if you need to talk. This forum isn’t it.
    poor lonely child

needs attention from people online

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He ain't wrong tho. We do have the worst future in our own division as of **this moment**

Now it might and likely will change several times depending on health, development, and future draft picks, but your hostility towards gambit here seems misplaced.

And I don't really see the argument to the contrary at present. We have a worse trajectory over the next 5 years than NO, Memphis, Dallas, OKC, and yes, even Houston given their recent draft picks and still large amount of future picks.

Keeping it factual only, gambit nailed this, and did so a long time ago. Props, gambit. I'm now on board the we suck train, too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yea,gambit called it but anyone with actual sense could see this coming. Our big3 of vassell/keldon/poodle isn't enticing enough. And lol @zollins finally becoming something

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The point isn’t whether this dumbass was wrong or right, it’s his extreme desire to grab attention on this board by bumping a thread 120 times. There are old threads from a year ago when someone was right about some random fact but you don’t see those people constantly bumping that thread. If y’all don’t think that this is some unusual act, then I don’t know what to tell you. I mean, it’s unsurprising really, given the circlejerk about the Spurs being bad as if it’s something y’all are really proud of the Spurs for becoming. But props to you for making sure this mentally disabled child is getting some attention. Don’t want this dude to kill himself even after all that fact. He’s ing stupid but it’s not his fault. Life is precious.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    might as well keep this thread handy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As of right now: he‘s right

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The point isn’t whether this dumbass was wrong or right, it’s his extreme desire to grab attention on this board by bumping a thread 120 times. There are old threads from a year ago when someone was right about some random fact but you don’t see those people constantly bumping that thread. If y’all don’t think that this is some unusual act, then I don’t know what to tell you. I mean, it’s unsurprising really, given the circlejerk about the Spurs being bad as if it’s something y’all are really proud of the Spurs for becoming. But props to you for making sure this mentally disabled child is getting some attention. Don’t want this dude to kill himself even after all that fact. He’s ing stupid but it’s not his fault. Life is precious.

you pump your own tires every chance you get.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As of right now: he‘s right
    Yeah, he'd be right, if only for the fact that OP literally, explicitly states that this thread was never about the "right now", but about the "future future".

We're exactly on the same track as the Rockettes, they're a couple of tank-seasons ahead of us is all. Exactly what would predictably happen. The crux of the issue, and reason for the thread, was never that - but which team managed to make the most of their future. As long as none of these teams come even close to a WCF or better, let alone a playoff berth, it's as insignificant as the Kings getting another top-4 pick.

That is, unless OP decides to move the goalpost yet again, which isn't out of the question.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Yeah, he'd be right, if only for the fact that OP literally, explicitly states that this thread was never about the "right now", but about the "future future".

We're exactly on the same track as the Rockettes, they're a couple of tank-seasons ahead of us is all. Exactly what would predictably happen. The crux of the issue, and reason for the thread, was never that - but which team managed to make the most of their future. As long as none of these teams come even close to a WCF or better, let alone a playoff berth, it's as insignificant as the Kings getting another top-4 pick.

That is, unless OP decides to move the goalpost yet again, which isn't out of the question.
    i am right and i didn't move the goalpost.

i posted this pretty early in the thread:
    you're missing the point of this thread. spurs could end this season with the best record in the division and my point would still stand.

this thread is about the future, future. not weeks or months. spurs need to do what OKC did and move their vets. especially instead of letting them walk for nothing.

spurs move demar, la, rudy for the right assets and i take this thread back.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    .“i am right and i didn't move the goalpost. " you were obtuse. The idea that the spurs should tank sooner (trade LMAO and derozan) can't be tested because the spurs didn't. It just doesn't matter. You've admitted you support the tank. So not hypocrisy just being annoying.

If you want to be a real edge lord you argue for tanking in 2008 because 7 years between chips is too much,

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The problem is we will have a chance at a top 5 pick come March but will choose to win meaningless games and be back picking at 5-10. This is where we are going to be in perpetuity; till stubborn Pop retires and his successors are held accountable.

