Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I've enjoyed a few of his films and checked out this doc. Which is basically an interview with DePalma talking about several of his films while showing scenes from the films.
    Seemed like he was pretty honest about how many of his techniques were taken directly from Hitch and others. And about his mistakes.

It was pretty good. Pretty cool material about the years when he, Scorese, Spielberg, Lucas, and Coppola were all up and coming directors and fairly close with each other.
    And when he discovered De Niro.

6.5/10

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I've enjoyed a few of his films and checked out this doc. Which is basically an interview with DePalma talking about several of his films while showing scenes from the films.
    Seemed like he was pretty honest about how many of his techniques were taken directly from Hitch and others. And about his mistakes.

It was pretty good. Pretty cool material about the years when he, Scorese, Spielberg, Lucas, and Coppola were all up and coming directors and fairly close with each other.
    And when he discovered De Niro.

6.5/10

Watch the Orson Welles one.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Watch the Orson Welles one.
    will do...been thinking about it. It is "They'll Love Me When I'm Dead"?

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    will do...been thinking about it. It is "They'll Love Me When I'm Dead"?

Yup. Really ing good and definitely different. But I do advise, you're gonna waste your time if you watch the movie that Netflix "finished" that the doc is centered around. It's just a ing mess and you'll understand why after you watch the doc.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Yup. Really ing good and definitely different. But I do advise, you're gonna waste your time if you watch the movie that Netflix "finished" that the doc is centered around. It's just a ing mess and you'll understand why after you watch the doc.
    Thanks for bringing it up. I checked it out last night and enjoyed it. Better than the DePalma doc.
    Incredibly bizarre story. Did you try to watch the actual movie?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Kentucky Wildcats
    Love DePalma and his movies. This one is cool to watch just to marvel at his filmmaking, but you’re not really gonna learn anything about him that you couldn’t find on his Wikipedia page

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Love DePalma and his movies. This one is cool to watch just to marvel at his filmmaking, but you’re not really gonna learn anything about him that you couldn’t find on his Wikipedia page
    I thought it was interesting to see them show a scene from an older director like Hitch and then the scene where DePalma used the technique. And appreciated how honest he was about giving the credit where it belonged.

Thread Information