Page 112 of 141 FirstFirst ... 1262102108109110111112113114115116122 ... LastLast
Results 2,776 to 2,800 of 3523
    my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    --- Clubs
    Post Count
    Kane misses this time
    See my Champions league post.
    It was actually just as bad if not worse.

Crap the video got clunked.
    You cant get away with posting Euro content, they wont have it.

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count
    argies, how we feeling about Croatia?

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Portugal coach should have played Cristiano more. He came from an horrible season with United, Portugal really didn’t need him to face Switzerland, but today Ronaldo’s best form was missed. Though, maybe the age finally caught. Still think United damaged the reputation of so many strikers and great forwards. Come to mind Sánchez, Ibrahimovic, Lukaku, Cavani and finally Cristiano. All went for a top dollar salaries, then everything went wrong.

Bad timing for Ronaldo, finally it looks Messi is pulling up and may end being considered better, though the difference is very small, and both are far ahead of their contemporary players.

Veteran
    Post Count
    Croatia know how to manage the tempo, but I expect like. Brasil we will dominate the attack, just need to strike first,. I think we are better at managing the lead but have to get it first...

Obviously have way more respect for Croatia than weak ass Holland , it won't be easy.. but Croatia lacks firepower, our midfield is cagey too.. it'd be up to Messi and the rest of our attack to get that lead and hold on to it..

European teams outside of France and England have not shown any attacking strength it's up to Argentina to score first and avoid pks

I wasn't able to pay good attention to todays games but what I've seen of Morocco is that they play very compact, just as croatia willbe tough for us, so will Morocco for france

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Portugal coach should have played Cristiano more. He came from an horrible season with United, Portugal really didn’t need him to face Switzerland, but today Ronaldo’s best form was missed. Though, maybe the age finally caught. Still think United damaged the reputation of so many strikers and great forwards. Come to mind Sánchez, Ibrahimovic, Lukaku, Cavani and finally Cristiano. All went for a top dollar salaries, then everything went wrong.

Bad timing for Ronaldo, finally it looks Messi is pulling up and may end being considered better, though the difference is very small, and both are far ahead of their contemporary players.
    Lol son. Only a Madrid fan can say such things

Messi >>>>> Ronaldo, regardless of what happened on this WC.

My Team
    --- Clubs
    Post Count

So….

MC needs to think about picking up Ronaldo and just get rid of Haaland?
    Contemporary means playing at the same time.
    You think all the players playing now are still behind Messi and Ronaldo as they play now?

Wow… That is some bold scouting….

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    All games are tough at this stage, tbh. What I thought was interesting looking at Croatia was that if you watched the Netherlands game, DePaul locked up Frankie De Jong for 75 mins or so until he was replaced. Followed him around and didn't let him create anything for Netherlands.

I think that's the kind of approach they will need to take with Modric. Have one guy that's always paying attention to him. If we're frank, Croatia is a limited team offensively, that defends well. We just can't miss the chances Brazil missed, tbh.

On the good news side, I don't think Croatia has the tall folks Netherlands had, that hurt us.

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    Well, any team that got to this stage is dangerous, but if ahead of time you'd have told me to pick an opponent for the semis, sure as I'd have taken Croatia over France, Brazil, England, Portugal, Spain, and so on. So all in all, if we can't get past the Croatians, we have no business playing the championship game, plain and simṕle.
    He11, I'll go out on a limb: I'd even save a few key players with nagging injuries (De Paul, Di Maria, whomever is physically exhausted) at the risk of missing on the final game, because getting there at the expense of costing yourself most chances is not worth it. It's championship or bust for me, and against France we can't afford a depleted team.

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    You think all the players playing now are still behind Messi and Ronaldo as they play now?

Surely he means in terms of what they've achieved throughout their careers. No current player is likely to reach anywhere near the heights either Messi or Ronaldo have even if, at present time, they can play at their level (or higher)... with the possible (yet unlikely) exception of Mbappé.

My Team
    --- Clubs
    Post Count
    Surely he means in terms of what they've achieved throughout their careers. No current player is likely to reach anywhere near the heights either Messi or Ronaldo have even if, at present time, they can play at their level (or higher)... with the possible (yet unlikely) exception of Mbappé.
    oh so it’s basically statistical?

He says Messi is pulling up to Ronaldo from a statistical and trophy point of view because Messi is not degrading as fast.
    And the players playing now will not eventually reach their numbers.

