Thanks
    Lol excuses !
    He can not make a basket down 3 only when up

......................... mystargtr34's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    G'day mate. Also, the Warriors.
    How are you mate? Been a while. Still in Perth area?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    These Warriors historically set the tone in the Steve Kerr era (27-2 in Game 1s before Thursday) with notable exceptions — in 2016 against Oklahoma City and the 2019 Finals against Toronto.
    Darn, didn't realize that was their game 1 record. As a mentioned a few posts above on the previous page, should have also been down 0-1 against the Spurs in 2017 if not for Kawhi being taken out. I really wanted to see how they would go being down in a series when at full strength. The OKC series they should have lost if not for the Thunder's choke in game 6 & 7, and they lost the Raptors series, but had both KD and Klay were injured in that one (The Raptors series was interesting as I thought with KD out it was finally a level playing field where they didn't have a major advantage, but then when Klay went out, the Raptors had the advantage. I really wanted to see how the series would have went without just one of KD or Klay as I felt that would have been a level playing field for once). I guess we will now see how they respond being down against Boston to start the series as this is finally a level playing field as far as the Warriors not being stacked when they had KD.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dubrefs already in full effect

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    these phantom calls

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boston still looking comfortable. If they maintain a lead in the next half, GS will start to tighten up and choke.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wonder if we’ll see first ejection in the 2nd half. Thinking its gonna get chippier the longer the Celtics stay close

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Celtics down 30. Still think the warriors* win this series in 6 or 7. Celtics’ offense is just hot ing garbage far too often.
    Last edited by BatManu20; 06-05-2022 at 09:28 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Celtics down 30. Still think they win this series in 6 or 7. Celtics’ offense is just hot ing garbage far too often.
    I haven't been watching the game but what happened? Judging by the box scores it was neck and neck until the third quarter. The Celtics shot poorly according to boxscores was that because of the Warriors defense or were they just missing open shots?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Celtics were never running good offense, just iso plays hitting tough contested shots. You could see the collapse coming

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m guessing everyone is ready to crown the Warriors again cause they won a game they should have won. Honestly this series is still a toss up to me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Celtics have a good chance of winning this series cause Klay is stinking it up. They just have to find ways to get easier buckets in the paint

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Refs allowed raymond to hack away early-

then- any other player in the nba would have gotten a double T when raymond and jaylen brown went at it

refs knew green had one T and looked the other way per par

but we knew this was coming

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Celtics have a good chance of winning this series cause Klay is stinking it up. They just have to find ways to get easier buckets in the paint
    I gave the Celtics a 50-50 shot before the series started and still have it at 50-50.

Klay to me is washed in the sense that he's no longer a star. He's been like this for the whole entire playoffs. He will have 1 or 2 good games per a series and then will just be average to mediocre. It reminds me of how Rudy Gay would look like an all-star for the Spurs for 2-3 games and then go back to just being average for the next 7 games. You don't ever comeback 100 percent from an Achilles tendon injury. The only guys I have seen that came close to 100 was Dominique and Durant.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Smart, Williams and Horford total 6 points.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

then- any other player in the nba would have gotten a double T when raymond and jaylen brown went at it

I was watching an interview with Rasheed Wallace, Bonzi and Tim Donaghy the other day and what stood out to me is when Sheed asked him directly "Did the league tell you directly to help certain teams and players win." Donaghy's response was "No it wasn't direct but it's more subtle. For example they will send us a memo before every game that will say something like player X is getting away with hacking and needs to be called for fouls or player Y is getting hacked and should be shooting more freethrows." I believe the league sends out the memo to the refs that Draymond is not to be ejected out of a game unless he actually punches a player in the face. Short of that he only gets 1 tech and other situations you don't assess him a tech.

I just don't believe these refs are that stupid and incompetent.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Yup. I noticed this in the series against the Grizzlies too.
    even some media are mentioning it.

Last edited by SAGirl; 06-05-2022 at 11:21 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I rarely criticize officiating, but at that 1st half, which conveniently came as the Warriors, the league/media darlings, were struggling in a virtual must win game.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yup. I noticed this in the series against the Grizzlies too.
    even some media are mentioning it.
    He's protected by the league and he knows it. If he didn't play on the most popular team in the league he would be getting tossed out of games left and right. There is always that one guy who benefits greatly from playing on a popular team in which the refs favor. I remember that was the case with Dennis Rodman when he was with the Bulls granted he was more skilled than Draymond but he got away with more then he would have had he played for a team like Sacramento. I still remember when Rodman played for the Mavs he was getting thrown out of games quicker than he did when he was with the bulls for doing the same things he used to get away with the bulls. The same applies to Draymond. I'm looking forward to seeing him end his career on a ty team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ime got a tech instead for complaining

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    watch highlights of the game...draymond green shouldve been fouled out by the end of the 3rd quarter, fkn clown gets away with too much on the floor with his moving screens and holding players from chasing offensive player or getting back up

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was watching an interview with Rasheed Wallace, Bonzi and Tim Donaghy the other day and what stood out to me is when Sheed asked him directly "Did the league tell you directly to help certain teams and players win." Donaghy's response was "No it wasn't direct but it's more subtle. For example they will send us a memo before every game that will say something like player X is getting away with hacking and needs to be called for fouls or player Y is getting hacked and should be shooting more freethrows." I believe the league sends out the memo to the refs that Draymond is not to be ejected out of a game unless he actually punches a player in the face. Short of that he only gets 1 tech and other situations you don't assess him a tech.

