Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    Cleveland Browns
    Post Count
    Did you not see the video? I’m guessing you didn’t or you wouldn’t have posted how ridiculous it was that they cut him.
    Seen it. Not admirable behavior but nothing really heinous.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    ^

Standard behavior for Americans. "Please don't take away our precious ball bouncer."

She deserved it for using the n-word, am I right?
    Last edited by FrostKing; 12-01-2018 at 01:42 PM.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Exactly. The Bengals have a starting running back who decked a woman and had bad intentions when he did so.
    That chick was hot too

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    ^

Standard behavior for Americans. "Please don't take away our precious ball bouncer."

Please, other countries are just as forgiving of their favorite ball kicker to the point where they literally riot and kill each other after the big soccer match.

My Team
    Cleveland Browns
    Post Count
    ^

It's some drunk 19-year old white chick mouthing off to a testosterone-and-liquor-fueled black professional athlete in a hotel corridor at 3 in the morning or whatever. I could've told her that was a bad idea, but I doubt she would've listened to me. Not my fault she and a lot of other white American chicks don't have any common sense.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Please, other countries are just as forgiving of their favorite ball kicker to the point where they literally riot and kill each other after the big soccer match.
    Maybe it differs in South America. But in Europe these female battering stories are far less common.

It would specifically face backlash if Arab athletes were beating up Native women. That would never fly in Europe. This is ultimately just sport. But maybe white Americans have been neutered by all the pro-diversity and race mixing advertisements that run rampant during sporting telecast

It's some drunk 19-year old white chick mouthing off to a testosterone-and-liquor-fueled black professional athlete in a hotel corridor at 3 in the morning or whatever. I could've told her that was a bad idea, but I doubt she would've listened to me. Not my fault she and a lot of other white American chicks don't have any common sense.
    That is fair. Tip of the hat to you sir.

Veteran
    Post Count
    Good victim blaming.

I'll be honest, the video wasn't as shocking as I expected. Certainly not on the level of Ray Rice. No punches thrown. Some shoving and then a pretty half-assed "kick" that looked more like he pushed her with his foot. No idea what was being said.

Wouldn't be surprised if no criminal charges are filed, and if that's the case, dude shouldn't lose his career over it.
    Chick also looked like she flopped when she fell down into the wall. The shove was not so violent as to karoom her 20 feet. Check it.
    Her interview sounds like she was looking to cash in all along.

I don't like to look at that kind of stuff so I hadn't, but kept reading how it really wasn't all that. Curiousity got the better of me.

Are you kidding me? THAT....THAT...might ruin a guys life...WHAT????

That was a kick, that was brutality, bull . I was thinking the guy beat up a woman, no he didn't. And everyone in that video was looking for a hassle.

This is ridiculous. What is world coming to, never seen so much stupid . Can't even play football anymore somebody might get hurt.....well no . Big fast strong guys running around banging into each hurt........let's play safe gang....ha~~

I would never ever ever ever hassle with women, I'd walk or run away from her. But what Hunt did was nothing. I feel sorry for the guy, this just isn't right.

Where are we heading?

Boxing ref......you didn't have to hit him that hard ya know.
    Last edited by JohnnyZ; 12-02-2018 at 05:16 AM.

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    San Diego Chargers
    Post Count
    Maybe it differs in South America. But in Europe these female battering stories are far less common.

It would specifically face backlash if Arab athletes were beating up Native women. That would never fly in Europe. This is ultimately just sport. But maybe white Americans have been neutered by all the pro-diversity and race mixing advertisements that run rampant during sporting telecast

That is fair. Tip of the hat to you sir.

>implying Achmed and Muhammad aren't invading Europe and running a train on the natives on a day to day basis

You guys have the same problem, but it's mudslime instead of nigs

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count

>implying Achmed and Muhammad aren't invading Europe and running a train on the natives on a day to day basis

“you guys”

He lives in California tbh, just acts like he lives in Europe.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    The nfl didn’t even get the video.

https://deadspin.com/reports-nfl-rea...inv-1830805056

“you guys”

He lives in California tbh, just acts like he lives in Europe.

It's also strange that he's arguing that Europe wouldn't allow this to happen..maybe in Eastern Europe, but "Muslims invading and raping" has been one of the primary talking points for a minute(which he should know, since it's one of the alt-rights favorite arguments )

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count

LOL. We don't spend our leisure time watching them on TV, drafting Muhammad on our fantasy team and buying their jersey.

We don't see their mug on every other commercial, yet.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count

It's also strange that he's arguing that Europe wouldn't allow this to happen..maybe in Eastern Europe, but "Muslims invading and raping" has been one of the primary talking points for a minute(which he should know, since it's one of the alt-rights favorite arguments )
    He pretends to be from Pland, so that explains it.

So it comes out that that girl Hunt kicked....at.....is a known trouble maker with a police record. A real .

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    So it comes out that that girl Hunt kicked....at.....is a known trouble maker with a police record. A real .
    Same thing happened with Elliott. At what point will these women be held accountable?

Same thing happened with Elliott. At what point will these women be held accountable?
    I'm with you on that, we really do have to look at the individuals, not just.....men shouldn't hit women. , there are women out there who can kick a mans ass.

From watching the video I got the feellng the girls involved got off on hassling.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Houston Oilers
    Post Count
    Lots of great points have been made here from both angles, but the long and short is players just have to be smarter...especially a guy like Hunt who didn't even get a chance to truly cash out via the league. They have seen enough of these types of incidents now to know how to avoid them.

"All this useless information, yet hanging between your legs is this thing that could crumble your entire empire...seven minutes or less...don't know a ing thing about it. Even worse you think it's your friend."

