Page 323 of 491 FirstFirst ... 223273313319320321322323324325326327333373423 ... LastLast
Results 8,051 to 8,075 of 12267
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah. 6 was waaay darker for me, tbh. Thank God we won the next year, though. I probably would've never recovered if we didn't.
    Truly nothing can ever touch ​6

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah. 6 was waaay darker for me, tbh. Thank God we won the next year, though. I probably would've never recovered if we didn't.
    Truth... I actually felt sick and depressed for atleast a month after 6, which sounds crazy to me now years later... They had the trophies literally rolling out towards the floor... If the spurs dont chip in 14' it would have been a real dark era...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This Neph stuff is like a stubbed toe compared to 6, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The media and the league with Lebron now being out is desperate for ratings. They are also looking for new face of the league candidate. I don't think #2 can be that guy but they are going to throw ton of mud at the wall and hope it sticks. They will also do this with other stars in the future that get to the finals to see if they have potential to be rating generators. Currently it's not working with #2 since the ratings throughout the series has been terrible.
    Since when has spurs fans cared about finals ratings? Lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Truth... I actually felt sick and depressed for atleast a month after 6, which sounds crazy to me now years later... They had the trophies literally rolling out towards the floor... If the spurs dont chip in 14' it would have been a real dark era...
    yeah that's really true. the kawhi thing made me angry and salty but it didn't even approach the 'still hurts' from six..
    funny how that works.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's better to root for kawhi and hope he chokes next year. He didn't exactly defend the 2015 or 2016 le runs well. This run is probably the easiest he could ask for as he won't be blamed for falling short, and several raptors players are overachieving.

The Spurs suffered from Parker having to guard superior guards and the bigs being week.n currently Toronto is winning all of it's match ups. There is no pressure on kawhi. Teams will be ready for him next year and the raptors still streaky Lowery, tosb Gasol, and weak van fleek. He's been stopped before and it's mostly in his head and quad. Maybe he's a top 20 all time player or maybe he's just been in two lucky runs in between other dynastys.

The best thing for the Spurs is to pretend that kawhi left work on mutual good terms. People will assume it's like Durant and just free agency.
    Calling this lucky is just lazy. There was nothing easy about this run they’ve had

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Since when has spurs fans cared about finals ratings? Lol
    Since it can be used as a negative against kl

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The media and the league with Lebron now being out is desperate for ratings. They are also looking for new face of the league candidate. I don't think #2 can be that guy but they are going to throw ton of mud at the wall and hope it sticks. They will also do this with other stars in the future that get to the finals to see if they have potential to be rating generators. Currently it's not working with #2 since the ratings throughout the series has been terrible.
    Ok skip bayless

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This league and it's revisionist history. Now the media is pretending S bag is some dynasty slayer, as if the Heat were a dynasty or his souped up Bowen ass was anything close to a superstar back then. First is was the genius who received the majority of the credit for that, now suddenly it's him. Never the biggest 3.

The Warriors don't even deserve the dynasty distinction. They've yet to win a legit championship (the Raptors will join them in the ranks of asterisk champions), have only been on this run for 5 years and are more than likely a game away from capping this run at 3 in 5, aka the best the Spurs ever managed. Funny how the media was split on whether they were a dynasty following that, but didn't hesitate to anoint the Warriors prematurely.

Not even close.

I don't get this narrative that if Durant comes back and they win the championship, it'll prove they needed him all along.

The '19 Warriors aren't the same as the previous iterations. This one is banged up beyond him, fatigued, paper thin and in some cases, in decline. This team needs him to beat the Raptors (probably would have for the Bucks and even Rockets, full series).

If we reverse engineer this though, the other iterations probably wouldn't have. That's not to say they'd have automatically won the previous 2 championships or this one anyway, but they were at least capable of beating any other team during those seasons and likely would have been favored too.
    Salty

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ESPN website just published the big nephew article they did not disappoint. They essentially ignore 2011 to 2018. Lazy writer Tim Bokemp - I don't care if the name is misspelled. A person should be fired for the quality of work in this article. Revisionist history and no hard question to nephew.

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This Neph stuff is like a stubbed toe compared to 6, tbh.
    If Kawhi stays, can the Raptors potentially repeat?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Kawhi stays, can the Raptors potentially repeat?
    If kawhi can repeat then it's proof that he was never a spur to begin with

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    truly the darkest timeline for Spursfan
    I have a one symbol answer for you, 6​.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No doubt 2013 was much worse. That one made the whole summer gloomy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No doubt 2013 was much worse. That one made the whole summer gloomy.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    [video=youtube_share;TdcNrRuT2CE]https://youtu.be/TdcNrRuT2CE
    How about the Greatest Escape?
    And timvp and his boys(<caugh> cult of pop<caugh>) don't act like you never saw this Docu Seriries that is well done, well researched just THE TRUTH.

[/QUOTE]

I stopped watching that video when the narrator gave Jon Simmons another name.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Raptors beat a tough 76ers team in 7 games, a tough Bucks team that went up 2-0, and now lead a team with a top 5 player and 2 top 25 players. They don't deserve an asterisk. They are beating teams far better than others have defeated tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    KD playing tonight. Time for Kawhi to show this isn't a fluke.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    KD playing tonight. Time for Kawhi to show this isn't a fluke.
    KD coming back is trouble. If the Raps don't take advantage tonight with him being super rusty, I don't think they win the series.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    KD coming back is trouble. If the Raps don't take advantage tonight with him being super rusty, I don't think they win the series.
    Agreed. It's over for the Raps if they don't close it out tonight.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information