Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is a weird thread. There's a few autists in the political forum that are mucking up the place with their constant shot posting. But the overall level of trolling has gone down imho. It's way less trollish than ST circa 2006-2010

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't concern myself with what casual NBA fans think and you shouldn't either tbqhwy
    I was speaking to LJ.. He might care. He's putting so much into this site.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You think neph would have played for us last year more than 25 games? He would have sat out and made everyone miserable, even you already miserable insufferable "fans."

Try looking at the Spurs run as something to be appreciated rather than defecated upon. That's not to say everything is sunshine and rose petals. But your first inclination should not to be to torch the thing down. This team has achieved unparalleled success in sports history. Good thing you aren't a "fan" of another team like the 76ers or even Celtics or Lakers.

Grow the up and cheer your team on. They are in good, no great, hands.
    Oh don't mind @TD 21, he's pretended to know what the he's been talking about for years on here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you guys think his actual name is Tim?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Christ can one guy on our team finish a gimme paint shot

Edit: oops wrong thread agree with what someone said that it’d be nice to also be able to ignore quotes that people we’re ignoring are mentioned in

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was speaking to LJ.. He might care. He's putting so much into this site.
    good point. he's a solid guy I wouldn't wanna anything up for him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whats the point of coming to this forum right now? I mean really? I come out of habit and to read LJ's posts, but really other the stuff he posts there's not much that's good about this site. There are a few other posters who put thoughts into what they post, but its a handful at best. During the offseason a few people post insider nuggets and thats nice too.

Its gotten to where other teams fans respect the Spurs more than the fans posting on this site do. I don't get what some of you enjoy about being so miserable that most of your posts are mocking certain parts of the team. Some of you never actually display anything normal people would consider fandom. I understand thinking that certain players are below average, but at the end of the day they're on the team you're rooting for and they're going to be there so why spend your entire time being miserable about them?

This site has always had plenty of trolling. But back in the day, it wasn't Spurs fans being toxic s torwards their own players but rather Mavs fans, Lakers fans, Suns fans, and other "rivals" that would come here and talk . Sometimes people would hate on certain players such as Richard Jefferson and Steve Smith but NOTHING like the level of ing people have now for some of the better players on this team. At some point it just gets ing insufferable.

Maybe i'm just getting old; thats certainly part of it. But honestly, a larger portion is definitely that there are just too many vocal miserable s on this site to make it worth spending all that much time here. I think its a good thing you've put the grades off the forum, LJ, because its good content but anyone coming to see them at least doesn't have to see a bunch of these dip s who add nothing spewing their bull .

And yeah, the casual racism and phobic is pretty awful.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agree. I've blocked some users because of there anti-semitic views.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Honestly the site has been fantastic since LJ came back. His game grades and write ups are very appreciated. The lack of moderation is part of the beauty of this place. If you want generic bull you can head over to realgm for that tbh

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ST has always melted down following losses to the Lakers, to be fair. There's been good discussion this season. ST will never be troll free like SpuReport or whatever it was called (does it still exist?) but there's legit Spurs discussion, even if you have to sometimes dig below the top level trolls, IMO.

-Tim

Beautiful!

If the price of getting rid of the trolls is genizing ST like 99% of the rest of the internet, I don't want any part of it.

I know this much - if I want to get Spurs information, this is the place I go. Tim becoming an assistant? Wondering if Derrick White was injured badly after that fall? Are the Spurs eyeballing some European prospect? Good luck finding as much information anywhwere else.

Recently, TIM has been writing some first-quality articles for the ST home page. So it's possible to go there for "pure" info, and then come here and sift through the troll poop to find other information. There's a lot of history and a lot of humor here. Admittedly, it's the Wild West, and not everyone enjoys the Wild West. But the people who do need a place to go, too.