-Bill Burr

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Lots of great points have been made here from both angles, but the long and short is players just have to be smarter...especially a guy like Hunt who didn't even get a chance to truly cash out via the league. They have seen enough of these types of incidents now to know how to avoid them.

"All this useless information, yet hanging between your legs is this thing that could crumble your entire empire...seven minutes or less...don't know a ing thing about it. Even worse you think it's your friend."

-Bill Burr
    I’d be surprised if anyone thinks Hunt is getting treated unfairly, all the players should be well aware at this point that altercation with woman caught on camera + court of public opinion = potential career ender, but I think it’s more about how much these situations have been blown out of proportion and how random the punishment seems to be.

The guy I still feel bad for is Ray Rice. His career was cut short because the NFL ed up in how his punishment was handled so the NFL made an example out of him when guys have gotten away with much worse.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count

-Bill Burr
    Bill Burr is greatness

I was feeling sorry for Hunt, thinking wrong place, wrong time, wrong company. If this is true....

A new report from NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport suggests that Hunt’s self-inflicted problems could get worse before they get better. Rapoport reported early Sunday morning that the NFL is investigating a June incident in which Hunt allegedly punched a man in the face in June at an Ohio resort.

.....then him.

A talent like his at Toledo?

If we started going back to his HS days, hmmmm?

Speaking of high school......

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-you-dont-know
    Last edited by JohnnyZ; 12-04-2018 at 04:36 AM.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    http://www.espn.com/espn/otl/story/_...old-night-town

Good article about the whole incident. It's clear these were two gold diggers that got him in trouble. And it looks like the cops maybe noticed the ladies were drunk and stupid and didn't want to pursue the matter. Now the PC hollywood folks want to run him into the ground for this. He shouldn't have gotten physical / hit them, but they definitely aren't all innocent little school girls or whatever. Everyone knows/knew girls who acted like this when they were drunk.

"I only know those girls through a friend," Watkins tells officers in the video. "They invited us to a club tonight. We got to the club, and they were overly drunk, as you can tell. But come to find out, they're not even 21. They're 19 years old. We were like, 'Can you guys please leave us alone?'"

Watkins tells police Ottinger and her friend, Dominique Hamilton, got along fine with everyone throughout the evening, but that ended inside Hunt's residence. According to Watkins' account, Hunt said Ottinger and Hamilton couldn't stay the night. Watkins says he offered $20 when they said they didn't have enough money for an Uber ride home. After he sent them into the hall, Ottinger began to scream and pound on the door, according to his account.

"They're in the hallway, like standing by the elevator," Watkins tells police. "I come out and I'm like, 'You guys are being too loud. Please just leave us alone.' She started freaking out, grabbing the back of my head. She broke my necklace. She tried calling me the N-word. She called us n-----s and s--- like that. We're like, 'There is no point of you to do that. We just want you to leave us alone.' Then they started getting aggressive, hitting us."

Ottinger could not be reached for comment by Outside the Lines.

In the police video, Ottinger confirms having gotten upset because she didn't have enough money to get home and was in no condition to drive herself. Her car, she tells police, was parked at the hotel. "We needed a ride back to Kent," Ottinger says. "An Uber was $112. We can't afford that. We're college students, right?"

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    http://www.espn.com/espn/otl/story/_...old-night-town

Good article about the whole incident. It's clear these were two gold diggers that got him in trouble. And it looks like the cops maybe noticed the ladies were drunk and stupid and didn't want to pursue the matter. Now the PC hollywood folks want to run him into the ground for this. He shouldn't have gotten physical / hit them, but they definitely aren't all innocent little school girls or whatever. Everyone knows/knew girls who acted like this when they were drunk.

"I only know those girls through a friend," Watkins tells officers in the video. "They invited us to a club tonight. We got to the club, and they were overly drunk, as you can tell. But come to find out, they're not even 21. They're 19 years old. We were like, 'Can you guys please leave us alone?'"

Watkins tells police Ottinger and her friend, Dominique Hamilton, got along fine with everyone throughout the evening, but that ended inside Hunt's residence. According to Watkins' account, Hunt said Ottinger and Hamilton couldn't stay the night. Watkins says he offered $20 when they said they didn't have enough money for an Uber ride home. After he sent them into the hall, Ottinger began to scream and pound on the door, according to his account.

"They're in the hallway, like standing by the elevator," Watkins tells police. "I come out and I'm like, 'You guys are being too loud. Please just leave us alone.' She started freaking out, grabbing the back of my head. She broke my necklace. She tried calling me the N-word. She called us n-----s and s--- like that. We're like, 'There is no point of you to do that. We just want you to leave us alone.' Then they started getting aggressive, hitting us."

Ottinger could not be reached for comment by Outside the Lines.

In the police video, Ottinger confirms having gotten upset because she didn't have enough money to get home and was in no condition to drive herself. Her car, she tells police, was parked at the hotel. "We needed a ride back to Kent," Ottinger says. "An Uber was $112. We can't afford that. We're college students, right?"

You're quoting Watkins but in the same story it mentions that Watkins account doesn't square with the video footage. So I'm not sure he's reliable.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    You're quoting Watkins but in the same story it mentions that Watkins account doesn't square with the video footage. So I'm not sure he's reliable.
    Not saying anyone's account is 100% accurate. They were all out and drunk. No one's account is going to be 100% accurate. But what's clear is they were some skanks that were out gold digging, inviting these guys to clubs even though they knew they were underage. Then they wouldn't leave and were demanding money. Then when they got into it with Hunt's crew (cat fight), it got to blows. Then when the police arrived they started pointing to their bruises like all innocent and , which everyone knows it takes 2 to tango.

Not saying Hunt isn't in the wrong for striking a woman, that's wrong. But one angle these stories never seem to cover is the part where the gold diggers start . Because that's what gold diggers do.

Thread Information