Page 19 of 32 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You really want a Seasonic 1KW PSU. Just buy it once, it's modular, solid brand, you probably won't have to change it again.
    My PSU is fine. The mobo has a short through the TPU.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The 1TB NVMe is good enough just for the OS and Apps... you probably want to snatch something higher capacity. Even 2TB will give you a nice offset.

4TB/8TB as a separate NVMe stick would also work out, but they're still fairly pricey unless you really need them.
    I have 1tb 970 EVO already and a couple SSDs. I just need the OS drive and they can keep their overpriced secondary drives. My concern is they will take the money for the build then not ship because they don't have the 3080 yet

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CASE:
    NZXT H710 (White)

MSRP
    $139.99

GPU:
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 - GIGABYTE EAGLE OC 10G
    MSRP
    $729.99

CPU:
    Intel Core i9-10850K 10-Core 3.6GHz (fastest one they offer)

MSRP
    $489.99

CPU COOLING:
    NZXT Kraken Z73 with LCD display

MSRP
    $279.99

MOTHERBOARD:
    ASUS ROG Maximus XII Hero

MSRP
    $399.99

RAM:
    G.SKILL Trident Z Royal RGB 3600MHz (max speed) 16GB (2X8GB)

MSRP
    $119.99

SSD:MSRP
    Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500.0 GB
    $119.99

POWER:
    NZXT C850 Gold

MSRP
    $129.99

RGBs:MSRP
    NZXT RGB Internal Lighting Kit

$59.99

SOFTWARE:
    Windows 10 Home

MSRP
    $119.99

SERVICE:
    $99.00
    BLD Assembly & Service Package Standard

2 years warranty on all parts & labor
    Ships within 2 business days (builds with NVIDIA 30 series may take longer pending availability)
    Guaranteed game performance
    Professional wire management
    Please ensure all parts selections are correct. Within 2 hours of purchase, you can change or cancel your order. Beyond this window, any changes may incur additional fees or delay your order.
    Estimated shipping date 10/06/2020

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    mobo doesn't support PCIe 4.0 because the comet lake doesn't work with it. I guess that mobo will support comet lake processors.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's legit twice the bandwidth of PCIE3. But the problem with making a build right now is that we just don't know when things like PCIE4 NVMe sticks are going to come out.

Probably within another 6 months, but hard to tell with this pandemic .
    I've never been one to worry about missing soon to release tech.. hasn't seemed to deter me from buying and AFAIK hasn't hampered my experience (ignorance is bliss)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1000W seems like enormous overkill in the age of dual gpu not really being supported any more in games.
    The reason I mentioned 1000W is twofold. Good PSUs like Seasonic will switch to low-power mode when the load isn't too big, and they're simply solidly built and last.

The other reason is that AMD has never cared too much about low wattage, and now that Intel has found itself cornered, I see their new CPUs have generally larger TDP too.

So there's no reason to get something high that will stand pretty much any build, IMO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CASE:
    NZXT H710 (White)

MSRP
    $139.99

GPU:
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 - GIGABYTE EAGLE OC 10G
    MSRP
    $729.99

CPU:
    Intel Core i9-10850K 10-Core 3.6GHz (fastest one they offer)

MSRP
    $489.99

CPU COOLING:
    NZXT Kraken Z73 with LCD display

MSRP
    $279.99

MOTHERBOARD:
    ASUS ROG Maximus XII Hero

MSRP
    $399.99

RAM:
    G.SKILL Trident Z Royal RGB 3600MHz (max speed) 16GB (2X8GB)

MSRP
    $119.99

SSD:MSRP
    Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500.0 GB
    $119.99

POWER:
    NZXT C850 Gold

MSRP
    $129.99

RGBs:MSRP
    NZXT RGB Internal Lighting Kit

$59.99

SOFTWARE:
    Windows 10 Home

MSRP
    $119.99

SERVICE:
    $99.00
    BLD Assembly & Service Package Standard

2 years warranty on all parts & labor
    Ships within 2 business days (builds with NVIDIA 30 series may take longer pending availability)
    Guaranteed game performance
    Professional wire management
    Please ensure all parts selections are correct. Within 2 hours of purchase, you can change or cancel your order. Beyond this window, any changes may incur additional fees or delay your order.
    Estimated shipping date 10/06/2020
    That looks pretty solid (the build, haven't looked prices). I would throw in another 16GB in there, but can be done later on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What are you planning to run on this thing, if you can say?

i9s are fairly solid, I'm running one right now.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The reason I mentioned 1000W is twofold. Good PSUs like Seasonic will switch to low-power mode when the load isn't too big, and they're simply solidly built and last.

The other reason is that AMD has never cared too much about low wattage, and now that Intel has found itself cornered, I see their new CPUs have generally larger TDP too.

So there's no reason to get something high that will stand pretty much any build, IMO.
    Lots of really high quality PSUs without having to go so overboard though. You're talking $440 and up for Seasonic Gold or better, 1000W or higher, when you could get a really high quality 750W unit that is still pretty overkill for any single gpu system that's unlikely to go much past 500W under full load (eg Furmark + Prime95) with a i9-10900k + RTX 3080 for way less. For instance, Super Flower who used to make all the really high end EVGA G2 power supplies that came with 10 year warranties is finally entering the US market under their own name and you can get the Leadex III 750W Gold with a 10 year warranty for $170.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08BJZVDP8

I'm not one to sacrifice on power supply but those ultra high power Seasonic units seem way overboard unless you're mining eth or something with multiple gpus.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That looks pretty solid (the build, haven't looked prices). I would throw in another 16GB in there, but can be done later on.
    The problem with adding another 16 gig is it causes the CPU cooler to have to sit at a different orientation. Since it has an LCD screen that could be awkward. I've done just fine with 16 Like your said, I could add more later if I wanted. I think the price is around 2800

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What are you planning to run on this thing, if you can say?

i9s are fairly solid, I'm running one right now.
    Games and goofing off stuff. But since I have a 49 in curved monitor quite often I have several applications open at the same time including a movie, a game, a spreadsheet and maybe couple other things. I won't pretend I need this much power but I'm not going to try to save a couple hundred bucks to go middle of the road and this is not super high end compared to some systems.

