Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With the 2009-2010 campaign now laid to rest we're left to look forward to the Draft, free-agency and the inevitable trade talk to tide us over until we get some Summer ball and the eventual training camp. But with games still yet to be played and some downtime before any of the aforementioned can really get kicked off, it'd probably be a good idea to not lose sight of the bar and not let this board taper off to pre-RTB levels.

Many were asked to step their game up and have obliged. Some were asked to do something of their own to contribute to the board, and there've been a handful of people that have done their part or at least made a contribution upon the initial request. But let's not lose sight of the bar and where we'd all like to keep it set. Let's figure out a way everyone can do their part so no one feels burdened with another responsibility or feels obligated to do something they feel forced to do -- this should be about keeping the board at a standard that everyone's comfortable with and more can aspire to.

So with that being said, let's hear what you've got. If you'd like to do a column like myself every once in a while, go for it. If there's some kind of inside the numbers thing you'd like to do, that's great too; Scouting, capologists, comedy, entertainment, whatever you feel you can contribute and do well, by all means. Do it to it.

I'm sure there are plenty of people that would like to do the same thing, that's great as well. If y'all know what each other are doing you can confer beforehand and keep a steadier flow of content -- trade off weeks, make a rotation or just talk before hand so you don't step on each others toes. Just make it known what you'd like to contribute in this thread and you can figure out who's on the same page as you and get a gameplan moving forward -- this thread will serve as the War Room to allow posters to see what's on deck and what's coming down the pike in days, weeks and months down the road; it'll also serve as a place to brainstorm and figure out what kind of content posters here would be interested in seeing.

We've got a lot of sick puppies here that should probably be doing time, but, for the most part, they've got some creativity and good ideas. Let's put 'em to use. With that, I open the board to you. Suggestions and/or contributions ... let's see what y'all got.

- RTB -

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Recent suggestion: SpursTalk Awards

Being that this is a NBA-themed board, I'd suggest (if you guys would like to do it) the awards follow a similar guideline: First, Second and Third All-SpursTalk, Rookie of the Year, MVP and so forth. There'd have to be something for the best non-Spurs poster, troll and maybe thread and post of the year, but I think the 1-3 Teams, ROY and MVP are a good place to start.

Yea or nay on the awards?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Blackjack = Boom, roasted for plagarizing ideas

After suggesting that there should be an MVP award race for Spurstalk, he has been "Boom, roasted." Without using the search function, Blackjack created a thread to show who is the MVP, ROY, of the Spurs forum this season. After writing such long posts, it is safe to assume Blackjack has been drinking and gotten drunk.

When interviewed, Phila_Chamberlain said he would contribute by suggesting monthly realistic trade ideas which tend to go a little bit out of hand. Realistic trade ideas are non-existent in the Spurs forum and should not appear unless in the context of trading Tony Parker away, which would ignite the flames of the Tony Parker gangbusters led by ducks.

This ends Chieflion's report on the RTB: Raising the Bar; Official Thread. There is more to come later. Read my next report.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Recent suggestion: SpursTalk Awards
    Yea or nay on the awards?
    and just as the NBA brought you Karl Malone over MJ and Steve Nash for back to back MVPs.......

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So Phila_'s going to be doing his trade thing.

Chieflion's going to be doing his Onion thing.

And Fabbs is going to be stuffing the ballot box.

Big ol' all the way around.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of the people, by the people and for the people, Phila_.

Do your thing and if it catches on, keep on keepin' on.

We just need to -- as a collective -- do our part individually so that this place doesn't have a precipitous drop off. If it works it works. If not ... try something else.

It's all about pounding the rock, after all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And Fabbs is going to be stuffing the ballot box.
    yeah I'm so into prominence.

Phila_Chamberlain
    So how are we going to do the nominations for the awards? I'll be honest we have a lot of ass kiss voters on this board. It just depends on who ass is kissed the most.
    now who could that be?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So how are we going to do the nominations for the awards? I'll be honest we have a lot of ass kiss voters on this board. It just depends on who ass is kissed the most.
    I think we need to come to some kind of consensus.

We should probably start a thread with a poll for each award (a closed poll -- it'd be cool if we could keep the vote quiet so we could unveil the winners on a certain day) and go from there.

Like for the First, Second and Third Team awards, we'll narrow it down to the top 15 vote-getters and then do polls for First, Second and Third team -- the MVP could be the leading vote-getter or we could do a separate poll with those 15 and have posters decide who they believe deserves the award.

Something like that. A thread for nominees, a thread with a poll for the nominees and a final results thread where each award is unveiled. If you've got something better, I'm all ears.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah I'm so into prominence.
    I'm sure I could pull some strings, Fabbs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If anything we can get a good laugh while trying to jump over the bar.

Good one!
    Lets keep this thread moving in a Bar Raising experience.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Good one!
    Lets keep this thread moving in a Bar Raising experience.
    Ask and ye shall receive:

- RTB -

They do (and not that one you pervs ... they're pole-vaulters).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Video replay of a play (or plays).

When a game changing or controversial play occurs, sometimes it's available on YouTube. But lots of times it isn't.

