Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    College
    Oregon Ducks
    One day it is "this trailer shows way too much" others it is "what the is this movie about"
    No .

That trailer shows just enough so you know it's a well done movie, but not enough to be a spoiler of any sort.

Kind of like women...

The best ones show just little, and not too much... Makes you want to explore!

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    too bad we can't google earth this movie amirite?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    College
    Oregon Ducks
    I still don't know what this movie is about.
    LOL...

Makes you want to see it, doesn't it. Satisfy that curiosity...

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Penn State Nittany Lions
    LOL...

Makes you want to see it, doesn't it. Satisfy that curiosity...
    I was gonna see it no matter what. It's just the trailer doesn't do it for me. The last movie, I kinda knew what it was gonna be about from the trailer: how Kirk and company came to be, the Enterprise, etc. I don't think they mentioned the Romulans, which was fine. This time around they showed some skinny little dude with a sheldon haircut and making him out to be the villain. I'd rather not see who it is at all in the trailer...dunno if that makes sense. lol

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    Name
    benefactor
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Comes out this weekend. It's getting great early reviews. I'll probably go Saturday.

Name
    Billy Shears
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas State Bobcats
    Comes out this weekend. It's getting great early reviews. I'll probably go Saturday.
    Midnight Friday tbh. You're a for waiting.

Name
    benefactor
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I know...the wife took my Vulcan ears away from me when we got married. I'm still recovering tbh.

Name
    Billy Shears
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas State Bobcats
    Midnight Friday tbh. You're a for waiting.
    I one-upped even myself. Local theater had a 9:00PM IMAX 3D screening so I went with a friend. We'd been waiting for that movie for 4 years. Very worthy sequel, tbh. They kept some elements from The Wrath of Khan, which I was pleased with, but Abrams stayed true to the first movie and is telling his own story with these characters. My only gripe with the movie was that I didn't really feel like there was all that much 3D for the price I paid. But unlike Avante I didn't spend $60 at the concession stand ($0, actually) so I'm happy with the overall experience.

No post-credits scene, so don't waste your time sitting through it unless your cousin was on the staff or some . I took that bullet for all of ya.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I one-upped even myself. Local theater had a 9:00PM IMAX 3D screening so I went with a friend. We'd been waiting for that movie for 4 years. Very worthy sequel, tbh. They kept some elements from The Wrath of Khan, which I was pleased with, but Abrams stayed true to the first movie and is telling his own story with these characters. My only gripe with the movie was that I didn't really feel like there was all that much 3D for the price I paid. But unlike Avante I didn't spend $60 at the concession stand ($0, actually) so I'm happy with the overall experience.

No post-credits scene, so don't waste your time sitting through it unless your cousin was on the staff or some . I took that bullet for all of ya.
    Duly noted. Thanks.

Name
    benefactor
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Just got back. Solid follow up...acting, action, story...not much to complain about.

8.5/10

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Oklahoma City Thunder
    I like how JJ Abrams toned down the lens flare for this one.

Goodwill Ambassador spurs_fan_in_exile's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Houston Cougars
    Saw it this weekend. Pretty much enjoyed the out of it until the last 15-20 minutes. The first one struck a good balance between paying tribute and respecting the original material while still finding its own voice and ideas for the movie. This one did that for about 80-90% before falling off that wagon pretty hard.

Bottom line: if you liked the first one, you'll like this one. It's a summer blockbuster through and through and holds no pretenses to be something more than that.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Trinity Tigers
    Yeah, he's pretty much on the " the Trekkies" bandwagon.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders

Thank you, sir.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    I really enjoyed it. Don't think its a " the trekkies" thing at all. Just a reimagination with a lot of homage paid.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Information i could have used a day earlier.
    Was going to sit for a few afterwords anyways.
    Does anyone keep track of the length of these.
    It has got to be a record.
    I think 5 minutes had gone by when i left and it was still rolling credits.

Thread Information