Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://www.nba.com/spurs/matt-bonner...s-tv-broadcast

MATT BONNER JOINS SAN ANTONIO SPURS TV BROADCAST
    Former Spurs Forward Will Make His TV Debut as a Studio Analyst on Tuesday, Jan. 10 When the Spurs Host the Milwaukee Bucks

SAN ANTONIO (Jan. 6, 2017) – The San Antonio Spurs announced today that former Spurs forward Matt Bonner will join the TV broadcast team as a studio analyst. Bonner will team up with Andrew Monaco in the studio for all Spurs produced home broadcasts and select road contests. The Spurs host the Milwaukee Bucks at the AT&T Center on Tuesday, Jan. 10 and Bonner will make his Spurs TV debut on FOX Sports Southwest’s “Spurs Live” pre-game show at 7 p.m.
    Interesting. Does Matty still live in SA? I though his home was somewhere in New England.

Thanks.

EDIT: I guess its New Hampshire.
    Last edited by BillMc; 01-06-2017 at 02:29 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://www.nba.com/spurs/matt-bonner...s-tv-broadcast

MATT BONNER JOINS SAN ANTONIO SPURS TV BROADCAST
    Former Spurs Forward Will Make His TV Debut as a Studio Analyst on Tuesday, Jan. 10 When the Spurs Host the Milwaukee Bucks

SAN ANTONIO (Jan. 6, 2017) – The San Antonio Spurs announced today that former Spurs forward Matt Bonner will join the TV broadcast team as a studio analyst. Bonner will team up with Andrew Monaco in the studio for all Spurs produced home broadcasts and select road contests. The Spurs host the Milwaukee Bucks at the AT&T Center on Tuesday, Jan. 10 and Bonner will make his Spurs TV debut on FOX Sports Southwest’s “Spurs Live” pre-game show at 7 p.m.
    Right move..Stay close enough to the organisation so one day he could climb in the hierarchy..I mean, was Sean Marks more qualified?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for posting. I couldn't watch it on Twitter for some reason. It's sad how straight that video is played.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gotta love Matty's sense of humor.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thank you Red Rocket. It wasn't always easy but you were a damn good shooter, teammate, and locker room/off-the-court guy ( , maybe the best off-the-court Spur of all time); you even played a big role in helping the Spurs win #5. Thank you for everything, Matty!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You bunch of peckerwoods

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Thanks for the Coach B videos tbh

Nuttin' in these bitches philldafunk's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I never understand how this board will roast a guy for years, then come together for a kumbaya upon their retirement?!?!?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great guy. As a sharpshooting role player, and an energy guy off the bench, he was great. He would come into the game, pop a 3 or two, and maybe steal a couple of rebounds, and change the momentum. He deserved to get paid, and he was in demand. But I think the higher salary (and cap) made them feel like he had to have an upgraded role. It didn't do him or the team any favors. A lot of the hate around here has to do with the expectations of him as a starting big. He also had a couple of nasty leg/foot injuries that changed his stroke. The difference between a decent 3P shooter and a great 3P shooter is pretty slim. After the injuries, he was never a great 3P shooter again.

He will be great as an analyst, and I expected the Spurs organization to find a way to keep him around. Good news all the way around.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let's face it, Matt during his later years wasn't the best on-the-court guy. But he was definitely a great locker room guy, off the court guy. He was the definition of a Spur. Never complained about playing time. Never demanded a trade or anything. He knew his role. If they retire his jersey, it's because he personifies what it means to wear a Spurs jersey.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder if KG is going to come back for a year so that he and Matt don't go into the Hall together.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So glad he'll be doing analysis for FSSW! A class act and two-time NBA Champion! Thank you Red Rocket!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In Spurs history, Matt Bonner is 8th in games played (632), 4th in 3PTM (656) and 3PTA (1588), 5th in 3PT% (.413), and 10th in True Shooting Percentage (.584). He authored the 2nd best three point percentage shooting season in Spurs history in 2010-11 (.457) and still has the #1 Offensive Rating season in Spurs history in 2008-09 (122.9). He's also 6th in franchise history in playoff games (94).

Matt Bonner was a lot of things (and he was not a lot of things), but he was always ready and did whatever he was asked to do to help the club. He missed a lot of shots (and rebounds) and struggled mightily at times when the bright lights of the playoffs came on -- when he was usually overmatched -- but even when things weren't going his way, he continued to play hard. His ability to step into the starting lineup in the 2014 WCF and then to knock out even a couple of 3's in the hostile environment of Game 6 at Chesapeake was important to the Spurs' last le. He frustrated a lot of people, but was a good culture guy for the club and leaves a positive legacy, at least to me, as he leaves the game.

I suspect he'll do well for himself in retirement. I hope he does.
    Great post FWD !

In Bud We Trust SquawkinHawkBigCock's Avatar
    My Team
    Atlanta Hawks
    Post Count
    So where are Pop's nudes, tbh....?

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I never understand how this board will roast a guy for years, then come together for a kumbaya upon their retirement?!?!?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still never hit a shot when it mattered.

Starting C during the dark ages.

Too much money for a big pile of ginger .

Toooooo overrated here for being a "good teammate" and "good end of the bench guy".

Hope he gets to meet Princess Wormfood soon. 2017 needs to hit NOW.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I never understand how this board will roast a guy for years, then come together for a kumbaya upon their retirement?!?

Because normal human beings have the capacity to criticize the performance, and not hate and obsess over the person? It's just the lunatic fringe of ST and ISIS that think like you two (and a few more like you.)

Have a nice day, though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    @SpurPadre best day of his life!.
    Last edited by daledondale; 01-06-2017 at 03:27 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As much as i hated the fact that Pop gave him a pass for sucking balls in the playoffs for a decade, I can't hate the guy.

Good retirement Bonbon.
    This

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Bonner hate really calmed down after about 2012 tbh, at least from most reasonable Spurs fans. I think we can all agree that he was a nice piece to have coming off the bench. He probably never should have been a starter in the NBA, but that's more an indictment on Pop fantasizing him as Horry 2.0 than it is Bonner.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    9 seasons and $27,743,057 too late

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    PATFO would've ditched him years ago if he was black

Hopefully his privilege is checked

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still never hit a shot when it mattered.

Starting C during the dark ages.

Too much money for a big pile of ginger .

Toooooo overrated here for being a "good teammate" and "good end of the bench guy".

Hope he gets to meet Princess Wormfood soon. 2017 needs to hit NOW.
    Oyes, Chuch. Take it easy, breezy. The vato is done. Estas bien bruto, buey.

Thread Information