Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    timvp does Pop get a B- tonight?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All it took was 2 seasons of the spurs missing the playoffs for spurs fans to turn on Pop lmao y’all spoiled

Emperor Duncan>>>>>King James tim_duncan_fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The word "tenacious" can not be used to describe any player on this team. Not one. All scared.

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    Amazing that this is the same organization that played the beautiful game and inspired the GSW's play style which in turn changed the NBA. Hard to believe really.
    You can thank Budenholzer for that change. Back when we had assistants that pushed back against the old man. If it was up to Pop, Spurs would have circled the drain playing like the 2010 Spurs until the big three retired instead of reinventing themselves in 2011

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Pels winning three more games is a stretch for me, they've looked like as much as the Spurs. Kings have been playing well as of late so I could see them passing the Spurs. That win in NO is gonna be the difference.
    That's fair... I think they have a shot against Charlotte, Memphis, GS, and the Lakers in the season finale.. they need 3 of those..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All it took was 2 seasons of the spurs missing the playoffs for spurs fans to turn on Pop lmao y’all spoiled
    I turned on Pop long before that tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's fair... I think they have a shot against Charlotte, Memphis, GS, and the Lakers in the season finale.. they need 3 of those..
    They win maybe one of those tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't get it...

Ideally....What is this team's iden y? What are we supposed to do well? What's the playstyle? Hit twos and sometimes play D?
    Once Johnson and Murray three point shot became inconsistent, the wheels fell off the iden y of the team..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol Spurs were told for years to get long and athletic.

Pop must've thought that's the ONLY skillset those players should have.

He forgot you have to score too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Missing the playoffs happens, but this team hasn't looked prepared for a game once in the last 3 years.

Is that hyperbole? Barely.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Channing Frye and GA saying on NBATV what everyone else who isn't a Pop-slurping homer or casual can see:

This is a personnel problem, and you can't win playing like this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's one of the greatest coaches ever, but he's been doing his own version of Kobe's last year in the NBA the last two years. Literally wouldn't have changed the success of the team much if he retired two years ago.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Channing Frye and GA saying on NBATV what everyone else who isn't a Pop-slurping homer or casual can see:

You have to at least try to move the ball and take open 3s.

They won't even try.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol Spurs were told for years to get long and athletic.

Pop must've thought that's the ONLY skillset those players should have.

He forgot you have to score too.
    who cares about making shots when you can have culture and buy teammates coffee?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You have to at least try to move the ball and take open 3s.

They won't even try.
    Pick and roll, drive, pass, pick and roll, drive, pass, pass, pass, chuck up a contested two at the end of the shotclock.

The Beautiful Game.

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    Once Johnson and Murray three point shot became inconsistent, the wheels fell off the iden y of the team..
    They never had a consistent three point shot to begin with. Keldon missed the first twenty threes he took in G League last year. Murray has never been able to shoot reliably

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    who cares about making shots when you can have culture and buy teammates coffee?
    Some things are more important than doing what you're actually paid to do.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think we've got 5 good 3pt shooters for next season - 1) White 2) Samanic 3) Walker 4) Vassell 5) Johnson

Them along with Dieng and a FA shooter hopefully will allow the team to move on from Gay and Patty Mills.

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    Pick and roll, drive, pass, pick and roll, drive, pass, pass, pass, chuck up a contested two at the end of the shotclock.

The Beautiful Game.
    No coincidence, we started playing this way the season after Manu's retirement. Coincides with Depression joining the roster

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    He's one of the greatest coaches ever, but he's been doing his own version of Kobe's last year in the NBA the last two years. Literally wouldn't have changed the success of the team much if he retired two years ago.
    This is spot on

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No coincidence, we started playing this way the season after Manu's retirement. Coincides with Depression joining the roster
    It's basically an offense that replicates the ty, post 2014 version of Tony Parker. Dribble dribble mid range clank, no 3 point shot, and ty defense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think we've got 5 good 3pt shooters for next season - 1) White 2) Samanic 3) Walker 4) Vassell 5) Johnson

Them along with Dieng and a FA shooter hopefully will allow the team to move on from Gay and Patty Mills.
    The only good three point shooter you listed is Walker tbh. The other four are mediocre to decent, with White being a high-volume 3-pt shooter. Spurs either need to see solid improvement from two of those guys or draft/sign someone who can while not being DePression/Mills-level bad on defense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The Spuds don’t really have a roster they have an accretion.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Luckily didn't get to watch any of this catastrophe until the last minutes but this Tre Jones beauty must've been the sole highlight. I like this kid a lot

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Everyone knew after the big 3 retired we would be ed, it sucks that the spurs haven’t tanked for there next potential franchise player but your not guaranteed to find that player when you tank either

Thread Information