Page 276 of 278 FirstFirst ... 176226266272273274275276277278 LastLast
Results 6,876 to 6,900 of 6947
    My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    I think it was meant as a joke but not truly sure. Warrens dad tweeted a photo of Chris saying he's always dreamt of being a Longhorn so I wonder if the coin flip was legitimate.
    Is this a serious post?

Lol

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    You do know they're not necessarily saying that A&M had the better overall class, right?

But feel free to hang a recruiting championship banner up at Kyle
    Yes, I'm aware, Blake.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Yes, I'm aware, Blake.
    Ok.

Good to see you posting aggy junk in this longhorn thread again, brah

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Ok.

Good to see you posting aggy junk in this longhorn thread again, brah
    Thanks.

Believe.
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Man, getting tougher to follow this thread with all the stupid people on ignore. Anyway, it's interesting mental gymnastics to claim Strong lied to recruits the day after signing day to get them to sign the LOIs that had been in for 18 hours. I'm also impressed that UF has kept itself out of the story -- goes to show which programs sell nationally. As a Shaggy poster said, UF is the one whose coach left the day after signing day. What was Strong supposed to do when the job wasn't even open until yesterday?

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Boise State Broncos
    Post Count
    MSN Texas Recruiting Champions

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    it's interesting mental gymnastics to claim Strong lied to recruits the day after signing day to get them to sign the LOIs that had been in for 18 hours. I'm also impressed that UF has kept itself out of the story -- goes to show which programs sell nationally. As a Shaggy poster said, UF is the one whose coach left the day after signing day. What was Strong supposed to do when the job wasn't even open until yesterday?
    you are just spinning it the other way. More power to you if you actually believe that this move hadn't been in the works for awhile. I don't know if Strong knew or not, but I find it incredibly hard to believe that Rumph didn't know about it. So either everyone was aware of the possibility and elected to not say anything about it during the recruiting process or Strong's "core values" don't apply to his position coaches.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    MSN Texas Recruiting Champions
    The rankings Sisk posted are actually from collegefootballnews.com AKA Scout recruiting rankings. http://cfn.scout.com/2/1510661.html

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Man, getting tougher to follow this thread with all the stupid people on ignore. Anyway, it's interesting mental gymnastics to claim Strong lied to recruits the day after signing day to get them to sign the LOIs that had been in for 18 hours. I'm also impressed that UF has kept itself out of the story -- goes to show which programs sell nationally. As a Shaggy poster said, UF is the one whose coach left the day after signing day. What was Strong supposed to do when the job wasn't even open until yesterday?
    Strong did hire the guy and heap accolades on him. This is a very dirty business. One can't blame an assistant for a move up. But a lateral move to be with a friend who happen to land a few very good defensive lineman at the very end of the cycle? It smells, but now we know there was no loyalty. So, good riddance.
    Last edited by pgardn; 02-06-2015 at 09:45 PM.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    The rankings Sisk posted are actually from collegefootballnews.com AKA Scout recruiting rankings. http://cfn.scout.com/2/1510661.html
    I will take our improvement in recruiting. ATM got the top recruits with those 2 no doubt.

What I would rather have is a decent season.
    So when do you guys expect to win the SEC?
    I think 2 to 3 years we take the Big 12.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    That's funny, according to Scout Texas finished with the better class.

http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=9&c=14&yr=2015

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count

according to Sisk's link, Stanford won the state of Oregon.

While Oregon won the state of Hawaii

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    I will take our improvement in recruiting. ATM got the top recruits with those 2 no doubt.

What I would rather have is a decent season.
    So when do you guys expect to win the SEC?
    I think 2 to 3 years we take the Big 12.
    I agree
    I agree
    Not this upcoming season but next season IMHO. That would be 4 recruiting classes for Sumlin.
    I don't.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count

Don't be obtuse. Nobody knows or will know who ultimately signed the better recruiting class but according to these sites that rank on a point system, it is always obviously more favorable when you sign 4 more guys. The sites rank quan y over quality. Look at the average stars if you really want a better representation. Or the composite rankings which ranks quality over quan y as well.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    I agree
    I agree
    Not this upcoming season but next season IMHO. That would be 4 recruiting classes for Sumlin.
    I don't.
    Who do you think is the most underrated recruit for the ags

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Who do you think is the most underrated recruit for the ags
    DB Justin Evans.

south central hood rat the chronic's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Huh? I have no problem Texas having the 6-7 charlie strong and his core values. Guy is the next Fran.
    In Charlie's defense his two national championship rings are more than A&M has acquired in 120 years of playing football. But hey why talk facts when we can speculate on how that big year is coming for A&M soon

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    In Charlie's defense his two national championship rings are more than A&M has acquired in 120 years of playing football. But hey why talk facts when we can speculate on how that big year is coming for A&M soon
    Charlie develops talent better than Sumlin too

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    are you talking about Urban Meyer's National Championships? pretty sure we all understand what Urban is about right now.

This is the equivalent of 76ers fans talking up Brett Brown and his championship rings

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    What has Sumlin done?

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Charlie develops talent better than Sumlin too
    You learned this after his one year at Texas? Or was it all those years you were meticulously following his career at Louisville?? you don't know wtf you are talking about.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    What has Sumlin done?
    Nothing as of right now. I'm not the one talking up his credentials. I think he's on the way to doing great things though. Every coach starts somewhere.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    You learned this after his one year at Texas? Or was it all those years you were meticulously following his career at Louisville?? you don't know wtf you are talking about.
    No, it was the 33 or so defensive players he has put into the draft in his career compared to how many for Sumlin? Along with a Rookie of the year NFL QB compared to Sumlin's TWO QBs who need alcoholic rehab. Sumlin has had Keenum, Manziel, and Hill. How have they turned out so far?

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    c'moooon 2016 thread

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    No, it was the 33 or so defensive players he has put into the draft in his career compared to how many for Sumlin? Along with a Rookie of the year NFL QB compared to Sumlin's TWO QBs who need alcoholic rehab. Sumlin has had Keenum, Manziel, and Hill. How have they turned out so far?
    compare apples to apples. Were not talking about players who went to the nfl when charlie was an assistant.

Thread Information