Page 27 of 141 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930313777127 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    Argentina must try do something after tactical changes at half-time. If Argentina doesn’t win . . . don’t see them passing to the eliminations phase. They should have kept Sabella after 2014, there was no reason for a change.
    He stepped down due to personal reasons, and it was later revealed he was struggling with health related issues, battling cancer first, and heart disease later. He died in 2020. Legend of a coach, who spent a lot of time as an assistant in very successful teams (90s River Plate) to coaches not at his level (Passarella, Gallego).

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    Oh, almost forgot...

Mexico
    LkrFan
    forever our children
    No se pudo

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Argentina vs Mexico 2:0

Messi with the first goal, great precision near impossible to stop for the GK. Mexico needs to win against the Saudis and other results too, complicated.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    He stepped down due to personal reasons, and it was later revealed he was struggling with health related issues, battling cancer first, and heart disease later. He died in 2020. Legend of a coach, who spent a lot of time as an assistant in very successful teams (90s River Plate) to coaches not at his level (Passarella, Gallego).
    RIP, too bad.

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    France, Brazil, Spain, Germany

Spain is going to win the whole thing.
    Germany needs to beat Spain tomorrow or they're out. France has been ok, but the injuries are definitely hurting them. We'll see what happens with Neymar in Brazil.

Spain is a great team, but they have a lot to prove, IMO.

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    Mexico needs to win against the Saudis and other results too, complicated.
    Not really.
    If Mexico beats the Saudis by 4+ goals they're guaranteed to advance irrespective of the Argentina Poland match. Maybe even 1st, more likely 2nd.
    If Mexico wins by 3 goals they're guaranteed to advance if Poland beats Argentina (by any score) or Argentina beats Poland by 2+ goals
    If Mexico wins by 1 or 2 goals, they need Poland to beat Argentina (by any score) or Argentina to beat Poland by 4+ or 3+ goals

So basically Mexico just needs to focus on winning by as wide a margin as they can. It's not out of the realm of possibility that they advance, especially considering the Saudis need to win as well, if they score first a few more may come in a flurry.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    DAF86 So sorry for the loss

My Team
    Club Tijuana
    Post Count
    Not really.
    If Mexico beats the Saudis by 4+ goals they're guaranteed to advance irrespective of the Argentina Poland match. Maybe even 1st, more likely 2nd.
    If Mexico wins by 3 goals they're guaranteed to advance if Poland beats Argentina (by any score) or Argentina beats Poland by 2+ goals
    If Mexico wins by 1 or 2 goals, they need Poland to beat Argentina (by any score) or Argentina to beat Poland by 4+ or 3+ goals

So basically Mexico just needs to focus on winning by as wide a margin as they can. It's not out of the realm of possibility that they advance, especially considering the Saudis need to win as well, if they score first a few more may come in a flurry.
    0 goals thru 2 matches

All of a sudden score 3 in the finale?

Saudis defense has really only given up 2 goals so far and 1 of them was a penalty.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Impact subs Alvarez and Enzo bailing out Pessi tbh…….
    Last edited by lefty; 11-26-2022 at 06:22 PM.

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    0 goals thru 2 matches

All of a sudden score 3 in the finale?

Saudis defense has really only given up 2 goals so far and 1 of them was a penalty.
    The Saudis have been very comfortable without the pressure to win. Now they don't have that luxury, and if Mexico opens the score, watch out.
    In any case, Mexico and Poland winning (by half a goal each) is enough for them to advance. That's far from impossible.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    DAF86 So sorry for the loss
    Dude, it isn't as funny as you think it is.

My Team
    France
    Post Count
    Germany needs to beat Spain tomorrow or they're out. France has been ok, but the injuries are definitely hurting them. We'll see what happens with Neymar in Brazil.

Spain is a great team, but they have a lot to prove, IMO.
    tbh it’s Brazil tournament to lose even without Neymar. Only team that can make it difficult is Spain… the rest of us is just punching ball

My Team
    France
    Post Count
    well I’d say it is quite funny tbh

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    I'm not Mexican, bro. I wasn't born in Mexico, I've never been to Mexico. lefty just made it up and repeated it 3 times trying to force its way in.
    Last edited by DAF86; 11-26-2022 at 08:04 PM.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    it’s funny cuz it’s true

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    tbh it’s Brazil tournament to lose even without Neymar. Only team that can make it difficult is Spain… the rest of us is just punching ball
    There’s not enough creativity without Neymar, since long time. I doubt Brazil can survive an elimination game vs a strong rival without Neymar.

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    There’s not enough creativity without Neymar, since long time. I doubt Brazil can survive an elimination game vs a strong rival without Neymar.
    What's the strong team here from what we've seen so far? Maybe Spain, but they played against nobody so far...

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    So far, for me it's France, Brazil & Spain in tier 1, with England a step below. Argentina would be a long shot, but we've seen stranger things happen, so we can only hope.

My Team
    Portugal
    Post Count
    Argentina still clear cut number 1, france and spain after that. Brazil was never a real contender and now with the injuries even less so tbh

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count

This is why I really want Argentina to win the group. Messi was clutch as today but against a quality opponent like France, Argentina will get rocked.

Argentina may beat Brazil though. They play them with a lot more confidence.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    They still have creative players tho, Vini, Paqueta, Antony

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    What's the strong team here from what we've seen so far? Maybe Spain, but they played against nobody so far...
    Argentina lost against a less than nobody team

My Team
    Club Tijuana
    Post Count
    No overall favorite anymore. Knockouts will be exciting. Will come down to injuries, yellow cards and 1 or 2 bounces.

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count
    France look the best to me but Australia and Denmark aren’t the best compe ion.

France and Brazil are top 2 as of today but knockouts may be another story

Thread Information