Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure of the official tally at this point, but I understand our cap space is now at approximately $39MM?

Assuming we don't make any actual smart signings, what are your favorite Cap Space Rental or Trade Facilitation ideas?

I've read that Spurs are only one of two teams that have the kind of cap space needed to facilitate a KD trade - so maybe we can get in on that and pick up some free assets.

I like the idea of Hayward from CHA and they reduce their protections to something like 1-4.

Do the Knicks still need to unload Fornier? The Suns Saric? Who else needs to dump bad contracts?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sixers - Tobias Harris

Lakers - Westbrook (don't do it)

Spurs can get in as a facilitator of a Gobert trade, Ayton S&T, KD trade. Plenty of options.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure of the official tally at this point, but I understand our cap space is now at approximately $39MM?

Assuming we don't make any actual smart signings, what are your favorite Cap Space Rental or Trade Facilitation ideas?

I've read that Spurs are only one of two teams that have the kind of cap space needed to facilitate a KD trade - so maybe we can get in on that and pick up some free assets.

I like the idea of Hayward from CHA and they reduce their protections to something like 1-4.

Do the Knicks still need to unload Fornier? The Suns Saric? Who else needs to dump bad contracts?
    Trade Poeltl. Free up enough space to bring in Westbrook for picks. Good ones

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure LA has enough picks to make it worth it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure LA has enough picks to make it worth it.
    They only have 2026 and 2028 I think. Would have to get a 3rd team involved.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unprotected picks or you can let your Durant / Ayton / Mitc / Irving / Gobert trade die.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m reminded of the beach scene in Saving Private Ryan, after they were somewhat established. They took a flamethrower to a German pillbox, and when the Germans staggered out on fire, screaming, the GIs shouted “No, don’t shoot them. Let them burn!”.

Let the Lakers burn on the pyre of their arrogance and tampering in the early part of the Kawhi drama. Magic Johnson, and the Lakers. We’ll have plenty of other options to rent our cap space. Let ‘em burn.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m reminded of the beach scene in Saving Private Ryan, after they were somewhat established. They took a flamethrower to a German pillbox, and when the Germans staggered out on fire, screaming, the GIs shouted “No, don’t shoot them. Let them burn!”.

Let the Lakers burn on the pyre of their arrogance and tampering in the early part of the Kawhi drama. Magic Johnson, and the Lakers. We’ll have plenty of other options to rent our cap space. Let ‘em burn.
    Ok, this works for me too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Co-signed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Damn

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Correct response. Westbrook & Harden probably the two active players I'd least want on the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Quit sitting on the fence man, tell us how you really feel.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

-----------------------------------------

Post of the week:

LET EM BURN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Elevate this mofo to God like status.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Lakers

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It only between us and IND as the third team on whatever BKN does. Others are out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Something involving Hayward / lowering their protection on the pick from DJ trade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Something involving Hayward / lowering their protection on the pick from DJ trade.
    I doubt Charlotte will consider lifting that protection. They are assuredly lottery bound next year and the Bridges situation looks to be messy and might not be back depending on how this plays out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A number of years ago, CHA did a teardown, taking on ending contracts no one else wanted. They were expected to be a lottery team. They hired a first time NBA head coach named Steve Clifford. He convinced the players that it was probably in their interests to play well for their next contracts.

This team is a lot more talented than that one, and Steve Clifford is back as head coach. You can’t convince me that we won’t be getting the pick this year, so I see it as a waste to make a trade to remove the protections on the pick. They’re going to need some wing help with dumbass Bridges beating the out of his wife, and probably looking at a long suspension. Offer them JRich for ANOTHER, later FRP, and we increase our chances of getting this one.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Damn that’s dark, bro.

But, yeah, I’m in absolutely zero hurry to help the Lakers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn that’s dark, bro.

But, yeah, I’m in absolutely zero hurry to help the Lakers.
    A bit. No one is literally burning to death, but LeBron is going wherever Bronny gets drafted next summer, AD is a chronically injured underperformer, they don’t have any FRPs for years, so I guess their team is burning, and I’m here for it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A bit. No one is literally burning to death, but LeBron is going wherever Bronny gets drafted next summer, AD is a chronically injured underperformer, they don’t have any FRPs for years, so I guess their team is burning, and I’m here for it.
    Bronny isn’t eligible till 2024 draft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bronny isn’t eligible till 2024 draft.
    Even better. ANOTHER year for LeBron to waste in LA with no help.

Free Throw Coach Aggie Hoopsfan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Poetic. Just beautiful.

Luck the Fakers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs could really be well positioned to fk one or more of the NBA establishment who mortgage their future for KD.

Thread Information