Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    tbh, Kawhi struggled with his shot all game, and thus it's no surprise the Spurs struggled to get the win...

This is stuff that happens to every player and every team, when your best player doesn't have a good night, the team suffers... I'm glad we were able to still eek out a win.
    He was 8/19..thats hardly considered struggling..they were already cruising to a nice win before the offense become putrid and Ny started to hit crazy shots in the last 7 minutes of the game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Giving up dunks late is struggling

unity in diversity
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i thought we were talking about spurs offense in crunch time, not the whole game.

kawhi was 1-3 in the 4th.

parker was 2-3 in the last 2 minutes.

but but but...offensive flow.

Drunk on the Riverwalk Matty2Cool's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was nice to see the Spurs get challenged tonight. They need more games like this to test their mettle and face adversity.
    Agreed. Just wish it was on the road against a potential contender. Still a good dub though

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was 8/19..thats hardly considered struggling..they were already cruising to a nice win before the offense become putrid and Ny started to hit crazy shots in the last 7 minutes of the game.
    For a guy that's shooting a crazy 52% for the season, a 42% shooting night is just an off night... nothing wrong with that, every player has up and downs.

As far as the closing moments, I agree the offense bogged down, and frankly didn't understand Pop not putting Manu back in earlier than the 3 min mark, or not even calling a single timeout, but I suppose he wanted to see that unit closing out the game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For a guy that's shooting a crazy 52% for the season, a 42% shooting night is just an off night... nothing wrong with that, every player has up and downs.

As far as the closing moments, I agree the offense bogged down, and frankly didn't understand Pop not putting Manu back in earlier than the 3 min mark, or not even calling a single timeout, but I suppose he wanted to see that unit closing out the game.

Manu and.Boris are essentially the catalyst of all motion related offense for the spurs and I mean ALL.

Kawhi commands double teams so hes got that going for him.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Giving up dunk late in game will not get u the ball
    On o
    So I take it you're a huge parker fan?
    Last edited by bic50; 01-09-2016 at 12:43 AM.

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm with the crew who thinks the answer to the late game offense is to put kawhi and LMa in pnr and postups. After the game boris mentioned that was the plan from the beginning, to play inside out. Reason why they don't do that now is because pop knows if he has to go that route Parker would have to sit due to spacing. Teams would just sag off Parker and dare him to shoot the three thus we would live and die by his ability to shoot it. Basically what we did to LeBron. Second reason is you would have to take out Duncan for the same reason. He's hasn't been hitting his mid range jumper effectively. Teams would sag off him also. So Patty and Green/ boris are in. Lastly i don't think pop is ready to hand the keys over, fully, to KL and LMA who havent the experience of the Big 3. Does he trust them? In this scenario only manu would be in to hold hands and lead. Pop is just going with the surer thing and more known. Maybe KL and LMA havent shown him enough for him to make such a drastic decision. I mean ParKer is his boy and still relatively young. When did pop start sitting Duncan?

Just some thoughts.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm with the crew who thinks the answer to the late game offense is to put kawhi and LMa in pnr and postups. After the game boris mentioned that was the plan from the beginning, to play inside out. Reason why they don't do that now is because pop knows if he has to go that route Parker would have to sit due to spacing. Teams would just sag off Parker and dare him to shoot the three thus we would live and die by his ability to shoot it. Basically what we did to LeBron. Second reason is you would have to take out Duncan for the same reason. He's hasn't been hitting his mid range jumper effectively. Teams would sag off him also. So Patty and Green/ boris are in. Lastly i don't think pop is ready to hand the keys over, fully, to KL and LMA who havent the experience of the Big 3. Does he trust them? In this scenario only manu would be in to hold hands and lead. Pop is just going with the surer thing and more known. Maybe KL and LMA havent shown him enough for him to make such a drastic decision. I mean ParKer is his boy and still relatively young. When did pop start sitting Duncan?

Just some thoughts.
    Been saying this all along. That's why I prefer Patty's spacing and he can play off the ball whenever so seamless. He also hustles on D. This team loves Patty's impact shown on full display during the playoffs.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop doesn't give the keys to Kawhi, but its his fault when he doesn't have enough experience and fails when you pick and chose when to put him on the spot cold. Pop is icing his best player.

Also been saying this. Kawhi is getting the most points but he isn't the true go to guy. It's more than a shot here and there in the fourth. You have to feed him and let him play make or shoot in the fourth.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The collective mind of ST is always half a year back. It's always funny when you know which side your on.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count

Because he's 39 and it's January.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because he's 39 and it's January.
    Well, yeah, what I meant is that Pop didn't seem too interested in going all out to win this game. Probably, as you said, because it's January, and I also think Pop isn't a fan of this 'streaks', like the home winning streak.

Sometimes you get the feeling he would like to just lose a game so that stuff is out of the way...

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To save Tony, hes using KL as a spacer. Only way he can play Tony. If he uses KL than he loses that spacer and would have to put patty in. It's sad to see KL so underutilized in the clutch, him being the second best player in the league and all just so Parker can play. But who knows how KL and LMa would handle it. This is just a theory but maybe Parker doesn't initiate the offense to kawhi in the post because he knows that would leave him an open three in the corner and if he doesn't make those it would accelerate his path to the bench. Maybe he makes them. Who knows. Maybe Parker...

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop is out thinking himself. He wants Kawhi to get offensive rebounds and play transition D since someone else would be taking the shot, but Kawhi is just a beast offensively and good passer off the double team. Trust the young legs Pop. He got you a ring doing it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Giving up dunks late is struggling

Unfortunately its its not the first time Kawhi has missed a defensive assignment. Cost us series last year and a game this year.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parker couldn't even beat a one legged man last playoff series.

Shot 0-15 to start the last game before the clippers series.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop had to shout and shout for Tony to take CP3oneleg off the dribble and he barely scored.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To save Tony, hes using KL as a spacer. Only way he can play Tony. If he uses KL than he loses that spacer and would have to put patty in. It's sad to see KL so underutilized in the clutch, him being the second best player in the league and all just so Parker can play. But who knows how KL and LMa would handle it. This is just a theory but maybe Parker doesn't initiate the offense to kawhi in the post because he knows that would leave him an open three in the corner and if he doesn't make those it would accelerate his path to the bench. Maybe he makes them. Who knows. Maybe Parker...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Leonard really ed up a play after a timeout in the second half and took a 2 point shot only a feet within the three point line ... will he try that in crunch time?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

hoops /thegreat

You know great , have you had a chance at getting "your crush?" You're a giant got here but I'm rooting for you. Grow a pair and do something.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    tbh, Kawhi struggled with his shot all game, and thus it's no surprise the Spurs struggled to get the win...

This is stuff that happens to every player and every team, when your best player doesn't have a good night, the team suffers... I'm glad we were able to still eek out a win.
    Leonard struggles against long defenders. Porzingis length bothered him every time he got to the paint.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My beef with tony in not really his offense but rather his defense. I would rather have Manu or Simmons on the court instead of Parker.

Spurs definitely have serious flaws come clutch time situations that can only be fixed by having to play more close games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It is so damn asinine to think that Parker could have deviated from any predetermined plays directed by Popovich himself in any ing way without getting his ass yanked from the game. Especially when he was defended one on one by Jose freaking Calderon in the first place, damn.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In crunch time, I want my best player (Leonard) to have the ball, while my second best player (LMA) setting the pick. A simple two man game on the one side of the court. But I agree with one poster here, our crunch time D was pathetic. Our O was fine. Parker came through except for that long brick.

Thread Information