Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Banned
    My Team
    Miami Heat
    Post Count
    time to get paiddddd

max $$$$$$$$$$$$

gasol has that franchise by the nuts, he knows they will pay the max possible

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Wow I looked at his stats for the year and damn 17PPG 12RPG 4AST 1.5BLK FG57% and 90% from the FT line. What the ?

DEEP in the Q
    My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Got the MVP locked up longer than Kobe.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Gasol's last 4 games = 78 rebounds. Good extension. Make the guy feel at home.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Got the MVP locked up longer than Kobe.
    That's because Kobe himself hasn't resigned yet. He's been offered the Max.

Anyways, very happy that our core is locked in for these next few seasons. It'll just be a matter of surrounding them with the right complimentary players.

......................... mystargtr34's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Smart move by Kupchak and West.

Tankin'
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    He deserves it. Still one of the most under appreciated players in the league and he has been absolutely ballin so far this season.

Great Length
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    3 years 64 million is quite a bit for Pau. I guess the Lakers would rather give him more money for short years then get stuck having to give him like a six year deal if they wait. It's pretty clear 13/14 is going to be the last year for this Laker team. Kobe will probably then retire and all the other guys contracts will be done by then expect Bynum might still be around if continues to develop.

Banned
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Barring any compromising injuries, or, extended stays in the old lady's woodshed I'd expect Bryant to play on into his early 40's.

Great Length
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Barring any compromising injuries, or, extended stays in the old lady's woodshed I'd expect Bryant to play on into his early 40's.
    He may but the Lakers won't be le contenders after the 13/14 season. Kobe will have so many miles on him at that point and most the supporting case will be old too.

Banned
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I was talkin' out my ass, K. I'm drunk with all the wins tonite. I'm deliriously happy.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    the hataz cant bring me down 2nite. not with news like this...............

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, .

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    can you change your sig pic to Jack Nicolson or something.

NB:lol Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_ Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Lu ck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fa kers_ 21_Blessings's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    He may but the Lakers won't be le contenders after the 13/14 season. Kobe will have so many miles on him at that point and most the supporting case will be old too.
    You don't know that and considering the Lakers history it becomes a pretty silly statement.

Bynum will be entering his prime. Kobe at 36 is still an easy 21 ppg with his post game.

Lakers could easily end up moving Lamar's contract for a decent player. Sign another Ron Artest caliber guy for the MLE or punk another team with a Ariza like trade.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Damn that is ugly...what the was Odom thinking?

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    No risk of him bolting to pair up with LBJ...

Great Length
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    You don't know that and considering the Lakers history it becomes a pretty silly statement.

Bynum will be entering his prime. Kobe at 36 is still an easy 21 ppg with his post game.

Lakers could easily end up moving Lamar's contract for a decent player. Sign another Ron Artest caliber guy for the MLE or punk another team with a Ariza like trade.
    Kobe would be in what, his 19th season? Maybe if Bynum really turns into a franchise, top 10 guy but I just don't think he will.

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    sons this is even better news for Kobe ... Gasol will continue to do most of the work, while Kobe jacks up 25 shots a game and gets ALL of the credit for any team success.

Great Length
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    sons this is even better news for Kobe ... Gasol will continue to do most of the work, while Kobe jacks up 25 shots a game and gets ALL of the credit for any team success.
    Kobe getting all the credit yet there was just an article posted here talking about how Pau is the real MVP of the Lakers..

NB:lol Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_ Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Lu ck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fa kers_ 21_Blessings's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Kobe would be in what, his 19th season? Maybe if Bynum really turns into a franchise, top 10 guy but I just don't think he will.
    19th season so what? Medicine and physical training has improved significantly. You can't compare Kobe's longevity to past NBA players. Look at Kobe's post game - there is no reason he can't do that at 35/36 and put up 20 a game.

Bynum is already a 20/11 player as a second option at 22 years old. You don't think he'll get any better?

Is Pau going to be worthless by then? Doubtful. But even then the Lakers could move his expiring for another piece.

Great Length
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    19th season so what? Medicine and physical training has improved significantly. You can't compare Kobe's longevity to past NBA players. Look at Kobe's post game - there is no reason he can't do that at 35/36 and put up 20 a game.

Bynum is already a 20/11 player as a second option at 22 years old. You don't think he'll get any better?

Is Pau going to be worthless by then? Doubtful. But even then the Lakers could move his expiring for another piece.
    Since when if Bynum 20 and 11? The first three weeks of the season? Dude has completely disappeared, already. Wait till he gets through a season without a major knee injury until you include him in plans 5 years down the road.

We'll just have to agree to disagree.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Since when if Bynum 20 and 11? The first three weeks of the season? Dude has completely disappeared, already.
    Since when he was the 2nd option on this team. Just because his stats have decreased (which everyone on this planet expected) with Pau's return does not equate to him disappearing.

Wait till he gets through a season without a major knee injury until you include him in plans 5 years down the road.

Says the guy that wanted to trade Kobe for Kevin Durant last year.

Besides that the Lakers obviously are including Bynum in their long term plans else they wouldn't have signed him to a long term contract.

Great Length
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Since when he was the 2nd option on this team. Just because his stats have decreased (which everyone on this planet expected) with Pau's return does not equate to him disappearing.

So cause Pau's there that gives him the excuse to grab 4 rebounds, 3 rebounds and 3 rebounds the last three games? You overrate the out of Bynum. The guy is so soft and fragile and gives no about playing defense.

Thread Information