But if anyone thinks it's really that different than in the deep, dark past, go find some old archived threads. If anything, the trolls were harder to recognize.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe i'm just getting old; thats certainly part of it. But honestly, a larger portion is definitely that there are just too many vocal miserable s on this site to make it worth spending all that much time here. I think its a good thing you've put the grades off the forum, LJ, because its good content but anyone coming to see them at least doesn't have to see a bunch of these dip s who add nothing spewing their bull .

So you're saying that the problem is that you're an elderly, gay Mexican who can't take a joke?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mr. VP’s articles are the only reason I’ve returned to this site. I’m glad everyone can be an asshole here and share their opinions, troll, family members, whatever Americans want to do. But I prefer Mr. VP’s thoughtful write ups to 90% of the en led trash that’s posted here. Tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You either have to block or fight back so the assholes know it's not appreciated.

I am not the blocking kind of person so I just call out the miserable haters and phobes each time I see it.

Also, lol @RD2 acting like he's not part of the problem on here.
    Shut your ass up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whats the point of coming to this forum right now? I mean really? I come out of habit and to read LJ's posts, but really other the stuff he posts there's not much that's good about this site. There are a few other posters who put thoughts into what they post, but its a handful at best. During the offseason a few people post insider nuggets and thats nice too.

Its gotten to where other teams fans respect the Spurs more than the fans posting on this site do. I don't get what some of you enjoy about being so miserable that most of your posts are mocking certain parts of the team. Some of you never actually display anything normal people would consider fandom. I understand thinking that certain players are below average, but at the end of the day they're on the team you're rooting for and they're going to be there so why spend your entire time being miserable about them?

This site has always had plenty of trolling. But back in the day, it wasn't Spurs fans being toxic s torwards their own players but rather Mavs fans, Lakers fans, Suns fans, and other "rivals" that would come here and talk . Sometimes people would hate on certain players such as Richard Jefferson and Steve Smith but NOTHING like the level of ing people have now for some of the better players on this team. At some point it just gets ing insufferable.

Joto

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The board is run by trolls. Everyone here is a ty toxic troll.

Still better than the PC forums where you can't even use cuss words or you get timed out. That is awful.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Perimeter defense in A

Woops thought I was in the game thread.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Everyone here is a ty toxic troll.

You're here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aye Spurstalk the places you've been to
    The things that you've shown us
    The stories you tell
    Aye Spurstalk, I sing to your spirit
    The trolls who have served you so long and so well

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn't want to play for the Spurs with fans like these.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manny and crying on a soapbox, name a more iconic duo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manny and crying on a soapbox, name a more iconic duo
    tbh. All these old school GTG gots need to hop on over to the Spurs reddit where they’ll find more comfort in fans that praise Patty Mills for his coffee buying abilities while us over here don’t sugar coat these losers who are just playing for paychecks and don’t really care for the fans themselves.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for the status quo update.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can still find discussions in a lot of posts and with certain posters. Sometimes I'll read certain posts and get educated, but most of the time I just come here to complain about the team or get hyped about the team. There are some pretty sad attempts at trolls too, which are actually hilarious.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s just the childish name calling and bickering like 12 year old siblings that I can’t stand. The blowing up after games and critisism of players is fine as everyone’s en led to their opinion- but when the same posters just drag a thread down with their flinging at each other it just makes me click away from the site. There are no extra points for winning a fight on the internet- give it up and discuss the topic at hand
    i forgot to mention just how much I appreciate the basketball analysis here though- for a true Spurs fan there isn’t anywhere else to find the experience and quality of quite a few of the posters around here. I remember years ago being at Spursreport- this here is levels above in quality. So kudos to those who discuss Bball, and a big thanks to TimVP and Kori for their quality pieces.

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    If you're looking for a safe space where Spurs fans circlejerk one another about how awesome the team is, you can hop on over to the Spurs reddit page. Any criticism of the team is frowned upon over there. Oh yeah, you're not allowed to say a negative thing about Demar either. Prepare for numerous downvotes if you dare say something derogatory about his game.

Thread Information