Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Never Forget David HighLowLobForBig-50's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its foolish to think that what we have will remain.
    i have been lurking here and posting a little bit for a long time. But mainly reading and lurking for years and years.
    if you dont think our place is gonna change, youre a dumbass. so where will this huge group meet and post going forward ?
    not trying to sound like i dont appreciate what K and LJ have done for us but they have obviously moved on and if we arent proactive then we will fail to protect what we have enjoyed and built for so many years.
    there is a huge value built into the sale of ST but we should assume that the new ownership doesnt realize or appreciate what it is.
    so as long as we are proactive in establishing what the location is going forward is then its all good. but if we just watch while it is moderated into oblivion then we are fools and we only have ourselves to blame.
    im just saying a backup plan wouldnt be the worst thing we could do. i love this place and what it offers and if it is gone one day i dont wanna blame myself.
    so here i am am trying to do my part.
    what should we do to try and protect what has been established?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It is primitive for now, but I promise to allow the vulgarity forever: https://spurstalk.vbulletin.net/

Next 10 to signup get MOD status!

My Favorite Faded Fantasy The Gemini Method's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Splits is the sole proprietor of the new website? How many mods will there be total...ballpark numbers please.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It is primitive for now, but I promise to allow the vulgarity forever: https://spurstalk.vbulletin.net/

good one. and as much as i respect K i would fully expect her in here for some damage control.
    but what about the average poster that is legit worried about what is to come?

for instance, Thread/cubby is the only poster that i have sworn i would put on ignore but never did...
    i would seriously miss his witty ass schtick like i would miss chumps redundant ass (if he ever chooses to reach 100K)
    i would severely miss pedo avante if only for his great nfl takes.
    like im just sayin, what if thats all gone one day? wouldnt we look back and wish we woud have been more proactive? the writing is on the wall..
    i know there is secret/private ST forums that the women and longtime regs have been meeting at for many years but what about aaaalllll the great posters?
    we just gonna let it all go ??????

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Mod me, !

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    a specific and regular timeslot i could mod be it upstairs,downstairs, the club, or mmgay (id pass on politics forum) but thats not the point.
    what is the backup plan ?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Absolute power corrupts...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ST's owners gave up on this place awhile back, I think they kept paying the rent out of habit and feeling sorry for us.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

i have bookmarked as "the new ST' and thats fine but we need to get the word out.
    if things stay the same thats one (highly unlikely) thing, but i dont think they will.
    i think it will gradually change and i dont wanna lose what we have. too many posters, way too many great posters

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I see you Thread

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sorry, you were 11

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    The memories can't be taken from us.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just die already.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ST's owners gave up on this place awhile back, I think they kept paying the rent out of habit and feeling sorry for us.
    i think so too, i really do. i feel they kept paying rent after quazi-abandoning it. but if K has admitted the deed has been done then lets not around.
    this truly belongs to us and so does its value.
    it could come out (whether true or not) that the new owner/owners are old school ST posters but regardless we are fools not to have a contingency plan

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    not interested in the memories you sorry son of a .
    the future is what im after, come to pappy

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sorry, you were 11
    Damn, I needed that little bit of power to make me feel better about my ty life.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    i think so too, i really do. i feel they kept paying rent after quazi-abandoning it. but if K has admitted the deed has been done then lets not around.
    this truly belongs to us and so does its value.
    it could come out (whether true or not) that the new owner/owners are old school ST posters but regardless we are fools not to have a contingency plan
    We were extremely fortunate it's went on as long as it has in such a pure state.

I've never experienced anything close to it. The restraint exhibited by Ellis remains a miracle on earth. Were they perfect? No. But, they loitered perfection.

Ellis

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We were extremely fortunate it's went on as long as it has in such a pure state.

I've never experienced anything close to it. The restraint exhibited by Ellis remains a miracle on earth. Were they perfect? No. But, they loitered perfection.

Ellis
    never dreamed i would hold the upper hand on Thread, never.
    quitter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Feeling sorry

Probably 95% accurate.

Spurstalk is pretty much a part of everyones life. I've been posting here since 08 and lurking since 06...I can't imagine losing this forum. Would be a sad day..Reddit, Realgm all suck

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    not interested in the memories you sorry son of a .
    the future is what im after, come to pappy
    Like you said, only a fool believes it will remain whole. We can't do anything about that. But, we lived this. We bore witness to something that went beyond our wildest imaginations. As the years passed we became comfortable. It wasn't a mirage. It actually existed & functioned.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Feeling sorry

Probably 95% accurate.

Spurstalk is pretty much a part of everyones life. I've been posting here since 08 and lurking since 06...I can't imagine losing this forum. Would be a sad day..Reddit, Realgm all suck
    ill be the first one to admit to cease posting prematurely, but you nailed it; this site is part of my life.
    i have read all about all you mother ers in all the forums. i was pre-whottt
    if it means being more active and actually posting my pure genius takes instead of just thinking them, then im down AF

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Like you said, only a fool believes it will remain whole. We can't do anything about that. But, we lived this. We bore witness to something that went beyond our wildest imaginations. As the years passed we became comfortable. It wasn't a mirage. It actually existed & functioned.
    with all due respect, and i mean aaaalllllllllllllll duuuuuue respect. YOU IT DOESNT HAVE TO DIE.
    between all the internet genius' we have here, youre telling me its over?!?!!?
    lol where is the lmfao smiley tbh

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Feeling sorry

Probably 95% accurate.

You can't compare this with anything else. That is a form of blasphemy. Kind of like your '13, or, our ruination. You have to get up, stand straight and watch it. You must witness it's end, if that is the reality. To run from it, to go somewhere else and sign a registration form is a disgrace.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    for you Cubbs, i had to go look for it.
    and i even capped your name.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can't compare this with anything else. That is a form of blasphemy. Kind of like your '13, or, our ruination. You have to get up, stand straight and watch it. You must witness it's end, if that is the reality. To run from it, to go somewhere else and sign a registration form is a disgrace.
    you sound like such a Laker fan.
    Jim hasnt retired yet so your blasphemy logic doesnt apply to us

Thread Information