My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Problem: When I put the switch in the docking station...the screen "flickers" for a 1/10 of a second. It does this every second. Basically makes it unplayable on this TV. The best way I can describe it is that it looks like the TV is trying to "auto-detect" something. Switch works fine in hand held mode.

Things I've done: Hooked it up on another TV. Problem does not exist. It's only this TV. The TV in question is a Samsung series 5. It does not happen on any of the other 3 TVs in the house. I've done research on this problem and many people are having a problem connecting to a Samsung. Most people say they fixed it by disabling/enabling Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC) in their settings. This doesn't seem to fix my problem though.

I've tried different Inputs on the TV. I've tried different HDMI cables (4 to be exact). Problem still exists. After taking out the switch and reinserting the switch in the docking station there is like a 5% chance of the screen not flickering. But, when change inputs to watch the Spurs get their asses kicked and change back to the input the Nintendo is on the problem happens again (even if it was previously working fine and I never touched the Switch).

I'm 100% sure it's not the Switch, docking station, or the connection the two make. It's this ty Samsung television. Any suggestions? Tired of taking this damn thing in and out of the docking station hoping to hit the 5% chance lottery. Gonna scratch my screen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And just to get it out the way:

Poorsung

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the TV has wifi, you might try checking if there's a software update for it. I know I've updated my TV firmware on a couple Sammy TVs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Silver&Black sup my man? This is rather common, and a very simple fix. You just take a hammer and thoroughly smash both until they're in many pieces on the ground.. you should notice that problem is now solved.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Silver&Black sup my man? This is rather common, and a very simple fix. You just take a hammer and thoroughly smash both until they're in many pieces on the ground.. you should notice that problem is now solved.
    I'll get right on that. It's what I feel like doing tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought ar 1st that he had a legit answer. Lmao

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Problem: When I put the switch in the docking station...the screen "flickers" for a 1/10 of a second. It does this every second. Basically makes it unplayable on this TV. The best way I can describe it is that it looks like the TV is trying to "auto-detect" something. Switch works fine in hand held mode.

Things I've done: Hooked it up on another TV. Problem does not exist. It's only this TV. The TV in question is a Samsung series 5. It does not happen on any of the other 3 TVs in the house. I've done research on this problem and many people are having a problem connecting to a Samsung. Most people say they fixed it by disabling/enabling Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC) in their settings. This doesn't seem to fix my problem though.

I've tried different Inputs on the TV. I've tried different HDMI cables (4 to be exact). Problem still exists. After taking out the switch and reinserting the switch in the docking station there is like a 5% chance of the screen not flickering. But, when change inputs to watch the Spurs get their asses kicked and change back to the input the Nintendo is on the problem happens again (even if it was previously working fine and I never touched the Switch).

I'm 100% sure it's not the Switch, docking station, or the connection the two make. It's this ty Samsung television. Any suggestions? Tired of taking this damn thing in and out of the docking station hoping to hit the 5% chance lottery. Gonna scratch my screen.
    You indicate it doesn't always happen. When it happens, is it happening at a timed interval that would represent an automatic retry? I know you say "every second" but is it really every second? Have you tried changing the resolution on the TV? How about using a different electrical outlet? Are you using a powerstrip? UPS?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You indicate it doesn't always happen. When it happens, is it happening at a timed interval that would represent an automatic retry? I know you say "every second" but is it really every second? Have you tried changing the resolution on the TV? How about using a different electrical outlet? Are you using a powerstrip? UPS?
    Yes it is literally every single second. Tried multiple outlets both with a surge protector and different outlets. Tried all kinds of TV settings. No luck.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes it is literally every single second. Tried multiple outlets both with a surge protector and different outlets. Tried all kinds of TV settings. No luck.
    So 60 times a minute. Does your TV have an ethernet cable attached?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another thing to try, the Switch has an option to "Match the power state of the TV". Have you tried turning that off? I wonder if it's sending CEC signals through the HDMI that the TV doesn't understand.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So 60 times a minute. Does your TV have an ethernet cable attached?
    nope.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another thing to try, the Switch has an option to "Match the power state of the TV". Have you tried turning that off? I wonder if it's sending CEC signals through the HDMI that the TV doesn't understand.
    That's the #1 thing that most people said to try. (from googling the problem) Most people said that doing this corrected their problem.

Still doesn't help.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's the #1 thing that most people said to try. (from googling the problem) Most people said that doing this corrected their problem.

Still doesn't help.
    If you toggle the Switch to 720p, does your flickering stops?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sounds like you've tried this, but some TV's allow you to specify what you are connecting on the input , and this changes the type of "handshake" of the HDMI, I've solved some connection problems between Android devices and televisions this way (usually the best it to set it as "PC" but not all TV's do this, let alone the same way)

But considering all you've tried, this sounds more like a hardware problem, I once had an LG TV that the HDMI input just went wonky with connection issues and signal noise on one input, and within 3-4 months all the HDMI inputs just died- rest worked fine. Maybe you can try hooking up through a receiver or HDMI hub..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Have you tried filtering it through a pair of Beats?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Have you tried filtering it through a pair of Beats?
    Is actually a very simple solution. You just need to design and build a breakout box for your interconnect and then hook a high-frequency oscilloscope to each test point, running that through an XY plotter and then figure out which channel your glitch is on. You can then create a comb notch filter for the feedback loop phase locked through an inverter and comparator to remove it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is actually a very simple solution. You just need to design and build a breakout box for your interconnect and then hook a high-frequency oscilloscope to each test point, running that through an XY plotter and then figure out which channel your glitch is on. You can then create a comb notch filter for the feedback loop phase locked through an inverter and comparator to remove it.
    Or you could just do like I suggested and run it through the Beats.

Thread Information