Page 17 of 435 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767117 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sen. Ron Johnson Tells Biden to Choose Between Impeachment and Cabinet Confirmations
    Somebody needs to remind Ron Johnson the GOP isn't the majority in the Senate anymore.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Somebody needs to remind Ron Johnson the GOP isn't the majority in the Senate anymore.
    Bend over, I'll show you a majority Johnson.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No thanks, I'll pass.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Bend over, I'll show you a majority Johnson.
    A bit of a reach but I still chuckled, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Daily Average of '100 Million Vaccines in 100 Days' Topped Repeatedly Under Trump

President Joe Biden's goal to vaccinate 100 million people against COVID-19 in his first 100 days in office depends on an average achieved several times by the Trump administration.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

President Joe Biden's goal to vaccinate 100 million people against COVID-19 in his first 100 days in office depends on an average achieved several times by the Trump administration.
    That literally makes no sense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Catholic bishops alarmed by ‘misguided’ Biden executive order
    The order 'threatens to infringe the rights of people who recognize the truth of sexual difference'

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That literally makes no sense.

Bloomberg News reported 1.3 million vaccines were given on Thursday, Biden's first full day in office.

However, a record-high 1.6 million immunizations were administered on Wednesday, the day Biden took office. The seven-figure mark also was reached with 1.3 million on Jan. 11 and with 1.1 million on both Jan. 14 and 16, per the New York Post.

While saying he and his team were focused on a "wartime effort," Biden and his top spokesperson repeatedly have been pressed by reporters about whether the vaccination target is too low.

White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki was asked Friday why not aim higher since the past-week average before Trump left office was 912,497.

"We set that goal before any American had received a single shot," said Psaki, referring to the vaccination plan Biden announced in early December.

"So the incoming Biden administration felt it was important to set what was described as a bold and ambitious goal at the time, and many doubted we could even get there."

On Thursday, Biden expressed similar words after being asked if his goal were ambitious enough.

"When I announced it, you all said it's not possible," Biden said. "Come on, gimme a break, man! It’s a good start."

Those words came at the end of a briefing in which Biden announced his "full-scale wartime effort" to beat the pandemic by invoking the Defense Production Act, which aims to increase vaccine production and establish federally funded vaccination sites nationally.

Psaki on Friday also blamed the outgoing Trump administration for creating operational challenges.

"We want to set our own markers and markers for the American public so that they know we're meeting our goal," she said. "If we surpass [the 100-day goal], that’s great."

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said 17.5 million vaccines had been given out of 37.9 million distributed nationwide.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Catholic bishops alarmed by ‘misguided’ Biden executive order
    The order 'threatens to infringe the rights of people who recognize the truth of sexual difference'
    Sorry this is happening to you

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Charlie Kirk was one of the reasons Trump got his ass kicked in the 18-29 demo.

He was supposed to have a massive operation to get young people for Trump. Poor derp.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Biden says 'nothing we can do' to change pandemic 'trajectory' in coming months

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Pay attention to what's going on," Carson told host Grant Stinchfield on Friday’s ''Stinchfield.'' "Remember what's happened over the last four years. How the economy just skyrocketed because of the policies, removing all of those regulations, letting people spend their own money, determine their own way.

"Those are the things that had a very, very rapid ameliorating effect on America."

Carson, the retired neurosurgeon turned 2016 presidential candidate, tweeted his thanks to former President Donald Trump on Wednesday for allowing him to serve in the administration.

Just two days later, Carson was asked how it felt to see much of the Trump administration's work being undone by Biden's executive orders.

"Well, there'll be a lot of things that will not be able to be torn apart and we need to concentrate on those," he said. "I hope people are paying very close attention because you see two very distinct philosophies on how things should be run.

"When this country was created, it was created as a place where there would be individual freedoms. Where you could live your life the way you wanted, you could believe what you wanted, you had religious freedom, as long as your rights didn't impinge upon the next person's rights."

Carson sounded as if he was counting on Americans to get turned off eventually by Democrats' polices

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Biden says 'nothing we can do' to change pandemic 'trajectory' in coming months
    He also already looks exhausted.

Not good

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He also already looks exhausted.

Not good
    You got some orange face paint?
    I hear it works, that’s what they say, that’s what everyone tells me...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "eliminated women's sports"

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    appointees can be blocked at committee level, not voted on by full Senate

Moscow Mitch refusing to yield Senate control to Dems unless Dems promise to keep the filibuster, means the Repugs remain in control of the Senate committees.
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 01-23-2021 at 11:50 AM.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Dems should promise not to nuke the filibuster then do it anyway.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dems should promise not to nuke the filibuster then do it anyway.
    yep, double-crossing the Repugs would be payback for stealing Obama's SCOTUS pick then ramming through ACB, and other hardball Repug tactics.

But it's the feckless Dems, no balls, with the strategy of taking the LOSING high road while the Repugs take the WINNING low road.

