Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516 LastLast
    My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    The point is App St. passed up multiple opportunities to take a much easier 2pt shot, but instead chucked a 3pt shot much like Todays NBA. Result? They lost by 1. Why not take the much easier open 2pt shot instead of shooting 16% from the 3pt line. If you know you are shooting horrible from 3's, go back to a nice 2pt attempt. Dont just chuck 28 shots from the 3pt line when your whole team is ting it up from out there.

The real NBA and real Basketball > Todays NBA = Todays Basketball
    lol ok

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lebomb is trolling tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lebomb is trolling tbh
    Nope, Ive played basketball in HS and in college, 30 and over leagues as well. I have multiple acquaintances that played ball in HS and college that have the same view as lebomb. I realize its all a matter of opinion, but IMHO there is way too much chuckin, especially from 3pt that is going on today. Defense is really not defense anymore. Its run beside the opposing player and try not to brush against that niggra.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    Nope, Ive played basketball in HS and in college, 30 and over leagues as well. I have multiple acquaintances that played ball in HS and college that have the same view as lebomb. I realize its all a matter of opinion, but IMHO there is way too much chuckin, especially from 3pt that is going on today. Defense is really not defense anymore. Its run beside the opposing player and try not to brush against that niggra.
    speaking in the 3rd person

true sign of gotry

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

The Rock says this...

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Today's NBA fanboy not gonna be talked into the fact that the game has become a joke.
    They'll just tell you how much more athletic players are and think that's the end of it.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Rudy Gobert would dominate you

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Today's NBA fanboy not gonna be talked into the fact that the game has become a joke.
    They'll just tell you how much more athletic players are and think that's the end of it.
    and yesterday NBA. will keep rehashing the same “argument” : muh physicality”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Best team basketball ever played was probably Spurs last championship taking out vaunted Heat with supreme ball movement, ala the beautiful game, and great defense and only some 3s.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Best team basketball ever played was probably Spurs last championship taking out vaunted Heat with supreme ball movement, ala the beautiful game, and great defense and only some 3s.
    The Warriors also had beautiful ball movement

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Steve Kerr is a copycat head coach.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For sure for sure

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For sure for sure
    I totally agree with all of this, and this continues to validate my point. Great ball movement with good shooters and selective 3pt shots wins. Not every team is the 2014 Spurs and GSW in terms of passing and shooting ability. So teams chuckin 3's all game long praying you can outscore the other team is not very good basketball.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    I totally agree with all of this, and this continues to validate my point. Great ball movement with good shooters and selective 3pt shots wins. Not every team is the 2014 Spurs and GSW in terms of passing and shooting ability. So teams chuckin 3's all game long praying you can outscore the other team is not very good basketball.
    literally every champion ever does that

yet your revisionist history has you thinking that every team in the league in the 80s-90s played championship basketball, when that's simply not true. only a few did and the rest tried weird gimmicks or simply played whatever the popular style was for that time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Exactly

In the 90s a couple of teams tried to implement the triangle offense, including Jim Cleamons (who worked with Phil and Tex) when he was the head coach of some team

It just didn't work because they didn't havethe right personnel

Not everybody could play like the 90s Rockets or the 80s Lakers

So yes every era ha the team with theur own signature le style and gave birth to mediocre copycats

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Exactly

In the 90s a couple of teams tried to implement the triangle offense, including Jim Cleamons (who worked with Phil and Tex) when he was the head coach of some team

It just didn't work because they didn't havethe right personnel

Not everybody could play like the 90s Rockets or the 80s Lakers

So yes every era ha the team with theur own signature le style and gave birth to mediocre copycats
    True, but the entire NBA is trying to copycat the GSW with their 3pt chuckin. It worked for them because they are superb shooters from the 3.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    True, but the entire NBA is trying to copycat the GSW with their 3pt chuckin. It worked for them because they are superb shooters from the 3.
    just like the triangle worked for the bulls because they had the right players

and bullyball worked for detroit because they actually had skilled scorers to carry the offense

and fastbreaking worked for the lakers because they had magic and athletes to run and finish

and there were always a bunch of unsuccessful copycats that were sloppy and/or painful to watch. its always been the same, the only thing that has changed are the schemes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh I'm not denying that and I agree, it sucks when teams try to imitate the best teams , instead of developing their own iden y

I'm just saying it happens in every era

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Truth to that

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bumped for Millennial_Messiah disgust with Todays NBA.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some good stuff in this though.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    17 techs for suspension. Another gay rule.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rudy Gobert would dominate you

Barkley telling Shaq he wouldn't even be in the league today.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    And Shaq is so damn sensitive

Thread Information