My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Austin Daye goes bananas!!

Spurs fan in Las Vegas Drom John's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Worst 15th man for The Spurs, evar. Bateer was pulling double doubles on the regs, tbh. Daye only has two, and that other 22 point game against scrub teams.
    For combined seasons; played in the NBA/BAA; in the regular season; from 1946-47 to 2014-15; playing for the San Antonios Spurs (Tex/Dal); requiring Minutes Played >= 370; sorted by ascending Win Shares Per 48 Minutes.

-.060 Damon Stoudamire
    -.047 Chris Whitney
    -.029 Alfredrick Hughes
    -.025 Sleepy Floyd
    -.018 Jay Vincent
    -.007 Pete Meyers
    -.006 Greg Sutton
    -.003 Albert King
    .000 Carl Herrera
    .000 Shawn Higgins
    .004 Mike Evans
    .010 Michael Anderson
    .010 Sean Roth
    .011 Austin Daye

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For combined seasons; played in the NBA/BAA; in the regular season; from 1946-47 to 2014-15; playing for the San Antonios Spurs (Tex/Dal); requiring Minutes Played >= 370; sorted by ascending Win Shares Per 48 Minutes.

-.060 Damon Stoudamire
    -.047 Chris Whitney
    -.029 Alfredrick Hughes
    -.025 Sleepy Floyd
    -.018 Jay Vincent
    -.007 Pete Meyers
    -.006 Greg Sutton
    -.003 Albert King
    .000 Carl Herrera
    .000 Shawn Higgins
    .004 Mike Evans
    .010 Michael Anderson
    .010 Sean Roth
    .011 Austin Daye
    So, according to that stat, if you throw out all of the ones that were so bad they didn't even get enough minutes of playing time to qualify for the stat, there are...what 8 worse than him by that one metric. So, he's not the worst ever. And, he's not even the worst of the Tim era, which is what I was tongue-in-cheek making fun of...Exstatic's untimely quote just before ST's favorite (next to Ayers, maybe) scapegoat has a solid game. Bateer was one of our 15th men so bad he didn't even qualify for your stat because they really couldn't play him at all. Not in garbage time. Not even against lower caliber compe ion, and he was bounced from the team relatively quickly. But, Daye, according to the hyperbole, is even more useless than Bateer, who played in the TD era. Just having a little fun. But, thanks for the stat sort.

Also, I am surprised Daye even qualified for that stat, unless you used him as the cutoff after he just achieved that minute total last night. He had 114 last season, I believe.

Spurs fan in Las Vegas Drom John's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So, according to that stat, if you throw out all of the ones that were so bad they didn't even get enough minutes of playing time to qualify for the stat, there are...what 8 worse than him by that one metric. So, he's not the worst ever. And, he's not even the worst of the Tim era, which is what I was tongue-in-cheek making fun of...Exstatic's untimely quote just before ST's favorite (next to Ayers, maybe) scapegoat has a solid game. Bateer was one of our 15th men so bad he didn't even qualify for your stat because they really couldn't play him at all. Not in garbage time. Not even against lower caliber compe ion, and he was bounced from the team relatively quickly. But, Daye, according to the hyperbole, is even more useless than Bateer, who played in the TD era. Just having a little fun. But, thanks for the stat sort.

Also, I am surprised Daye even qualified for that stat, unless you used him as the cutoff after he just achieved that minute total last night. He had 114 last season, I believe.
    Daye's career minutes played with the Spurs was my choice for the cutoff, so 13 have worse WS per 48 minutes stats that played more minutes than Daye.
    That does not make Daye at .011 good.
    I don't want a .011 player unless he was a rookie learning the craft. I'd like the .011 to be 15th man instead of 13th man. Daye is ahead of 14th man Ayres mostly because of Leonard's injury, and ahead of 15th man Mills because of Mills' injury. Mills is solidly in the rotation. May Leonard put Daye in a coat and tie soon. So, I predict Daye will be 15th man by the end of the season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wonder if Pop was impressed enough by his last game to give him some minutes tonight? With Pop you can never tell which way he will jump.

The Most Sexy Troll on the Interwebs Hemotivo's Avatar
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Bye bye Daye

tangina ka, though FireMicoHalili's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No way Daye is leaving. As littlecoyotecoin will argue, he could have logged 25 points and 10 rebounds in 36 minutes tonight. Also he's not that terrible because Diaw had a worse +/- than he did.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No way Daye is leaving. As littlecoyotecoin will argue, he could have logged 25 points and 10 rebounds in 36 minutes tonight. Also he's not that terrible because Diaw had a worse +/- than he did.
    Exactly.

Glad your're not letting his ten minutes of play distract you from any real issues the team is dealing with.

tangina ka, though FireMicoHalili's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Exactly.

Glad your're not letting his ten minutes of play distract you from any real issues the team is dealing with.
    Am I supposed to gain something from worrying about any issues the Spurs have at the moment? I'm sure they'll figure it out and if they don't, not like anyone here can do anything about it. There is, however, some fun proving sanctimonious posters wrong. Thanks for playing mate, you've been made.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I officially take a on the altar of this church and on everyone who believed in him at any point of his Spurm career.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sorry to hear about your loss, littlecoyotecoin

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    RIP my condolences

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Time to burn this place to the ground.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He got a ring out of it... respect. Good luck wherever you go.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, sometimes I forget it. Austin Daye has a NBA ring, Adam Morrison style

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    RIP. At least he rang.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sucks for Austin Daye. He had his moments that he played well, but most of the time he wasn't really good. He seemed to really like it here, and the players seemed to really like him also. Hopefully if no one picks him up he winds up in Austin. Looking forward to seeing if this JaMychal Green is worth the hype if he plays at all these next ten days.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ceperez gone cry in da car

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Time to burn this place to the ground.
    hahaha

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SHUT
    IT
    DOWN!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    damn that sucks..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Got his ring before he left. There just wasn't a need for him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I saw this coming..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I officially take a on the altar of this church and on everyone who believed in him at any point of his Spurm career.

Thread Information