Dems, wake the up, there is NO HIGH ROAD in corrupt, filthy politics, nor will the current REPUGS ever join "unity"

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    appointees can be blocked at committee level, not voted on by full Senate

Moscow Mitch refusing to yield Senate control to Dems unless Dems promise to keep the filibuster, means the Repugs remain in control of the Senate committees.
    You need to relax with the mitch supreme lord of all things shtick. The turtle can only keep stalling for so long before the move backfires on him and his party completely. I’d like them to see them try to keep control of the senate even though they lost it. That’s a one way street to killing what remains of the party which is in shambles to begin with.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    10 Policy Decisions Biden Can Make Without Congress

1. He can lower drug prices through Section 1498 of the federal code, which gives the government the power to revoke a company’s exclusive right to a drug and license the patent to a generic manufacturer instead.
    2. He can forgive federal student loans – thereby helping to close the racial wealth gap, giving a financial boost to millions, and delivering a major stimulus to the economy.
    3. He can use existing an rust laws to break up monopolies and prevent mergers – – especially in Big Tech and the largest Wall Street banks.
    4. He can ins ute pro-worker policies for federal contractors – who are responsible for a fifth of the economy – such as requiring a $15 minimum wage and paid family leave, and refusing to contract with non-union companies.
    5. He can empower the Labor Department to aggressively monitor and penalize companies that engage in wage theft and unpaid overtime, and who misclassify employees as independent contractors – as Uber and Lyft do.
    6. He can make it easier for people to get health care by eliminating Medicaid work requirements, reinstating federal funding to Planned Parenthood, and expanding access to Affordable Care Act plans. Then it’ll be up to us to push him to enact Medicare for All.
    7. He can ban the sale of public lands and waters for oil and gas drilling. He can further tackle the climate crisis by reinstating the 125 environmental regulations rolled back by Trump and directing federal agencies to deny permits for new fossil fuel projects, and halting all fossil fuel lease sales and permits.
    8. His Securities and Exchange Commission can reinstate its ban on stock buybacks – so that corporations are more likely to use their cash to invest in workers instead of enrich their shareholders. And he can rein in Wall Street by strengthening the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau and other financial regulators, while his Treasury Department can close many tax loopholes.
    9. He can address the cruelty of capital punishment by granting clemency to everyone on federal death row, effectively ending the death penalty with the stroke of a pen. He can address other injustices by having the Department of Justice implement mass commutations for low-level drug offenders, strengthening the department’s Civil Rights Division, and reining in rampant police misconduct through consent decrees. And he can undo some of the damage wrought by the racist war on drugs by directing his Attorney General to reclassify marijuana as a non-dangerous drug.
    10. He can reverse Trump’s cruel immigration agenda by restoring and expanding DACA and raising the yearly number of refugees who can be admitted

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The state of New York lost 1 million jobs in 2020 during the COVID-19 pandemic, including 578,000 in New York City alone, according to a new state Labor Department report.

The job losses, which caused 10 percent of the state workforce to vanish, came after lockdowns, tourism drops, and tanking business activity, reports The New York Post. In New York City, the decline meant that 12 percent of jobs disappeared, marking the highest job loss in the state.

In the United States overall, 6% of jobs dropped, marking half the rate of New York City, which was the initial coronavirus epicenter last spring.

The economy has also stalled during the second COVID-19 surge, with New York State losing 37,200 jobs in December, compared to November of last year.

Most of New York City's job losses came from the restaurant, food services, and beverage industry. In December 2019, 324,500 people were employed in that sector, compared to 183,800 in December 2020.

The industry also lost 11,700 jobs in December compared to November after Gov. Andrew Cuomo reinstated the ban on indoor dining in New York City in an attempt to contain the second COVID-19 surge.

The hospitality sector, which includes hotels, arts, and entertainment, also dropped 366,000 jobs statewide, with many hotels and the Broadway theater district remaining shuttered.

According to Cuomo’s economic forecast, released as part of his new budget plan this week, the state will probably not recover all of its lost jobs until 2025.

Andrew Rigie, executive director of the NYC Hospitality Alliance, said restaurants and bars are essential to the city's "social and economic fabric" and the city is at a "crisis level like we've never experienced."

New York City restauranteurs also complain that indoor dining is banned in the city but is allowed elsewhere in the state if combined with social distancing restrictions.

“If New York City is to pull itself out of this economic grave and gain jobs, we must safely bring back regulated indoor dining like it’s permitted in the rest of New York State, and the Biden Administration and Congress must enact the RESTAURANTS Act stimulus plan very soon,” Rigie said.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The 277 Policies for Which Biden Need Not Ask Permission

As president, Joe Biden could take action on hundreds of policies without having to go through Congress.

Not all of the proposals are new ideas.

In fact, 48 are simply calls to roll back Trump-era policies,

or to reinstate Obama-era rules and committees that Trump ended or disbanded.

Any remotely competent Democrat ought to be able to implement these immediately, no matter what their particular policy vision.

Of those 48 Trump policies that the do ent calls to roll back, 28 are shifts in immigration policy.

The overrepresentation of immigration issues speaks to the extent and the horror of Trump and Stephen Miller’s xenophobic project.

Each of the six unity task forces proposed executive branch policies. From most to least, the issue areas were:

• Immigration (79 policies)
    • Climate Change (56 policies)
    • The Economy (55 policies)
    • Education (39 policies)
    • Criminal Justice (36 policies)
    • Health Care (27 policies)

https://prospect.org/day-one-agenda/...sk-permission/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Indoor dining gets OK in big cities – just after Trump leaves office
    Many U.S. job cuts have occurred at bars and restaurants because of coronavirus-related limits on business

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Biden Stops Trump Order To Slash Price Of Insulin, EpiPen

Awesome way to help people with medical conditions
    USA USA USA USA !

Thread Information