Call it what you want; tanking, rebuilding or having a fking strategy we can not build a winning team without an infusion of talent. Right now the strategy remains “we are better than other franchises” because of Tim Duncan and his legacy.

Vassell, Keldon, Sochan, Branham, Wesley blah blah. Not enough. Those guys will have importance if we can get a few players who have cornerstone potential.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The problem is we will have a chance at a top 5 pick come March but will choose to win meaningless games and be back picking at 5-10. This is where we are going to be in perpetuity; till stubborn Pop retires and his successors are held accountable.

Call it what you want; tanking, rebuilding or having a fking strategy we can not build a winning team without an infusion of talent. Right now the strategy remains “we are better than other franchises” because of Tim Duncan and his legacy.

Vassell, Keldon, Sochan, Branham, Wesley blah blah. Not enough. Those guys will have importance if we can get a few players who have cornerstone potential.
    Can you already decide if the team is capable of winning games or not? At first you say that they are not compe ive, but now it turns out that they can move up to the play-in.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can you already decide if the team is capable of winning games or not? At first you say that they are not compe ive, but now it turns out that they can move up to the play-in.
    They can potentially move to the play-in because other teams will throw the towel in similar to the Lakers and Blazers last year.

This is my biggest concern. Winning meaningless games while other franchises are winning the REAL GAME which is draft positioning.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They can potentially move to the play-in because other teams will throw the towel in similar to the Lakers and Blazers last year.

This is my biggest concern. Winning meaningless games while other franchises are winning the REAL GAME which is draft positioning.
    The good news, if you can call it that, is that I'm not sure we have the ability to even win meaningless games against other tanking teams. It's like when you play 1-on-1 with your 4 year old cousin in the driveway and try to let him win to boost his confidence... lil' homeboy still has to make shots, but can't even hit the rim.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The good news, if you can call it that, is that I'm not sure we have the ability to even win meaningless games against other tanking teams. It's like when you play 1-on-1 with your 4 year old cousin in the driveway and try to let him win to boost his confidence... lil' homeboy still has to make shots, but can't even hit the rim.
    Haha yeah but I still see this group gelling enough to hustle and run a system where they show compe iveness especially as teams play down to us.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We have the worst players. But for the moment, we have ownership that doesn’t do stupid , and given that we are in an “irrelevant” market, we are drafting character players, which I can’t totally fault, especially outside the top 5, though I’ve liked the way Memphis and Houston are drafting better than us.

Pop playing to win is tricky because he won’t be here for long, nor will many if these players, so really we should be focusing on asset management, and that’s getting better with recent trades, but they will never go Full Ainge.

We are definitely in a weird situation, not just historically, also how we plan to get out of this situation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We have the worst players. But for the moment, we have ownership that doesn’t do stupid , and given that we are in an “irrelevant” market, we are drafting character players, which I can’t totally fault, especially outside the top 5, though I’ve liked the way Memphis and Houston are drafting better than us.

Pop playing to win is tricky because he won’t be here for long, nor will many if these players, so really we should be focusing on asset management, and that’s getting better with recent trades, but they will never go Full Ainge.

We are definitely in a weird situation, not just historically, also how we plan to get out of this situation.
    Accountability. Once Pop is gone new ppl will have the opportunity to build their own legacies but they won’t have the comfort of Tim Duncan, David Robinson and to a lesser extent Tony/Manu.

Those shot callers are going learn real quick not everyone has, nor deserves the grace period PATFO has utilized/previously earned.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's the best "look, we tanking... this is the best for development" rotation?

Primo / Wesley
    Vassell / Branham
    Johnson / JRich
    Sochan / Roby
    Jak / Zollins

Suppose you could slide Tre into backup PG, Blake to SG and Bran to SF, but seems like too small of a lineup that way.

Thread Information