Could we get a good hearted-has time-and techno skills-person to put a clip of the requested play(s) up? Like if Slomo wasn't constantly dating Russian models or ????

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Video replay of a play (or plays).

When a game changing or controversial play occurs, sometimes it's available on YouTube. But lots of times it isn't.

Could we get a good hearted-has time-and techno skills-person to put a clip of the requested play(s) up? Like if Slomo wasn't constantly dating Russian models or ????
    That's what I'm talking about Fabbs.

I know we've got a handful of people here capable of doing that, we just need them to volunteer their services.

Gifs, highlights or whatever other visual media I haven't a clue about, anybody interested or willing?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not sure if that's unfortunate, convenient or obscene.

It's unfortunate if she was born with her s on her back, convenient if it's an extra pair that allows you to avoid the face, and obscene if she was born with s on her back and conveniently forgot to cover them up before going into Fah-king Wal-Mart.

You have not only not raised the bar, but you've sat on it with that picture and lost it in the vortex that is her crease.

PRICELESS SPURS FAN polandprzem's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey BJ why your thread is sticked as important?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey BJ why your thread is sticked as important?
    Because it's for the betterment of humankind (or at least SpursTalk).

Should we expect to see some more Poland's Perspective?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm in for awards as long as I receive the first official SpursTalk Spammy for my Nickelback cover video.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because it's for the betterment of humankind (or at least SpursTalk).

Should we expect to see some more Poland's Perspective?
    That's good
    If this offseason will be decent on ST I'm fine

PP? Well I don't know - I'm not kinda offseason guy, salary guy and rumors guy.

But maybe I will write one to end the season.
    You are the only person IMO who remembers I had that RTB threads also

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm in for awards as long as I receive the first official SpursTalk Spammy for my Nickelback cover video.
    That's definitely going to be in the running for something. For what, I'm not sure.

We need some ideas on how to do the awards and what the categories there should be.

My first thought was to just have a nomination thread where the top 15 vote-getters are placed on First, Second or Third Team All-SpursTalk. And then from that we can do another thread with a poll of those 15 for MVP, or something along those lines. Rookie of the Year will be something similar -- have those that'd like to be taken into consideration post in another thread and then start a poll from there.

But if we're going to do it right, we've gotta have something for post and thread of the year, Best Foreign Poster (or something for the non-Spurs fan) and Troll of the Year.

But I need to know if you guys are cool with those categories/which ones you are cool with and what categories would you like to see or add; and some kind of consensus on how to tabulate results.

Give me some suggestions and I'll see if I can find a way to do it to it.

PP? Well I don't know - I'm not kinda offseason guy, salary guy and rumors guy.

But maybe I will write one to end the season.
    You are the only person IMO who remembers I had that RTB threads also
    I think you need to do an end-of-season one. I may be one of the few that acknowledged Poland's Perspective but I know I'm not the only one to take the time to read it. It was definitely worth taking the time, IMO. Good stuff.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And if anyone of you peoples wants to hit me up with a PM to make a suggestion, that's fine. Whatever it takes to get more of you involved in RTB, let's get it done.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Best poster
    All-ST
    All-defense ST team
    Best defender
    Rookie [first year so I dunno]
    Best Clubber [guy from he club]
    Best lady

Best knowledge
    Worst poster
    Idol
    Best quote
    Most innovative

jesus and many more

Ridding the world of Alien Scum...Relentlessly. Man In Black's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Best sig with substance? There's a lotta flash but not really a whole lot of substance. I suppose it's purely subjective. I mean the sigs with big s are all fine and smile inducing but full of substance? That's to be determined.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Best poster
    All-ST
    All-defense ST team
    Best defender
    Rookie [first year so I dunno]
    Best Clubber [guy from he club]
    Best lady

Best knowledge
    Worst poster
    Idol
    Best quote
    Most innovative

jesus and many more
    Best sig with substance? There's a lotta flash but not really a whole lot of substance. I suppose it's purely subjective. I mean the sigs with big s are all fine and smile inducing but full of substance? That's to be determined.
    And that's pretty much the crux of it -- all good ideas but the list could go forever.

Maybe we can do 1-3 All-SpursTalk (which can encompass every board), Club and NBA Forum Poster of the Year, Rookie of the Year and Troll of the year.

Once that's done and we see how it goes, we can get into the more specialized and entertainment awards: Post and Thread of the Year, Sig of the Year, SpursTalk Saying/Word of the Year (something to credit the poster with the best tagline or for introducing a word to the SpursTalk lexicon), Spammy (for musical contribution and/or Nickleback baggery ), etc.

But I think we should probably start with the basics and then we can figure out all the other stuff as we go. Plus, it'll be a way to stretch it out over the Summer to keep SpursTalk with some fresh, entertaining material throughout.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I need criteria, folks.

I want to open an All-SpursTalk award nominations thread, but I need to know what the criteria should be. Should this be solely for Spurs fans; solely for posters contributions to the Spurs board; or should it just be who you believe are the 15 best posters/contributors to the board?

I intend on doing MVP/Poster of the Year award for the NBA forum, Club and something for Troll of the year, so how should we determine the All-SpursTalk Teams?

Thread Information