My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    these fat s

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    these fat s

my brother lost weight in the navy but quickly gained it all back and more after his service. he also gained a wildebeest of a wife upon leaving the navy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    MLB has lots of fatties, for years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    who cares? they're not paid by our taxes.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fat semen?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fatball

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The ones who actually do any real hand to hand aren't fat. The folks in the OP live on ships and don't have the most well rounded diets.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LkrFan you pinche gordo squid.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    LkrFan you pinche gordo squid.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    This is a truth bomb. I'm a health care administrator. In the hospital it is not uncommon for a Captain (O-6) or Commander (O-5) to weigh over 250lbs. I once worked for a Captain that was an easy 350lbs.

You may ask, why is it that the Navy is so fat? It's the Physicians. Real talk. The Navy turns a blind eye to fat doctors. We are supposed to have doctors with the same credentials as private sector doctors (same as Dentists, Nurses, Surgeons, etc. - duh). It is hard to keep a doctor, in this example, IN the Navy when they are easily worth $300K and more.

It's easier for them to make rank, they get annual bonuses, specialty pay, ignored physical fitness standards, etc.

They got it made! Meanwhile everyone else has to stay in shape or get administratively discharged for being overweight. And NO, Chucho, I ain't fat

But yeah, it's embarrassing that we are even fatter than the Coast Guard and Chair Force
    Last edited by LkrFan; 09-08-2019 at 07:29 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also I've seen so cops here fatter than DMC 300 pounds old yellow ass.

Obviously removing "Donuts" from Dunkin did not dissuade these people.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is a truth bomb. I'm a health care administrator. In the hospital it is not uncommon for a Captain (O-6) or Commander (O-5) to weigh over 250lbs. I once worked for a Captain that was an easy 350lbs.

You may ask, why is it that the Navy is so fat? It's the Physicians. Real talk. The Navy turns a blind eye to fat doctors. We are supposed to have doctors with the same credentials as private sector doctors (same as Dentists, Nurses, Surgeons, etc. - duh). It is hard to keep a doctor, in this example, IN the Navy when they are easily worth $300K and more.

It's easier for them to make rank, they get annual bonuses, specialty pay, ignored physical fitness standards, etc.

They got it made! Meanwhile everyone else has to stay in shape or get administratively discharged for being overweight. And NO, Chucho, I ain't fat

But yeah, it's embarrassing that we are even fatter than the Coast Guard and Chair Force

So the problem is actually the fat doctors? What are the obesity credentials that private sector doctors have that aren’t required of Navy doctors?

Also, 300K salary for lifer military docs is pretty average.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Fatter than the fresh water gots

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also I've seen so cops here fatter than DMC 300 pounds old yellow ass.

Obviously removing "Donuts" from Dunkin did not dissuade these people.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

So the problem is actually the fat doctors? What are the obesity credentials that private sector doctors have that aren’t required of Navy doctors?

Also, 300K salary for lifer military docs is pretty average.
    Well, it's not just the fat doctors that are senior officers, but the vast majority of the fatties are them. At least in the hospital.

Simply put, you are not gonna be penalized for being fat in the private sector, but the military is different. We have height/weight standards. For example, I'm 6 foot tall. My maximum weight is 201lbs. Military says we need to be fit (which makes sense if we are fighting to protect our country). We can't be all out of shape.

$300K is just a number I threw out there. I'm sure there are doctors out there that make over say $500K/year and are legit millionaires.

But let's compare my number of $300K...and compare that to a Ophthalmologist at the rank of Captain (O-6) with 30 years of service (Base pay: $12,270/month; Housing allowance: $5,508 with dependents/month, Food allowance: $254.38/month, Incentive Pay: $51,000/year) + "free" Medical and "free" Dental.

That is pretty compe ive compensation, but not totally what someone is truly worth in the private sector. But this is an outlier because the longer you are in the Service + making rank, plus duty location determines how much you will make pay wise. For example, the above numbers is for someone stationed in California (higher cost of living) vs how much he'd make in Texas (lower cost of living). Base pay is the same universally though.

Takes a long time to move up the ranks. If we have a really sharp, highly trained, highly specialized young surgeon come in the Navy - and he's worth $600K/year to start work fresh out of school - he will not willingly be willing to make peanuts from the Navy when he can get paid handsomely right now. Navy Medicine knows that and "bends the rules" for them accordingly. Sucks for everybody else tho.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DMC triggered by facts.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Fatter than the fresh water gots

Thread Information