Yeah I'm sure the I 9 is just fine but i would like to get the 10900 instead of the 10850

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lots of really high quality PSUs without having to go so overboard though. You're talking $440 and up for Seasonic Gold or better, 1000W or higher, when you could get a really high quality 750W unit that is still pretty overkill for any single gpu system that's unlikely to go much past 500W under full load (eg Furmark + Prime95) with a i9-10900k + RTX 3080 for way less. For instance, Super Flower who used to make all the really high end EVGA G2 power supplies that came with 10 year warranties is finally entering the US market under their own name and you can get the Leadex III 750W Gold with a 10 year warranty for $170.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08BJZVDP8

I'm not one to sacrifice on power supply but those ultra high power Seasonic units seem way overboard unless you're mining eth or something with multiple gpus.
    I was ing around with Parts Picker yesterday and put together a 881W system, without actually trying.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/MNCyp2

Then again, definitely not your average joe build.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was ing around with Parts Picker yesterday and put together a 881W system, without actually trying.

Lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I mean if he was going with a 300W cpu and 350W gpu, yeah I could see it then.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I could get those parts from newegg and build it myself but I really got sick of doing that back in the day. I got tired of having to find the right bios versions and dealing with driver issues and faulty parts. If I enjoyed it that would be different.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Games and goofing off stuff. But since I have a 49 in curved monitor quite often I have several applications open at the same time including a movie, a game, a spreadsheet and maybe couple other things. I won't pretend I need this much power but I'm not going to try to save a couple hundred bucks to go middle of the road and this is not super high end compared to some systems.

Yeah I'm sure the I 9 is just fine but i would like to get the 10900 instead of the 10850
    Yeah, I'm sure that box will work out for that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, I'm sure that box will work out for that.
    The one I got works just fine for it if i had a motherboard which will be here in a few days. It just got me looking into upgrading. You know how it goes once you start looking.

I would have ordered that one I listed above if I was comfortable that they have the 3080 on stock. I highly doubt they do and I don't want to be on the back burner for a month and a 1/2 watching other come out better and cheaper while my system isn't even built yet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I could get those parts from newegg and build it myself but I really got sick of doing that back in the day. I got tired of having to find the right bios versions and dealing with driver issues and faulty parts. If I enjoyed it that would be different.
    I wouldn't sweat the difference between the 10850k and 10900k then if you prefer prebuilt, it's only 100 MHz and the 10900k probably overclocks marginally better on average. Otherwise they look like the same cpu. But out of the box performance is basically identical and those chips turbo boost so aggressively you're not likely getting much out of an overclock anyways.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The one I got works just fine for it if i had a motherboard which will be here in a few days. It just got me looking into upgrading. You know how it goes once you start looking.
    yup. I sorta maxed out my box here too with the last RAM upgrade, so I was more looking into what my next build will likely be.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yup. I sorta maxed out my box here too with the last RAM upgrade, so I was more looking into what my next build will likely be.
    Bend over, I'll max out your box.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You went a bit crazy on that build though. Did I see a $1300 M.2?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You went a bit crazy on that build though. Did I see a $1300 M.2?
    It's 8TB though. I have a 7.5TB SSD right now (SATA3), this one:

https://www.amazon.com/Micron-MTFDDA.../dp/B07JQ2F2WG

Way faster than an HDD, but nowhere near as fast as an NVMe drive. I'm working with ton of data nowadays. I only have 2.5TB free on that drive already.

I also have a 1TB boot SSD (SATA3) and 1TB NVMe when I need to make builds. I'd like to consolidate everything into NVMe, even more if I can snag PCIE4 drives.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's 8TB though. I have a 7.5TB SSD right now (SATA3), this one:

https://www.amazon.com/Micron-MTFDDA.../dp/B07JQ2F2WG

Way faster than an HDD, but nowhere near as fast as an NVMe drive. I'm working with ton of data nowadays. I only have 2.5TB free on that drive already.

I also have a 1TB boot SSD (SATA3) and 1TB NVMe when I need to make builds. I'd like to consolidate everything into NVMe, even more if I can snag PCIE4 drives.
    If it's for work that's different (and tax deductible).

So I ordered the system listed above. Hopefully they ship when they stated in my receipt email (10/6). I didn't see dropping extra 180.00 for next day though. When the mobo arrives for this other one I will install and test, then probably give it to my grandson (lucky kid).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If it's for work that's different (and tax deductible).

So I ordered the system listed above. Hopefully they ship when they stated in my receipt email (10/6). I didn't see dropping extra 180.00 for next day though. When the mobo arrives for this other one I will install and test, then probably give it to my grandson (lucky kid).
    Well, with this WFH thing going on, work and home is a blurred line, tbh... that said, company offered to pay for upgrades/new gear if necessary, so I might opt into it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    u build him a badass system, but he still uses a 1080p screen?

Thread Information