Page 206 of 237 FirstFirst ... 106156196202203204205206207208209210216 ... LastLast
Results 5,126 to 5,150 of 5906
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    so... watched Encanto.

probably one of the better disney movies thats come out in a while. couple of the more catchy songs in disney history imho.

plot underwhelmed in that the grandma got let off too easy considering she was basically the primary antagonist. good family movie tho, and for what it is, probably a solid 9/10
    oh wow. music was by lin manuel miranda ... figures

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Menace II Society (1993) - 7/10

This movie is intense as but it's a bit over the top. It's a classic hood drama film though if that's your thing.
    Felt like I was watching a caricature of young black males in that movie. Watched it a couple of weeks back and still felt the same. I think John Singleton did a way better job in Boyz N the Hood where Dough, Monster, Dooky, Lil Chris, and the rest of the crips in it seemed like authentic people. Menace II Society felt like it could have been written by Tucker Carlson to scare white people or something.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Felt like I was watching a caricature of young black males in that movie. Watched it a couple of weeks back and still felt the same. I think John Singleton did a way better job in Boyz N the Hood where Dough, Monster, Dooky, Lil Chris, and the rest of the crips in it seemed like authentic people. Menace II Society felt like it could have been written by Tucker Carlson to scare white people or something.
    BNTH was way better and still watchable. Although Cuba Gooding Jr. is cringey imo. He just seems fake to me.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    BNTH was way better and still watchable. Although Cuba Gooding Jr. is cringey imo. He just seems fake to me.
    SfS

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    USC Trojans
    Wind River - 8/10

Finally got around to seeing this one. Fantastic. I guess the Taylor Sheridan hype is real, although honestly everything Yellowstone-related looks super lame.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Menace II Society (1993) - 7/10

This movie is intense as but it's a bit over the top. It's a classic hood drama film though if that's your thing.
    Not a bad flick at all, however, "Don't be a Menace to Society while drinking your juice in the hood" pretty much ruined Menace to society for me. The Wayans are pure genius.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Colorado Buffaloes
    Nope- 7/10

Decent flick. I feel like Get Out was such a hit that the expectations for Jordan Peele will always be sky high.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    Name
    benefactor
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Prey

I enjoyed it. Slow lead in but that payoff is worth it. The girl who plays the lead is great.

8/10

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Prey

I enjoyed it. Slow lead in but that payoff is worth it. The girl who plays the lead is great.

8/10
    Yeah I liked it too. Her brother was also good.

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    prey - 5/10

much better than the previous dog of a film, but still id describe this as mehh. The dialogue was horrible. Id rather have them speak in the native language. Don't know why have the French speak in their language and then the Indians speak English. Some of the action scenes looked nice, but most of them are pretty forgettale. Some of the CGI also pretty bad, but thats ok, cause at least they didn't spend 200M like a Marvel movie... anyway, probably the 4th best predator movie.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Colorado Buffaloes
    Prey 8/10

Fire movie from start to finish. They were able to give us a great female lead without all of the pandering and girl power messages.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Nope- 7/10

Decent flick. I feel like Get Out was such a hit that the expectations for Jordan Peele will always be sky high.
    Went from a funny dude to a straight up Black Supremacist.

Btw the plot was nothing new and has been done a few times over now even in Black Mirror a bit in a somewhat different way. All that's different is the Black Supremacist angle against the White Devils!

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    lol grievance

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Colorado Buffaloes

Btw the plot was nothing new and has been done a few times over now even in Black Mirror a bit in a somewhat different way. All that's different is the Black Supremacist angle against the White Devils!
    Huh? Peele isn't even black, he's mixed race. How is he a black supremacist?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Prey

8/10
    8/10 if you just take this as a fun popcorn fight for survival movie.

If you start thinking too hard and nitpicking at a few special effects issues and moaning that you can't understand what the French are saying, yeah you might give it a 5/10

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers

Tell it, kori.

Testify!!!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    8/10 if you just take this as a fun popcorn fight for survival movie.

If you start thinking too hard and nitpicking at a few special effects issues and moaning that you can't understand what the French are saying, yeah you might give it a 5/10
    why not just judge every movie the same?

Also, why are people even giving this generic movie an 8? I really wanna know what the original Predator is then for you guys.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Colorado Buffaloes
    why not just judge every movie the same?

Also, why are people even giving this generic movie an 8? I really wanna know what the original Predator is then for you guys.
    8.5/10

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Erica the Criminal

https://www.imdb.com/ le/tt15255876/?ref_=nm_knf_i1

I'll check it.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Bullet Train

7/10

I thought it was a solid popcorn flick, not much to think about but the background story twists were fun.

-I wonder who has more fun with cameos, the fans or the actors

- I also couldn't help but wonder what the flick would be like if Tarantino directed it
    Last edited by Blake; 08-17-2022 at 10:45 AM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Colorado Buffaloes
    Day shift- 5/10

Action and fight scenes were dope but everything else sucked.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Threads - 8/10

Britain's 1984 answer to The Day After. Much lower budget but much more effective in that it covers more time after a nuclear attack, is based on government studies of those attacks and plans to handle them, and has a very close-cropped, semi-do entary style that really ratchets up tension and makes up for the effects that were impossible to show in such a program.

Free on Tubi.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    RRR - 6/10

A solid Indian action film. I am not really a big fan of Indian cinema (mostly cause of musical numbers in them), but i did enjoy this. Its actually close to a 7. It is 3h long and it does drag a little in the middle, but theres much more positives than negatives. There are like 5 music scenes in there and i guess they fit in pretty well, but idk, im just not a big fan of that in the middle of a scene. The cgi on the animals is also pretty mehh, while the other action scenes were shot very good. There's also no real physics in this movie, so you can see lots of impossible stuff, which kinda reminded me of the chinese cinema with all their rope flying stuff. Actors were all good. Now i noticed pretty clearaly that the movie was dubbed in post, especially with the british cast. I dont know if thats just the version of the film i saw or if its normal. Oh, and if you dont like the British Empire, i guess this movie is for you.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Nope. Meh. 6/10

Pacing was bad, and the lead character was basically a vegetable throughout the movie who didn't react to anything happening around him the way a normal human would. I don't know if Jordan Peele's gotten y but some of his worse instincts need to be reigned in before his next movie.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    The Man from Tai Chi

Solid 8/10

Thread Information