My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    But no one is doing that.

You're on this jihad for nothing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let's suppose arguendo that there's nothing untoward about Trump in the unsealed records or the current indictment of Epstein, but that it shows Acosta to be corrupt.

After the Miami Times Herald's expose, keeping Acosta on as Labor Sec'y is grossly incompetent. Should have come up during vetting, tbh.

Trump also seems to have overlooked Elliot Broidy's chequered past, one can see why TSA would be spooked by the emerging pattern of Trump's lenience toward pedos of his own social class and their enablers.

"Many of them on the younger side."

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll look for it when the search function is back on.
    Google does the job, fyi.

Feds planned to indict Epstein, but U.S. attorney retreated from child sex-abuse charges

In 2007, the U.S. attorney’s office seemed on track to charge Palm Beach billionaire Jeffrey Epstein in a sweeping indictment, accusing him of running a ring to pay underage girls for his sexual pleasure.
    But the office’s leader, Alex Acosta, retreated from what appeared to be a strong federal prosecution, bolstered with 40 female victims, and opted to let the state attorney charge Epstein in a streamlined pros ution case involving minors.
    The bruising negotiations between Acosta’s office and Epstein’s defense team ended with the U.S. attorney’s decision not to present the 53-page indictment to a federal grand jury.

Instead, Acosta signed off on a non-prosecution agreement that spared Epstein from five federal charges accusing him of an interstate commerce conspiracy to recruit girls from 13 to 17 years old for sex at his Palm Beach mansion. If he had been indicted and convicted by the feds, Epstein could have been sent to prison for the rest of his life.

Acosta’s dominant role in deciding Epstein’s fate is expected to be scrutinized at his upcoming Senate confirmation hearing as President Donald Trump’s nominee for secretary of labor.

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/loca...#storylink=cpy

Brilliant move by Trump as Epstein is already headed back to court. Dems will be forced to ask Acosta why he did what he did and who pressured him to do so.

Yes brilliant.

Acosta has already spoken that he was pressured by higher ups to do so, now he can name names. Wouldn't be surprised to see Acosta name the Clintons during the confirmation hearings.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    2007 "higher ups" include the Clintons.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Let's suppose arguendo that there's nothing untoward about Trump in the unsealed records or the current indictment of Epstein, but that it shows Acosta to be corrupt.
    The decisions were coming from much higher up than Acosta. The question now is from who and why.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The decisions were coming from much higher up than Acosta. The question now is from who and why.

Is there some reason you didn't post the Techno Fog post immediately following those two?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who in the Bush Administration do you think was ordering Acosta what to do?

It's not my impression that the FBI supervises US Attorneys, is it yours?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

What's the conspiracy here? Acosta is a victim? He clearly was the guy authorized to sign off on the deal (he did), and could've simply walked away from it/resigned.

Please explain your theory.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    What's the conspiracy here? Acosta is a victim? He clearly was the guy authorized to sign off on the deal (he did), and could've simply walked away from it/resigned.

Dude you remember how bad things were in Bill Clinton's fourth term. His DOJ was out of control.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I wonder how he'll explain why Barr's DOJ argued the plaintiffs are bootless even though Acosta's deal was found to have broken the law.

https://amp.miamiherald.com/news/sta....co/RLQURa9AYj

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean, I get that even if Acosta is just incompetent, it would reflect poorly on Trump just for picking such a guy to lead anything.

However, the list of incompetent public servants selected by presidents of every denomination is long and varied.

Kinda odd to see people going on the defensive about this. Poor judgement is not necessarily a crime.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean, I get that even if Acosta is just incompetent, it would reflect poorly on Trump just for picking such a guy to lead anything.
    It has been reported that Acosta was briefly considered as a replacement for Sessions as AG, but that the Epstein NDL was considered too big a risk for confirmation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

But lawyers for Epstein’s victims say Trump nonetheless may have useful information. Trump banned Epstein from his Mar-a-Lago Club in Palm Beach “because Epstein sexually assaulted an underage girl at the club,” Bradley Edwards, an attorney who represents three of the young women, said in court do ents.

Lawyers involved with the various Epstein cases said there is virtually no chance that the president will be required to testify in a matter in which both sides agree his involvement was tangential.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.8962ecfd5442

Fusion GPS tried to tie Trump to Clinton's pedophile pal Epstein as part of smear campaign

https://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2...tm_medium=push

https://www.do entcloud.org/do e...-excerpts.html
    that deposition confirms that epstein's brother only met trump once, and it as on a smaller plane. how could he possibly testify whether or not trump on any other occasion flew on that plane?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really doubt Trash knows who is being handed to him by the oligarchy, by Leonard Leo, etc.

He's just too ing stupid and ignorant to know these people who up America under his insane reign.

Apparently, Epstein has had life long list of high-up enablers, protectors of his criminal sex life, some of whom, I bet, are ed his young girls (and boys).

Conspiracy: Nothing to do with Acosta's incompetence. Acosta was rewarded the DoL job quid pro quo for letting (Trash's and others' buddy) Epstein off, keeping closed a Pandora's Box of co-criminals.
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 07-08-2019 at 07:32 AM.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Who in the Bush Administration do you think was ordering Acosta what to do?

It's not my impression that the FBI supervises US Attorneys, is it yours?
    If I knew who above Acosta at main justice was making the calls I wouldn’t be asking lol. It is clear though that someone above Acosta was pulling strings.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    If I knew who above Acosta at main justice was making the calls I wouldn’t be asking lol. It is clear though that someone above Acosta was pulling strings.

Since the result wasn't legal, of course we don't like the result.

Why does TSA think Hillary Clinton was calling the shots at the DOJ in 2007?

That's ing insane.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You don't know, you can't even venture a guess, but you know in your bones there's a conspiracy.

Cool story.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

that "news" network didn't even, you know, go to the library to do their own research?

It's the big building sticking out over the river. Can't miss it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    "I’ve known Jeff for fifteen years. Terrific guy. He’s a lot of fun to be with. It is even said that he likes beautiful women as much as I do, and many of them are on the younger side. No doubt about it – Jeffrey enjoys his social life."

--Donald J. Trump

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    You don't know, you can't even venture a guess, but you know in your bones there's a conspiracy.

Cool story.
    Did Epstein get a sweetheart deal? yes or no.

If your answer is yes than you too think there is a conspiracy.

Cool story, I know.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Did Epstein get a sweetheart deal? yes or no.

If your answer is yes than you too think there is a conspiracy.

Cool story, I know.
    Yeah, but how do the Clinton's control the Bush DOJ in your conspiracy theory?

Thread Information