I just don't believe these refs are that stupid and incompetent.
    Got a link to that interview? Haven't seen Bonzi in ages. Are they doing some sort of podcast, or was it just a one off interview?

Really bad game from the Celtics last night. I am trying to figure out if they were just satisfied with winning game one and maybe they thought the Warriors would just roll over. It's like they didn't come out to play, but also, the refs really do have more control of a game than some people like to admit/believe. If a game is called a certain way, it can affect the outcome. I'll use game 6 in 2012 (Spurs Vs OKC). Stephen Jackson was on fire, Spurs had a 20+ point lead in OKC at halftime, Stephen hits another big three pointer in the third quarter and looks over to the OKC bench where I am pretty sure there was OKC player/s jawing/talking crap to him, yet he gets called the the technical, but no-one on the bench does (if any remembers the incident, please do tell me what you recall happening). Then in the 4th quarter it's nothing but touch foul after touch foul on the Spurs (I am sure on one of them, the Spurs player didn't even make contact), and before you know it, the OKC comeback is on and the Spurs couldn't do anything right from that point on.

I am also a little worried about whether or not the Celtics have the offensive depth to keep up with the Warriors' offensive depth. The Celtics defense is very good, can't knock them on that side of the ball, but on offense, not sure if they have the offensive depth to keep up with the Warriors scoring. The Celtics need to hit back hard and win game 3. They gotta keep the Warriors down in the series IMO if they want to impose their will and make them crumble. I hope the Celtics come out ready in game three and win the game to put the Warriors down a game again.
    Last edited by Ice009; 06-06-2022 at 03:37 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So Steve Javie stated that Draymond's action would've been a technical foul if he didn't already have one, but the officials aren't supposed to issue a 2nd T if the offense isn't enough to warrant ejection. So then what the heck is the point of the two tech ejection rule? An action that warrants ejection will result in an ejection either way, wouldn't it? Seems like all the rule accomplishes is to give a dirty player a safety net from picking up t's and giving up freethrows.

Also funny how once the game was in the bag for GS, the refs completed turned things around in garbage time and started giving boston a bunch of freethrows to even out the disparity. Predictable fix. Reminded me of how they used to always pull that with the Durant era OKC team. The NBA is annoying.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So Steve Javie stated that Draymond's action would've been a technical foul if he didn't already have one, but the officials aren't supposed to issue a 2nd T if the offense isn't enough to warrant ejection. So then what the heck is the point of the two tech ejection rule? An action that warrants ejection will result in an ejection either way, wouldn't it? Seems like all the rule accomplishes is to give a dirty player a safety net from picking up t's and giving up freethrows.

Also funny how once the game was in the bag for GS, the refs completed turned things around in garbage time and started giving boston a bunch of freethrows to even out the disparity. Predictable fix. Reminded me of how they used to always pull that with the Durant era OKC team. The NBA is annoying.
    I found the podcast Daslicer was referring to and watched it all https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yk0dZ-ZsuM0

Tim Donaghy will explain the BS the NBA does. Supposedly this was cleaned up, but if you look at the NBA now, you can still see some of the stuff happening that Tim Donaghy is talking about. The Draymond thing is a prime example of it, and also Steve Javie isn't the best guy to take advice from as he's one of the refs that Tim said was at the top of Stern's list for calling crucial games when they needed something to go a certain way. Bavetta, Joey Crawford, Steve Javie were the guys the NBA had refereeing games when they wanted to pull some shady like extending series. I remember talking about specific referees names here 10+ years ago as when you saw that name before a game, you knew you were not going to get favourable calls.

I am now certain that game 6 against OKC in 2012 was a screw job. Games in the Spurs Vs Mavericks 2006 series (I think game 3 & 4 especially were refereed a certain way), also Dallas was screwed over in the finals that year. 2000, Portland against Lakers (although Rasheed admitted he takes some of the blame as the Blazers missed 13 shots in a row and 8 of the misses were from himself, so he said he could have made some of those shots), and another off the top of my head and maybe the most blatant of all - the 2002 Kings Vs Lakers was another game I remember that it felt and looked like it was blatantly called in favour of one team.
    Last edited by Ice009; 06-06-2022 at 08:11 AM.

Thread Information