My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What do yall think of this? I didnt realize DeMar can opt after this season. I suppose we could see how the season goes till the trade deadline and if it isnt working out we could trade him? IDK
    https://airalamo.com/2019/05/31/san-...bility-future/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Spurs extend DD from 2020 season onwards, where he will sign a deal similar to LMA (hopefully a tad cheaper) and therefore give spurs more space entering the 2020 offseason.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Spurs extend DD from 2020 season onwards, where he will sign a deal similar to LMA (hopefully a tad cheaper) and therefore give spurs more space entering the 2020 offseason.
    If the Spurs re-sign DeRozan I will start taking people's lives.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, DDR has a player option for '20 - '21. His contract is for $27.7 million per season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Having cap space is only half the battle. You still need free agents that want to play here and a front office that doesn't blow it all on European or G-league scrubs. Every year, usually Chinook, someone brings up the future cap space and all the possibilities and by the end of that year, the realization that none of that is going to happen sets in.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Get him all ed up on anti-depressants and booze and have him sign his paperwork to opt out after next season

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Too lazy to read but does the article take into account all the incoming hamstringing loyalty contracts?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dumb article..they will blow most of the "future capspace" on resigning DD and Rudy...like another poster said..the Spurs are not going to go anywhere until pop is out..it's funny how pop and co seem happy to give all of these contracts to do the right thing by the player, for example gasol, which absolutely ham string our capspace, because God forbid we look bad to pending free agents....the thing is we NEVER sign any big time FA's. LA is the only "star" player to come here on his own. PATFO will never admit it was a horrible trade and instead of trying to rectify the mistake, they make it worse with all these overpays. Everyone should have known KL was going to split when the FO spent $16 mil a year on gasol and $12 mil on patty instead of trying to get a third player to go along with KL and LA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Water is also wet

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    let's be grateful that Mills is still on the books for 2 more years. Of course this article doesn't factor in the Rudy Gay 34 million for 2 years loyalty contract that's about to come up. Spurs might sign a washed up vet in 2020

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even LA, our "big" FA acquisition, mainly came here because his daughter lives in San Antonio...And STILL asked for a trade a few years in

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It may sound childish but I think our monochrome color scheme and spartan arena play a small role too

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It may sound childish but I think our monochrome color scheme and spartan arena play a small role too
    No one major signed with us when we had the Fiesta colors, either.

Kori's nightmare SpurOutofTownFan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well you should start planning now because they will resign him, most likely scenario.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well you should start planning now because they will resign him, most likely scenario.
    Where do you live, tbh?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes. I think an extension is coming as well. They can't get another star and they traded nephew to be compe ive. I don't see a trade w/ DDR that'll bring Spurs anything they want.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you remember DeRozan chucking the ball at the ref in game 4 and getting tossed.

That play eliminated any chance RC extends his contract. They will tolerate a lot, but that type of buffoonery at the highest stakes portion of a season does work in SA.

Point of fact they let go a solid rotational player in Stephen Jackson on the eve of the 2013 run for just his at ude. DeRozan has too many red flags to continue his place on the roster, much less the cornerstone of the team.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "And right now, the Spurs only have around $4 million committed to their 2021-22 roster".

That's a true statement. But it doesn't mean a whole lot, unless the Spurs are going to start from scratch. White, Murray, Forbes, and Poeltl are going to get paid, unless the Spurs decide to just let them go. They'll have two rookie contracts from this season (unless they trade them away), and at least one from each of the next two seasons. And they aren't going to fill the rest of their roster with players on 1-year contracts.

Timing is everything. If you don't believe that Aldridge and DDR are going to be re-signed (and carry the team) in that 20-21 season, then you need to trade at least one of them now. The "stay the course" strategy worked as long as there was a Tim Duncan and, to a lesser degree, Tony and Manu. Now they need to commit to the kind of change they want to bank on. Either commit to maximum cap space, or commit by making a trade or two now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you remember DeRozan chucking the ball at the ref in game 4 and getting tossed.

That play eliminated any chance RC extends his contract. They will tolerate a lot, but that type of buffoonery at the highest stakes portion of a season does work in SA.

Point of fact they let go a solid rotational player in Stephen Jackson on the eve of the 2013 run for just his at ude. DeRozan has too many red flags to continue his place on the roster, much less the cornerstone of the team.
    This isn't the same Spurs team. They need all the "talent" they can get after losing the HoF'ers, Kawhi, and being a team in San Antonio. They will do whatever it takes to resign all of these turds to fill the bench then claim it was for the culture and out of loyalty.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

just following Pop's example and getting another technical late in the game, non issue

Thread Information