The soccer forum has had a penchant for still just looking at these two players long past their prime capability.

My Team
    --- Clubs
    Post Count
    It’s was probably a Real v. Barca thing to start with.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Lol son. Only a Madrid fan can say such things

Messi >>>>> Ronaldo, regardless of what happened on this WC.
    Well with the outcome known one could say such a thing, but it was crazy to have the GOAT or near GOAT on the bench all time, expecting to enter last 45 minutes vs Marocco and turn the game over. I think Santos made a mistake there and no disrespect to other Portugal strikers that are surely good, but no one anywhere what Ronaldo can do even at this stage of his career. And I’m pretty sure if he finds a good team, his career will become better as did of most star forwards United discarded.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    So….

MC needs to think about picking up Ronaldo and just get rid of Haaland?
    Contemporary means playing at the same time.

Contemporary would mean prime for prime. How many Champions leagues has Haaland helped win the City or how many Ballon’s D’Or has he so far? In a better team, Cris would make 30 goals in a season even now. But international football is like that, it’s a “selection” most players are good, if you come from a bad season where you don’t even play at club, it’s complicated. But still think Santos made a mistake, hence Portugal went earlier home than it should.

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    Even though i brought up the fact the ref was from Argentina before the match, you can't blame any of his decisions for the way things played out for Portugal. Refereeing seemed fair.

Portugal had over an half of football, then stoppage time against 10, to come up with one measly goal against an inferior opponent playing against the ropes and they couldn't even do that. So they deserved to get sent home.

I've praised Santos for his adjustments, but i believe the period of grace he has been enjoying since the Euro 2016 win is over. It's been 6 years and the team is just too stacked to go to waste and to be losing to the likes of Morocco in the quarter finals. It's time for a new manager with fresh ideas. Preferably a young coach, with a different and modern mindset. Someone who can take full advantage of the team's stacked offensive power and doesn't play so scared and timid all the time.

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    It's hard to bet against France, they are the clear cut favorites.

On the other hand, Argentina just seems to have that lucky star on their side that makes champions.

Reminds me of Portugal in 2016, where almost every bounce of the ball and decision went their way in very tight matches.

If Argentina makes the final and frustrates France by not allowing an early or first half goal, Argentina should feel good about their chances heading into the latter stages of the match.

My Team
    --- Clubs
    Post Count
    Contemporary would mean prime for prime. How many Champions leagues has Haaland helped win the City or how many Ballon’s D’Or has he so far? In a better team, Cris would make 30 goals in a season even now. But international football is like that, it’s a “selection” most players are good, if you come from a bad season where you don’t even play at club, it’s complicated. But still think Santos made a mistake, hence Portugal went earlier home than it should.
    Contemporary means during the same time. Prime for prime… ??

Just drop the word contemporary and I get you… I think?

You don’t think anyone playing currently will achieve (in the future), the trophies, awards, and level of play that Ronaldo and Messi have.

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    The main concerning issue for Argentina is their youth. First world cup for a lot of players in the team, and I think the jitters we saw against the Saudis in the first game and towards the end of the Netherland game have a lot to do with that.

No doubt this is an extremely talented and deep team, but you can pay a price for the lack of experience. On the other hand, this is a great way to earn that experience for all those young kids to see what it takes to make it far in the World Cup.

My Team
    Club Tijuana
    Post Count

My Team
    FC Bayern Munich
    Post Count
    2 African teams in the semis
    Only one. Rest are all european.

My Team
    Club Tijuana
    Post Count
    Semi Final

2 great fights. Defensive touch to both matches

My Team
    Club Tijuana
    Post Count
    I watched the 2nd Half at the bar

My Team
    Club Tijuana
    Post Count
    Kane epic miss

2nd penalty him shooting I didn't like.

My Team
    France
    Post Count
    This game against England showed how much we miss Lucas, Theo is better offensively but in defense dude makes dumb mistakes, dat foul on mount ffs

Veteran
    Post Count

so did FIFA investigate England here? Did the world press treat them as sore winners?

did all the neutral fans hate on spain for this classless celebration??

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/6bYPkXU80Uc

how about this one from this world cup, i dont recall anyone here being upset about it...

its ok to say you hate argentina or their players, no need to make up bull reasons

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Worldwide media has some agenda always, even in sports. Wouldn’t take them seriously, only facts maybe, comments are all heavily biased.

Thread Information