My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice. Now ship his ass out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chris Haynes ChrisBHaynes
    San Antonio Spurs star DeMar DeRozan has informed the franchise that he is opting into his $27.7 million player option for the 2020-21 season, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sorry. That was per Shams and Chris Haynes.

Spurs really need to get a high draft pick and young souls player in return for DeMar.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We stacked. Suck on that Finish Line.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice. Now ship his ass out.

Let’s all be real though, nothing is going to happen... at most Rudy Gay gets shipped or something.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DeRozan trade news would be like an early christmas gift. C'mon Brian Wright! Show us whatcha got!

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No not as most expected Some people said he had a chance of opting out regardless. Now i think he's going to play out this season and leave for nothing next year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Retiring a Spur

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No not as most expected Some people said he had a chance of opting out regardless. Now i think he's going to play out this season and leave for nothing next year.
    I don't think he was ever opting out... I'm pretty confident that either he or lma will be moved by the draft. 50-50 on both..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's a smart move on his end who knows how this offseason is going to go.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Retiring a Spur
    Definitely, dude is more likely to get a loyalty contract than being traded.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good for Sa in trades. The threat of losing him for nothing is now gone and ddr has less leverage. Still, I thought he was willing to walk if Sa couldn’t find a S&T.

They may already have a deal though and DDR is fine with it and doesn’t have to leave in FA

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think it showed that Demar plays better in a lineup that includes Keldon Johnson than he does in one that includes Bryn Forbes.

White, DDR, KJ, Walker and LMA is a pretty decent starting five. No Forbes and less Patty, a couple more small pieces here and there, and the Spurs are a much better team than last year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Retiring a Spur

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Definitely, dude is more likely to get a loyalty contract than being traded.
    Ah, a Pau Gasol deal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So does bode well for a trade happening more likely?

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think it showed that Demar plays better in a lineup that includes Keldon Johnson than he does in one that includes Bryn Forbes.

White, DDR, KJ, Walker and LMA is a pretty decent starting five. No Forbes and less Patty, a couple more small pieces here and there, and the Spurs are a much better team than last year.
    Spurs are a lottery team regardless. They should be trying hard to tank this year. To that end, keeping demar around for another year might be the best outcome. No one can sabotage the Spurs' chances of winning like demar can.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So does bode well for a trade happening more likely?
    Big picture it seems SA and DDR are both ready for a trade. It helps SA some as they control it now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

F that, Choppa. Ship his ass out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still opting in before the draft makes me think something is up. I’m fine bringing him back. He was good in the bubble. Good mentor and teammate.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    called it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    F that, Choppa. Ship his ass out.
    I 100% agree. I'm just playing devil's advocate in the event we're stuck with him this year. Knowing our FO's propensity to sit on their hands I suppose my expectations for moving him or LMA are low.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I liked how DDR adjusted his play in the bubble: he was efficient, he picked his moments and spots on offense and concentrated on getting his teammates shots and buckets. Power Forward, however, was clearly not his best spot as a defender. I still think Aldridge is the more tradeable asset, because of his versatility in spreading the floor, still competent post offense and shooting, besides decent rim protection. If the Spurs get a pure SF or a SF-PF in a Aldridge trade, they should keep DDR as a way to groom the young talent. Maybe later in the season he can be a trade asset whom a contender can target, if the Spurs dont move the needle from this season's No 10/11 position. Till that point of time, White, DDR, Keldon, Lyles & Poeltl isn't a bad starting lineup. Would be great if the Spurs get someone like Gordon Hayward for LMA.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think he was ever opting out... I'm pretty confident that either he or lma will be moved by the draft. 50-50 on both..
    I'm not talking about you but there were posters saying that he would opt out no matter what. That he would even take less money to leave if he had to. All I'm saying is that i don't believe everything people post on here as inside info. You have a good track record of giving credible information others not so much.

Thread Information