My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think this team can handle that as long as either DWhite or Rudy Gay attacks the basket or LMA scores in the paint. I dont think Forbes or Bertans can create shots if they can't get enough space. Very different from Demar's previous Raptors teams

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he can't find his shot, he can just focus on being a distributor and playmaker. That's been his best strength this season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DeRozan just needs to take a step back if he's not getting a call. Spurs don't need him being an alpha scorer so long as he takes what the D gives him and makes the right pass. Can't have those moments when he freaks out and tries for force calls and picks up Ts. Just let Aldridge handle his business and try to work with Gay to provide enough support points.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he can't find his shot, he can just focus on being a distributor and playmaker. That's been his best strength this season.
    Yeah I believe he also racked up assists when Lowry went down one season. But in Toronto, if his shots are not falling or if he's not aggressive, he cant attack the basket easily and pass to shooters. This time he can pass to LMA or he can let White facilitate and look for his shots or look for the open man

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DeRozan just needs to take a step back if he's not getting a call. Spurs don't need him being an alpha scorer so long as he takes what the D gives him and makes the right pass. Can't have those moments when he freaks out and tries for force calls and picks up Ts. Just let Aldridge handle his business and try to work with Gay to provide enough support points.
    Yeah I believe he let the pressure get to him at times. It's good that a lot of people expect him to be a volume scorer on the Spurs but Pop changed this and gave the team time to figure out the offense first then the defense

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You have to hope a change of scenery helps, hopefully the Spurs dont run into LeBron in the 1st round tho, unlikely as of now but still.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That’s if we make the playoffs. Since The first game of December they’re 12-5 which is great but 10 of those wins were at home. Spurs are 2-4 on the road in that span and 6-12 overall which is 5th worst in the West. Until I see them play on the road like they do at home I’m not convinced they will make the playoffs. The rodeo road trip is brutal this year @ SAC@GSW @POR @UTAH @MEM @TOR @NYK @BKN

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he has never played with a guy like Aldridge before, so he probably will not have that "fall" in the playoffs, Spurs seems to be a team that can score in a number of ways, this will ease the pressure on Demar as a scorer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This should always be the case. No player should have to put up monster stats to win a playoff game. He just needs to help and be consistent in other ways. Be a threat on the floor, facilitate, play defense, get rebounds. Demar has improved in all these areas. Great to see.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't see why people assume DD will choke in the POs like he did when with the Raptors---different coach/team/style...Just look at last night and how ineffective KL was--no offensive scheme to speak of on that raptor's team---that's why great players need good coaches that can scheme a good game plan to put them in position to be great...the only player that I've ever seen that can get away without good coaching is Lebron but then again he stacks his teams with the most talent..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think that's an issue with the way he's been facilitating. But we really need Rudy and I would love if we can get another SF who could back him up so we don't have to start Poeltl or Cunningham in case he isn't healthy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That’s if we make the playoffs. Since The first game of December they’re 12-5 which is great but 10 of those wins were at home. Spurs are 2-4 on the road in that span and 6-12 overall which is 5th worst in the West. Until I see them play on the road like they do at home I’m not convinced they will make the playoffs. The rodeo road trip is brutal this year @ SAC@GSW @POR @UTAH @MEM @TOR @NYK @BKN
    Tho in fairness, they played much better on the road towards the end of December. It's not the same team as the Oct/Nov team. The losses in Houston/Denver showed a lot of progress, + beating the Clips in LA on a B2B. It feels like they're getting into a nice rhythm on the road and at home lately.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think that's an issue with the way he's been facilitating. But we really need Rudy and I would love if we can get another SF who could back him up so we don't have to start Poeltl or Cunningham in case he isn't healthy
    A good sf is also what this team needs. But looks like Pop is content on Cunningham. Which is sad in a way that the team cant sign someone better

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't see it a happening. For one, we have better system/coaching than the Raptors and more professional scorers with LMA and Gay. You add the shooting Bertans & Forbes and the play-making of White, he will have more support than in Toronto. Plus we don't necessarily need him to score 30 to win so I think he will have his best playoffs yet.

Thread Information